Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
"Song Of The Lonely Mountain" and The Hobbit Soundtrack (SPOILERS Maybe)

Barrow-Wight
Lorien

Jan 8 2013, 11:43pm

Views: 688
Shortcut
"Song Of The Lonely Mountain" and The Hobbit Soundtrack (SPOILERS Maybe) Can't Post

So I hadn't really listened to "Song Of The Lonely Mountain" In full before I had just heard snips of it and when I was leaving the movie. but I got it yesterday and listened to it, and it was weird at first cause I was used to hearing Thorin and Co sing to that tune plus it had different lyrics. but it grew on me and I like it now I felt like Bilbo did when he listened to the dwarves song lol. anyway I was wondering what your thoughts on it and the rest of the hobbit soundtrack was. and speculation on the next two I wonder what they'll do for the next two credits songs.

I'm glad they did "Blunt The Knives" in the film it's exactly as the book describes except the lyrics are flipped around somewhat, I thought that scene would be stupid but it really wasent

and of course "Misty Mountains" demands reverence and silence lol always chilling

I'm still holding on for some reference to "The Greatest Adventure" from the 70s cartoon and for some reason I wish they'd get Eddie Vedder to do a song for the films

I hope that they bring back the song "In Dreams" for the climax of "There And Back Again" I could hear it being played over Thorin,Kili and Fili's funeral with Bilbo saying Goodbye to the company, seeing the Lonely Mountain from a distance again then finally as the final lyrics are sung " I will go there and back again" Bilbo arrives home in Bag-End

sorry if all that seemed random just thought I'd get my thoughts out there

Subject User Time
"Song Of The Lonely Mountain" and The Hobbit Soundtrack (SPOILERS Maybe) Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Jan 8 2013, 11:43pm
    I love 'Misty Mountains'... dungolfin Send a private message to dungolfin Jan 8 2013, 11:56pm
    Love it. Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Jan 9 2013, 12:04am
        I've been thinking the same thing. ashonmytomatoes Send a private message to ashonmytomatoes Jan 9 2013, 12:18am
    Misty Mountains is awesome... Compa_Mighty Send a private message to Compa_Mighty Jan 9 2013, 12:29am
        Agreed ryouko Send a private message to ryouko Jan 9 2013, 1:06am
    I only heard part of it Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jan 9 2013, 1:32am
        I Heatherleawv Send a private message to Heatherleawv Jan 9 2013, 2:58am
    Soundtrack complaint Baldor Send a private message to Baldor Jan 9 2013, 3:15am
        Some music for AUJ's climax was recorded very last minute! sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Jan 9 2013, 4:46am
            Was it? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 9 2013, 8:33am
    Far Over The Misty Mountains Cold OhioHobbit Send a private message to OhioHobbit Jan 9 2013, 12:40pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.