Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's the New Year's Resolution Reading Thread!

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jan 8 2013, 2:57pm

Views: 220
Shortcut
It's the New Year's Resolution Reading Thread! Can't Post

First, a bit of business: I need a volunteer to post the reading thread next Tuesday, January 15, pretty please. I'll be away from my computer. As much as I'd like a psychic connection to TORn, I still need an electronic one in order to participate.

So---are any of us still holding to our new year's resolutions? Maybe we should all have resolved to read more Tongue

I managed to read the December Smithsonian only a week after the January issue came in---Notta Sackville maintains that they come out more frequently than once a month, and I think he's right---and several other magazines. I also read a book scheduled to be published this April because I was asked to proved a cover quote. It's titled Animal, Vegetable, Murder, and is a light mystery set in Seattle. I'll remind you of it once it's available.

I see that now I have a Kindle app on our new Surface tablet, I'm going to have a huge virtual To-Be-Read pile as well as a paper one. Ah well. Wink

Subject User Time
It's the New Year's Resolution Reading Thread! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 8 2013, 2:57pm
    That bear ate my pants! NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Jan 8 2013, 4:28pm
        There's an attention-grabbing subject line! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 8 2013, 4:59pm
            The funny thing is, the bear was one of the NICE ones! NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Jan 8 2013, 6:58pm
            Yes, the problem with unlikeable characters is well known to me kiwifan Send a private message to kiwifan Jan 13 2013, 8:51pm
                I wouldn't bother Starling Send a private message to Starling Jan 13 2013, 9:09pm
        I'm picking up Unbroken at my library today! Tintallė Send a private message to Tintallė Jan 8 2013, 5:53pm
            I actually gave it to my father for Christmas last year NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Jan 8 2013, 6:55pm
    I'll host Annael Send a private message to Annael Jan 8 2013, 5:22pm
        Thank you, Annael Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 8 2013, 6:35pm
            I agree Annael Send a private message to Annael Jan 8 2013, 8:53pm
        The ex-pats Radhruin Send a private message to Radhruin Jan 9 2013, 7:33am
            I would call it an adolescent phase Annael Send a private message to Annael Jan 9 2013, 5:06pm
                Hemingway at times sets my teeth on edge Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 9 2013, 6:07pm
                Ah, adolescence Radhruin Send a private message to Radhruin Jan 10 2013, 2:58am
                    the author of this book Annael Send a private message to Annael Jan 10 2013, 5:50pm
    this year I resolve to 127.0.0.1 acheron Send a private message to acheron Jan 8 2013, 6:16pm
        It's always good to have a big, absorbing book... Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 8 2013, 6:36pm
        Got it. NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Jan 8 2013, 6:57pm
        *giggle* Nice subject Inferno Send a private message to Inferno Jan 9 2013, 1:15am
            a friend commented.. acheron Send a private message to acheron Jan 9 2013, 1:45am
                I really liked the Mistborn series by him // NottaSackville Send a private message to NottaSackville Jan 9 2013, 2:01am
                If you're curious Inferno Send a private message to Inferno Jan 9 2013, 2:49am
    I listened to the audiobook of My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier... Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 8 2013, 6:40pm
        I've read House on the Strand Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 8 2013, 6:54pm
            Ah, thanks for the recommendation. Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 8 2013, 7:05pm
                Haven't read The House on the Strand yet (it's in one of my to-read piles... kiwifan Send a private message to kiwifan Jan 13 2013, 8:38pm
                    Have you seen the dramatization of Frenchman's Creek starring Tara Fitzgerald? / Patty Send a private message to Patty Jan 13 2013, 8:43pm
                        No I haven't seen it kiwifan Send a private message to kiwifan Jan 13 2013, 11:28pm
    Getting through my backlog, One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Jan 8 2013, 7:06pm
    I read "The Christmas Box" Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Jan 8 2013, 7:48pm
        There's nothing wrong with sap! Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 8 2013, 8:23pm
    War Brides Elberbeth Send a private message to Elberbeth Jan 9 2013, 5:43pm
        I'm sure there are many stories to be told of the war brides Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 9 2013, 6:09pm
        That sounds most interesting, who is the author?\\ kiwifan Send a private message to kiwifan Jan 13 2013, 11:31pm
    The Heart is a Lonely Hunter Radhruin Send a private message to Radhruin Jan 10 2013, 3:17am
        Yes indeed Lily Fairbairn Send a private message to Lily Fairbairn Jan 10 2013, 2:58pm
        I read this when sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Jan 12 2013, 1:38pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.