The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Beorn at the BoFA.

BeornBerserker
Lorien

Jan 5 2013, 11:58pm

Post #1 of 15 (611 views)
Shortcut
Beorn at the BoFA. Can't Post

Having just seen the movie again, it got me to thinking that Beorn at the BoFA is going to be an awesome display of power and destruction. I was watching the end scene with the Great Eagles and how impressive they are and how much power they bring in conflict and thought Beorn is really going to have to be something. The Great Eagles for all their power and majesty still were unable to affect the outcome of the BoFA and the forces of Elves, Dwarves, and Men were still headed for destruction until Beorn's arrival.

Mahtion
Rivendell

Jan 6 2013, 12:17am

Post #2 of 15 (407 views)
Shortcut
Beorn may get nerfed [In reply to] Can't Post

Dont forget Beorn's significance could be downplayed during the adaptation. It could possible that his power is downgraded as a result. I have high hopes for the next two movies, Mikwood's ambiance, Smaug vs Bard and of course the great BOFA with its collision of mighty armies and forces of nature.

Skaan
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 12:18am

Post #3 of 15 (379 views)
Shortcut
Beorn's arrival [In reply to] Can't Post

Beorn's arrival at the battle will probably be as awe-inspiring as Gandalf's arrival at Helm's Deep. Can't wait for the music for that part.

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jan 6 2013, 12:36am

Post #4 of 15 (350 views)
Shortcut
Beorn will be awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

You can't make a huge bear weak really. Bears will simply maul anyone and this is a very smart and huge bear! So yes he will be epic! The question is where will he come from? Will he show up just in time to mess up Bolg? Or will he be there earlier and fighting the whole time? Basically I'm wondering about what his entrance will look like. Smile

Ave Moria
Rivendell

Jan 6 2013, 1:37am

Post #5 of 15 (313 views)
Shortcut
Oh yeah!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

You just got me super stoked thinking of that. Let's also not forget he grows in size during the battle, so he will be pretty darn huge and imposing, plus with a palpable human soul beneath...

-In the Darkness, a torch we hold-

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 6 2013, 1:46am

Post #6 of 15 (350 views)
Shortcut
If Beorn turns out to look anything like this: [In reply to] Can't Post

Link

I'll be one very, very happy man. The BO5A has always interested me more than any other War of the Ring battle. I can't wait to see Beorn arrive at the battle.

Kimtc
Rohan

Jan 6 2013, 1:52am

Post #7 of 15 (301 views)
Shortcut
Would love to know what he looks like. [In reply to] Can't Post

I haven't seen any pictures of him in human or bear form (he didn't even make the production blogs when it was two movies, just his house). Just the silhouette pic from the scroll with Gandalf. While I'm impressed by the embargo, the mystery is about killing me!

Rane
Bree

Jan 6 2013, 1:56am

Post #8 of 15 (348 views)
Shortcut
Here's a pic from the huge poster [In reply to] Can't Post

http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com/upload/535576580656012823_9ubevdDL_c.jpg

Photobucket

(This post was edited by Rane on Jan 6 2013, 1:56am)

Kimtc
Rohan

Jan 6 2013, 2:09am

Post #9 of 15 (298 views)
Shortcut
I like the scale! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks!

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 2:10am

Post #10 of 15 (296 views)
Shortcut
not just fanart? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is this really from the movie? It looks so cool that I really hope it isn't fanart.

Rane
Bree

Jan 6 2013, 2:13am

Post #11 of 15 (297 views)
Shortcut
Here [In reply to] Can't Post

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/...bbit-panorama-beorn/

I'm willing to bet that's what he looks like. It is from an official panorama poster. But you never know if they'll change it in the movie.

Photobucket

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 2:36am

Post #12 of 15 (273 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully the design won't change. I guess we'll see later this year.

Heatherleawv
Bree

Jan 6 2013, 3:32am

Post #13 of 15 (262 views)
Shortcut
I [In reply to] Can't Post

can't wait to see Beorn in the next movie! He was one of my favorite characters from the book. He is such a unique character! It will be interesting to see how they use him in the five armies battle.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jan 6 2013, 4:16am

Post #14 of 15 (255 views)
Shortcut
pretty sure thats not fan art [In reply to] Can't Post

that image of the bear next to Gandalf was on the official hobbit website.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty, oh will you please take me home!!

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Jan 6 2013, 9:56pm

Post #15 of 15 (212 views)
Shortcut
Yes I cannot wait.... [In reply to] Can't Post

for Beorn! This is my favorite character then Dain Ironfoot (in the Hobbit anyways)! I hope Mikael Persbrandt does a good job ( I know he will) but I hope his design is AWESOME!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.