The fellowship vs the company

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Jan 6 2013, 11:56am

Post #1 of 25 (6479 views)
Shortcut
The fellowship vs the company Can't Post

Who would win in a fight?

Both have Gandalf the Grey, so we can discount him. The company obviously have the numerical advantage, but the fellowship have Aragorn and Legolas, both of whom are pretty kick-ass!

triptrap
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 12:12pm

Post #2 of 25 (5504 views)
Shortcut
hard to decide... [In reply to] Can't Post

but a funny question

don't forget bormir, he's a very good fighter.
excluding gandalf(since both have him):
the fellowship has four big fighters(aragorn,boromir,legolas,gimli)
but how many real fighters are in the company?: Thorin, Dwalin, Balin,Fili,Kili,Gloin? are the most recognisable fighters i guess

and since this is the hobbit board: Company all the way ^^

shadowdog
Rohan

Jan 6 2013, 2:40pm

Post #3 of 25 (5382 views)
Shortcut
OK, I'm hung up [In reply to] Can't Post

on why and under what circumstances the Company and the Fellowship would fight each other. Evil

Vaire
The Shire

Jan 6 2013, 2:43pm

Post #4 of 25 (5366 views)
Shortcut
What if... [In reply to] Can't Post

A terrible blight has destroyed the Shire's entire pipeweed crop, and they are fighting over the last barrel. Laugh

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Jan 6 2013, 2:46pm

Post #5 of 25 (5374 views)
Shortcut
Bifur [In reply to] Can't Post

Bifur is pretty tough. He could take out Merry and Pippin on his own I think.

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Jan 6 2013, 2:50pm

Post #6 of 25 (5376 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo vs Frodo and Gloin vs Gimli [In reply to] Can't Post

Thorin & Balin vs Aragorn

Oin & Dwalin vs Boromir

Fili & Kili vs Legolas

Gloin vs Gimli

Bilbo vs Frodo

Bofur & Bifur vs Merry

Dori & Nori vs Pippin

Gandalf vs Gandalf

Bombur & Ori vs Sam

Bilbo and Frodo both have The One Ring, but Bilbo can actually use it. Plus he took on Azog, so he's way more badass, I'd be tempted to pit him against Sam. That'd be interesting.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 6 2013, 3:37pm

Post #7 of 25 (5304 views)
Shortcut
They'd fight if ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Gimli and Legolas got together. The Dwarves wouldn't be happy. Tongue

Entwife Wandlimb
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 3:50pm

Post #8 of 25 (5312 views)
Shortcut
The Fellowship has hobbit superiority [In reply to] Can't Post

Imagine the Fellowship facing three trolls, as did the Company. No way do I see them bagged and trussed up as menu items. They have sword, bow and ax. They have Boromir, who held off so many orcs . They have the stealthy hobbits and stealthier elf who could race up the troll's arm or shoot him from afar. They have Strider whose wood craft was legendary. Plus, they have four wildcards, Samwise the Brave, Pippin and Merry, starters of avalanches, counselors to kings, and Frodo, long suffering, Light Bearer.

Entwife Wandlimb
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 3:58pm

Post #9 of 25 (5279 views)
Shortcut
More like Fantasy Football [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing as Gimli was mourning the deaths of his kinsmen in the Mines of Moria, there wouldn't be many left to take on the Fellowship.

ryouko
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 4:00pm

Post #10 of 25 (5256 views)
Shortcut
good question [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
on why and under what circumstances the Company and the Fellowship would fight each other. Evil

Especially when you have a father and son fighting each other. Wink

Entwife Wandlimb
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 4:05pm

Post #11 of 25 (5274 views)
Shortcut
mithril shirt? [In reply to] Can't Post

Bilbo may use the ring but does Frodo have the shirt?

Also, I see Legolas shooting more dwarves from a distance so I would give him more than two.

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Jan 6 2013, 4:19pm

Post #12 of 25 (5273 views)
Shortcut
Trolls [In reply to] Can't Post

The Fellowship struggled with one troll in the Mines of Moria. The Company would have taken out the three trolls if Bilbo didn't get in the way.

I completely forgot about the one ring (pretty big thing to overlook I know). Bilbo could just walk around and stab them all in the back of the head (unless he got all sentimental like he did with Gollum).

The company win hands down.

triptrap
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 4:21pm

Post #13 of 25 (5241 views)
Shortcut
i agree!!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

and i have the same impression concerning the trolls

Entwife Wandlimb
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 4:59pm

Post #14 of 25 (5254 views)
Shortcut
plus orcs in a confined space [In reply to] Can't Post

The troll in Moria was with a swarm of orcs and in a confined space, hunting them. The trolls the dwarves fought were oblivious to their presence until Fili and Kili sent Bilbo in to check them out (instead of notifying Thorin). Bilbo is only caught by chance. The dwarves were unable to rescue him or themselves and Bilbo is the only one with the presence of mind to stall them with cooking tips and the lie that they have parasites. How did Bilbo "get in the way"?

Hamfast of Gamwich
Rivendell

Jan 6 2013, 5:15pm

Post #15 of 25 (5253 views)
Shortcut
Fair enough [In reply to] Can't Post

Fair enough on the orcs. They made it much harder to fight the troll! The fellowship could probably take out WIlliam, Tom and Bert.

I've only seen the film twice so can't quite remember how his capture by the trolls came about. All I really meant was that the company would have defeated the trolls if that situation didn't occur.

However, the dwarves inability to rescue Bilbo or come up with a clever plan to delay the trolls is irrelevant to a combat situation, which is what the discussion is about. Any member of the fellowship or the company could just grab a hobbit, hold a knife to his throat and thereby stop the others from fighting and thereby "win" a fight.

Entwife Wandlimb
Lorien

Jan 6 2013, 5:20pm

Post #16 of 25 (5245 views)
Shortcut
yes, it kind of falls apart... [In reply to] Can't Post

Any member of the fellowship or the company could just grab a hobbit, hold a knife to his throat and thereby stop the others from fighting and thereby "win" a fight.

Whenever you think about the Fellowship actually fighting the Company. Gimli fight his kinsmen? No.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 7 2013, 5:01am

Post #17 of 25 (5169 views)
Shortcut
Fili, Kili and Leggi [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Thorin & Balin vs Aragorn

Oin & Dwalin vs Boromir

Fili & Kili vs Legolas

Gloin vs Gimli

Bilbo vs Frodo

Bofur & Bifur vs Merry

Dori & Nori vs Pippin

Gandalf vs Gandalf

Bombur & Ori vs Sam

Bilbo and Frodo both have The One Ring, but Bilbo can actually use it. Plus he took on Azog, so he's way more badass, I'd be tempted to pit him against Sam. That'd be interesting.

Ohhhhhhhhh I can hear the fangirls screaming now... wait.... ahhhhhhhhhhh.... will Dark and Smouldering win? Or Blond and Beautiful? Or Blond and Ruggedly Handsome.

Wait, are we talking a real fight, or a sexiness vote here...

Ohgawd, you pitted Bofur against Merry... Nooooooooooooo, guess I have to go with The Hat. Give me The Hat.

And an Iron Chef throwdown: Sam vs Bombur.

Go outside and play...

dreamflower
Lorien

Jan 7 2013, 5:22pm

Post #18 of 25 (5225 views)
Shortcut
You can't discount Gandalf [In reply to] Can't Post

He would just put a stop to the whole thing before it started, remind them that they had more important things to do than fight among themselves, and if he had to he'd pull his "looming-Maia-with-a-deep-voice" trick on them and embarrass them into behaving.

Of course, he'd have the problem of sorting them back into their proper timelines...

Rolfina
Rivendell

Jan 8 2013, 10:33am

Post #19 of 25 (5112 views)
Shortcut
Best answer! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 8 2013, 7:43pm

Post #20 of 25 (5523 views)
Shortcut
Despite their potential, so far the company has spent about equal time [In reply to] Can't Post

running away from things as fighting. I think that will change in DOS, but until then I have to give this one to the fellowship.

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Jan 14 2013, 10:18am

Post #21 of 25 (5102 views)
Shortcut
lol @ Gandalf vs Himself. // [In reply to] Can't Post

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

Beren0nehanded
Bree

Jan 16 2013, 3:29pm

Post #22 of 25 (5085 views)
Shortcut
Isn't that the point? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Whenever you think about the Fellowship actually fighting the Company. Gimli fight his kinsmen? No.

You do know that this is what the Arena is for right? Wink

Don't be hasty.

Nalin sternbolt
The Shire

Jan 28 2013, 1:53am

Post #23 of 25 (5139 views)
Shortcut
hmmm hard call [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't decide but I have a couple of points:

Pippin, Merry, Frodo, and Sam are the weaker side of the Fellowship. In a straight on fight Aragorn, Gimli, Boromir, and Legolas have to REALY pull there weight. Maybe the Hobbits can pull their weight against Orcs but they would only excel at ambush and rock tossing against the Dwarf people.

Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, Gloin, Oin, Bifur (and possibly Dori) are the Warriors to match the top 4 of the Fellowship!!

Thorin with Orcrist against Aragorn with Anduril!! Maybe Aragorn would win after a good long fight.

Boromir would be the match of Dwalin. The two champions would be the face of the century! (high priced seats) I'd put money on Dwalin though.

I'd pull Nori, Ori, Bofur, Bombut, and Bilbo against Merry, Pippin, Sam, and Frodo. In terms of straight up fighting skill... the common dwarves by far... take away the Ring and Sting from Bilbo and Frodo --- I'd probably side with Frodo (not a priss and a good sense in most fighting situations)
I wouldn't give the other three Hobbits enough props to fight their way out of the rumble. The Dwarves (at least in the movie) were tough in the rumbles... (these "lesser" Dwarves also lasted through the battle of the 5 armies and lived. they had to have SOME skill?!?

the real test would be on Legolas to take on the company and be the game changer!! As much as I think Legolas was a killing maching...

I think Thorin and company would win with most dead... maybe Legolas fleeing alive but alone!

Peter Jackson, Phillipa Boyens, or Fran Walsh (or anyone else on the Hobbit production) NEED to come out to the Seattle Comicon, @ www.emeraldcitycomicon.com

The White Wizard
The Shire

Feb 6 2013, 6:10pm

Post #24 of 25 (5131 views)
Shortcut
The Company wins ... [In reply to] Can't Post

because of numbers. Also, the fellowship has four hobbits while the company has one and although Sam is definately the best figher of the hobbits and Merry and Pippin are not too bad either, they could not match many of the dwarves. I think the comapny would face extremely heavy losses and with my calculations the only survivors would be Frodo, who runs away, Thorin, Ori, because he stays in the background with his slingshot, and Bilbo because he never joins in the fighting.

KingTurgon
Rohan

Feb 21 2013, 5:27pm

Post #25 of 25 (5420 views)
Shortcut
The Company [In reply to] Can't Post

Bombur would borrow Bilbo's ring and sit on each member of the fellowship

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.