Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
Witch-king vs Tom Bombadil

imin
Valinor

Jun 30 2012, 9:41pm

Post #1 of 12 (1129 views)
Shortcut
Witch-king vs Tom Bombadil Can't Post

In either the Old Forest or if Tom decides its ok to go outside his self imposed boundaries then anywhere, who do you think would win in a battle?

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jun 30 2012, 9:59pm

Post #2 of 12 (348 views)
Shortcut
Witch King for the win [In reply to] Can't Post

Tom's a lover not a fighter LOL!!!Wink

Take this Brother May it Serve you Well
Vote for Pedro!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 30 2012, 10:32pm

Post #3 of 12 (332 views)
Shortcut
Quite hard to compare [In reply to] Can't Post

Since we know nothing of Bombadil, and especially nothing of how he is in combat, it's impossible to say! This makes me lean towards to the Witchking Wink

imin
Valinor

Jun 30 2012, 10:39pm

Post #4 of 12 (332 views)
Shortcut
Lol great answer! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe he would win by turning the witch king into his friend what with him being a lover Tongue

imin
Valinor

Jun 30 2012, 10:42pm

Post #5 of 12 (320 views)
Shortcut
we know a tiny bit about tom :P [In reply to] Can't Post

he has powers over the wights on the barrow downs and was in middle earth before time began or something like that cant quite remember right now, lol. I was thinking the witchkings main weapon was fear and i doubt tom would be scared as nothing seems to scare him - the ring was a trinket to him which had no effect - my thinking was it might even a battle up or scare the witch king away as he realises he's powers are useless, but then again maybe the witchking would just stab him and end it in one blow!

Tough one!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 30 2012, 10:44pm

Post #6 of 12 (314 views)
Shortcut
I was going to say that he could lock him in a barrow ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Tom could fire arrows of flowers from his bow while Goldberry jumps up behind him, pushing th WK into a barrow Laugh

imin
Valinor

Jun 30 2012, 10:49pm

Post #7 of 12 (299 views)
Shortcut
Haha [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess that could be effective if the witch king has hay fever Tongue making his eye water so he cant really see and he gets a headache, then bam! goldberry round house kicks him into the barrow for ever! Then tom and goldberry run naked on the grass in the sun in homage to the hobbits!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jun 30 2012, 10:55pm

Post #8 of 12 (322 views)
Shortcut
Bomadil and Goldberry being naked might be enough for the WK to keel over! / [In reply to] Can't Post

imin
Valinor

Jun 30 2012, 11:08pm

Post #9 of 12 (343 views)
Shortcut
Haha, now thats a weird image i have in my head of them making the witch king faint with their nakedness! / [In reply to] Can't Post

BeornBerserker
Lorien

Jul 5 2012, 2:20am

Post #10 of 12 (682 views)
Shortcut
Goin with Tom [In reply to] Can't Post

danmax67

Oct 17 2012, 8:02pm

Post #11 of 12 (401 views)
Shortcut
They are the same person [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't you know, they are one in the same.

http://flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/theories/bombadil.htm

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jan 6 2013, 7:15am

Post #12 of 12 (299 views)
Shortcut
hmmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Don't you know, they are one in the same.

http://flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/theories/bombadil.htm[/reply]

then he should be fired for not getting the ring after a couple days of housing the hobbits....AND even getting hold of the ring then giving it back to Frodo....ridiculous!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.