Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Gundabad Orcs..

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Jan 3 2013, 8:57pm

Post #1 of 11 (781 views)
Shortcut
Gundabad Orcs.. Can't Post

Since we talk alot and have talked alot about the head orcs (Azog,Bolg) what did everyone think of the other orcs, the Orcs of Gundabad or the Hunter Orcs? I felt they were a change and I love their design probably more than any previous orcs. Their more muscular and speak their own language and just seem more evil and menacing! Yazneg was good until he died( Azog killed him) but he looks nothing like his action figure ( think old man) .I wonder why? Fimbul was excellent but not much action..probably be featured more in Desolation of Smaug. So what do you guys think?

patrickk
Rohan

Jan 3 2013, 9:31pm

Post #2 of 11 (406 views)
Shortcut
Orc Language and the NZ Haka [In reply to] Can't Post

Has anyone noticed that the orc language is very similar to the Haka the baltte chant/cry of the Maori used most prominantly by the All Blacks Rugby Team (There are many versions of the haka but here is one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y. Our North American friends may not be so familiar but the Aussie, Kiwi, Brit, Irish, and French rugby fans know it all too well.

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jan 3 2013, 9:58pm

Post #3 of 11 (318 views)
Shortcut
No, I didn't. [In reply to] Can't Post

What similarities do you hear?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Carne
Tol Eressea

Jan 3 2013, 10:18pm

Post #4 of 11 (339 views)
Shortcut
Fimbul [In reply to] Can't Post

I preferred Yazneg over Fimbul.

Something about Fimbul I didn't really like in the movie, design wise. A bit too bland compared to the other orcs in my opinion.

I also really liked the orcs at the battle of Azanulbizar.

(This post was edited by Carne on Jan 3 2013, 10:24pm)

redgiraffe
Rohan

Jan 3 2013, 10:25pm

Post #5 of 11 (287 views)
Shortcut
okay what language? [In reply to] Can't Post

What language were the orcs speaking? I thought it was the black speech of Mordor.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

Apexman13
Bree

Jan 3 2013, 10:43pm

Post #6 of 11 (285 views)
Shortcut
I thought they were okay [In reply to] Can't Post

design wise they didn't really appeal to me. Their prosthetics looked fake as if they were wearing masks. I was also put off by the Oricsh language.

Some of the the other minor Gundabad orcs looked better though.

GhostofMacbeth
The Shire

Jan 4 2013, 3:53am

Post #7 of 11 (165 views)
Shortcut
I liked them [In reply to] Can't Post

They were a little different from the previous orcs but not so different as the Great Goblin horde. I liked the language, as well.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 4 2013, 4:32am

Post #8 of 11 (155 views)
Shortcut
Goblins... [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought the Goblins from the Hobbit were more like the FotR Moria orcs.

triptrap
Lorien

Jan 4 2013, 12:40pm

Post #9 of 11 (125 views)
Shortcut
they're ok [In reply to] Can't Post

though i can't really judge them yet and i need to see more of their design in the upcoming movies.
but i have to admit that i am not so much fond of the bone-and-fur design clothing, it goes too much into the barbarian-cliche for me and i just totally loved the orcs in LOTR, especially their amor and weapons

Captain Sassy Pants
The Shire

Jan 5 2013, 1:54pm

Post #10 of 11 (27 views)
Shortcut
You mean... [In reply to] Can't Post

They were of a slender build, with human like proportions; they were greenish and not pink,; they looked closer to orcs and not molerats; their bodies weren't covered in sores/lesions?

I guess I saw completely different goblins than you did.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 5 2013, 1:58pm

Post #11 of 11 (47 views)
Shortcut
Hahaha... [In reply to] Can't Post

They had the same enlarged eyes of underground dwellers that will not go out in the daylight (if different pupils) and the same pointy ears, among other similarities. They also seemed (other than the Great Goblin) slighter/shorter on average than the more "military" orcs in the armies of LotR.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.