Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Crucial Scenes in the Films

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 4 2013, 1:01am

Views: 828
Shortcut
Crucial Scenes in the Films Can't Post

In AUJ, the Riddle Game was crucial, and I thought it was one of the best parts of the film.

There are some other critical scenes coming up, and how they are handled may well determine the success of the rest of the story to the world.

My picks for really critical stuff.

1. Bilbo's plan to rescue the dwarves, and their reactions
2. Bilbo vs. the Dragon interaction This is on-par with Gollum. The dragon must be seen as a threat, yet somehow charismatic and obviously intelligent, with his powers of persuasion in full display.
3. Bilbo and the Arkenstone situation - very sticky to handle. Is he getting more Gollumi-ish at this point/ At least in terms of being secretive and lying?
4. The siege period where the dwarves are stuck in the mountain with Men and Elves outside. This could be a really interesting conflict. You want the audience to side with Bilbo, who's tired of gold-sickness, etc. and feels sorry for the men having lost their homes, too.
5. Thorin's death bed scene. These are pretty much an actor's favorite type of scene, but we've seen some good ones in LOTR. Boromir was good, and so was Theoden. Some were not so good, like Denethor. I wonder what we'll get this time.

Thoughts?

Rostron

Subject User Time
Crucial Scenes in the Films Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jan 4 2013, 1:01am
    How they handle Thranduil Kimtc Send a private message to Kimtc Jan 4 2013, 1:53am
        So far, Thranduil is hardly inspiring... Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Jan 4 2013, 8:32am
            are you kidding? Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Jan 4 2013, 2:22pm
            I disagree. Thranduil has evinced a personality of pride and almost alien calculation AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 4 2013, 6:58pm
                Well Starling Send a private message to Starling Jan 4 2013, 8:05pm
                Lee Pace Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jan 4 2013, 8:17pm
                Agreed ryouko Send a private message to ryouko Jan 5 2013, 3:20am
        Interesting Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jan 4 2013, 4:49pm
    From Bladerunner: The Importance of the Auction Scene Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jan 4 2013, 2:03am
        I'm out of the loop... Roheryn Send a private message to Roheryn Jan 4 2013, 10:08am
            Vlog 6 has a brief glimpse of all of Bilbo's belongings outside DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 4 2013, 10:21am
        Bilbo travels halfway across Middle-earth to help evict a dragon that had evicted the dwarves from their home... Bladerunner Send a private message to Bladerunner Jan 5 2013, 12:05am
    Denethors death was good, I thought. flameofudun Send a private message to flameofudun Jan 4 2013, 2:08am
        No, I cannot agree on Denethor. By the way, where is your Balrog icon? AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jan 4 2013, 2:53am
            Looked like? stoutfiles Send a private message to stoutfiles Jan 4 2013, 2:01pm
            Don't blame Shadowfax! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jan 4 2013, 2:12pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.