Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Have you seen TH:AUJ yet?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Have you seen TH:AUJ yet?
Yes, once.
Yes, more than once.
No, but I plan to see it in theatre.
No, but I plan to see it at home, on DVD, etc.
No, and I don't mean to.
View Results (138 votes)

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 7 2013, 4:08am

Post #76 of 96 (1265 views)
Shortcut
Just as I planned it [In reply to] Can't Post

*Dusts off magic wand*
I hope you enjoyed it.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 7 2013, 4:35am

Post #77 of 96 (1277 views)
Shortcut
Seriously though [In reply to] Can't Post

Knowing I had your blessing did make a difference... and you know why that is so. Angelic

My (sort of) review can be read here: Hall of Fire. It's on page 28 of the "HoF Reviews" thread.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Jan 7 2013, 4:36am)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 7 2013, 4:38am

Post #78 of 96 (1264 views)
Shortcut
Cool Donry. [In reply to] Can't Post

I noticed a big AMC theatre out your way... did you see it there, at Empire, Silver City, or somewhere else? What format did you choose?

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 7 2013, 4:48am

Post #79 of 96 (1333 views)
Shortcut
Aw, [In reply to] Can't Post

shucks. Blush
Smile

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2013, 4:08am

Post #80 of 96 (1288 views)
Shortcut
The big AMC [In reply to] Can't Post

has changed now to an Empire. I saw it both times there......I chose both times to avoid the 3D and IMAX. I'm don't need all those big deals that the kids love so much! lol.
I haven't seen an IMAX film in years....but....I'm not that drawn to it. 3D is not my style at all. I am going a third time near the end of the month....I should have a better idea of what I really think by then... I hope! But will probably change when all three are out.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2013, 7:05am

Post #81 of 96 (1245 views)
Shortcut
Oops, sorry! Now that I look at the picture again [In reply to] Can't Post

His expression seems to say, "Yes, I'm secure enough in my masculinity to be surrounded by pink floral print." Cool
So let me say - HE is precious! And looks very well loved. Smile

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 8 2013, 7:37am

Post #82 of 96 (1240 views)
Shortcut
Well [In reply to] Can't Post

he was a bit naughty, sneaking onto the bed without permission and making himself a lovely nest in the pillows.
But I couldn't resist taking a photo before evicting him. Wink

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 8 2013, 7:59am

Post #83 of 96 (1259 views)
Shortcut
I see that you have seen TH since posting this [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad that Starling was able to allay your reservations about the ethical issues, and that you were able to finally see TH. But I admire you for being prepared to forgo something you've been looking forward to for so long had that not been the case. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the issues. I've been a bit of a moral coward; whenever I sensed any controversy in a thread, I just moved on. My thinking was that there was probably no way to know what's true or not, so just moved on. But I guess that's just sticking my head in the sand. Unsure

I kind of understand what you mean about wanting to prove that LOTR related things didn't have a hold over you. When the first two LOTR films came out, I really lost myself in them; they were like a refuge from real life. I felt like I was hiding from my life, or lack thereof, in ME. But when ROTK came out, I was living and teaching in Poland, having the time of my life. I still enjoyed ROTK, but it wasn't an escape, just entertainment. However, I credit LOTR, in part, for motivating me to make that giant change in my life.

As for me missing the theatrical release, I'm used to missing out on the big movie events. (I really don't mean to sound self-pityingTongue) It would have been wonderful to see Middle Earth on the big screen again, but the time between theatrical release and DVD release seems to get shorter and shorter, so I won't have long to wait to see it on the little screen. And then, I can join in on the discussions!!! Smile

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 8 2013, 6:07pm

Post #84 of 96 (1237 views)
Shortcut
Thank you for the thoughtful reply [In reply to] Can't Post

Zara, if it's any consolation, I do not think this is a movie that *has to be seen on the big screen* -- unless you are interested in IMAX etc -- so really it's just a matter of waiting a little while longer, as you say.

... it is still a noble thing you are doing, which of course is the main consolation.

Smile

Annael
Immortal

Jan 8 2013, 9:22pm

Post #85 of 96 (1478 views)
Shortcut
oh honey . . . [In reply to] Can't Post

please please please find a "respite care" worker who can come in for a few hours a week and give you a break. If not you will burn out and be of no use to your dad at all. I'm serious: I know someone who was so stressed by being the only caregiver that she ended up in the hospital - and you can imagine what a crisis that was all around. There are folks who do this kind of thing for a living, and if you are in the US and your dad is over 65, Medicare will pay for it.

Loresilme
Valinor

Jan 10 2013, 1:09am

Post #86 of 96 (1207 views)
Shortcut
Me too, 5 times and [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd also like to see it again. But my family is starting to give me funny looks about it Sly.

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 10 2013, 7:13am

Post #87 of 96 (1202 views)
Shortcut
I will look into it [In reply to] Can't Post

My dad will say he doesn't need a babysitter, but I'll try to find a way around that.

Thank you, Annael, for your concern and advice. Smile

(This post was edited by zarabia on Jan 10 2013, 7:15am)

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 10 2013, 7:15am

Post #88 of 96 (1203 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to you, SirD :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jan 10 2013, 1:04pm

Post #89 of 96 (1206 views)
Shortcut
5 times...unless I have lost count. \\ [In reply to] Can't Post

Hamfast
Rohan

Jan 10 2013, 3:41pm

Post #90 of 96 (1209 views)
Shortcut
HeeHee.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I know what you mean as I mentioned to a co-worker yesterday that I had seen The Hobbit 5 times....I thought he was going to check my temperature to see if I was suffering from fever. Yes....Hobbit fever ! Wink

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 10 2013, 6:58pm

Post #91 of 96 (1213 views)
Shortcut
Thank you everyone [In reply to] Can't Post

Great discussion(s)!

In terms of voter participation, this poll has the highest number of votes of any I remember seeing over the past 4 years. The total number of votes is a nice round 111, a good number of responses with which to genralize/extrapolate.

Again, thank you!

Heart

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Jan 10 2013, 6:59pm)

Vangalad
Lorien

Jan 13 2013, 3:05pm

Post #92 of 96 (1175 views)
Shortcut
Yesterday I had my 4th viewing. [In reply to] Can't Post

It was in 2D, so after seeing the movie in all formats, I can say that my 2nd and 3rd viewings in 48fps are my favourite.
Maybe next week I'll go in one more 48fps screening as this must be the last chance to see it this way.
Smile

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 14 2013, 2:13am

Post #93 of 96 (1186 views)
Shortcut
Saw it again, this time in IMAX 3D [In reply to] Can't Post

not sure if it was HFR though. The CGI looked more realistic for most things (the Great Goblin and the wargs were not noticeably better, though Azog looked much better), though I found if I did not hold my head perfectly still and in a certain position that the image broke quickly.

sador
Half-elven

Jan 16 2013, 7:26am

Post #94 of 96 (1215 views)
Shortcut
Can I change my vote? [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue
I saw it last night, finally. We've conspired for me to take Elboron on the last day of Hannuka as a surprise, unless he misbehaves - which he did. And last week we were snowed in. Well, well.
My main concern was that watching a 3-D film of three hours will strain my unused eyes, and I will be too tired to drive back. But I've managed.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 16 2013, 5:14pm

Post #95 of 96 (1279 views)
Shortcut
Not change, but [In reply to] Can't Post

I think if you log out of your TORn account and then visit the poll you will be allowed to vote as a guest... I was thinking of doing the same thing since my vote has changed twice. (I'm as surprised as anyone.)

Snowed in? You must be in the mountains... This has been a crazy winter. I hope it was as romantic as it sounds.

edit: I just tried it and indeed you can vote again as a guest -- but only once as a guest from the same IP address I think.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Jan 16 2013, 5:18pm)

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Apr 1 2013, 11:09pm

Post #96 of 96 (1438 views)
Shortcut
As of January 4th, i'd seen AUJ only 1 time, [In reply to] Can't Post

though i eventually saw it 2 more times in the theater. Now i have the blu-ray, and i've seen it 4 more times, for a grand total of 7.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.