Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Have you seen TH:AUJ yet?
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Have you seen TH:AUJ yet?
Yes, once.
Yes, more than once.
No, but I plan to see it in theatre.
No, but I plan to see it at home, on DVD, etc.
No, and I don't mean to.
View Results (138 votes)

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 3 2013, 6:38pm

Post #1 of 96 (2890 views)
Shortcut
Have you seen TH:AUJ yet? Can't Post

Here it is, The Hobbit has opened in most (if not all) markets around the globe; in some markets it is into the 4th week of wide release.

So, have you seen it yet? If not, do you plan/hope to?

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 3 2013, 7:48pm

Post #2 of 96 (1906 views)
Shortcut
Yes, once [In reply to] Can't Post

I've not yet seen the HFR, partly because it's 2 hours to the nearest theater with it, and partly because I don't have an overwhelming desire to see it again. I'm thinking if I see it again, it'll only be in 2D here in town, and I'll save HFR for film two.

batik
Tol Eressea

Jan 4 2013, 2:34am

Post #3 of 96 (1924 views)
Shortcut
haHA! at this point.... [In reply to] Can't Post

80% answered ...more than once! What a bunch of geeks! Tongue
Twice for me and had tonight not been its last night at the local theater....it would have been thrice for me come tomorrow. Sigh---Still I am happy that THe Hobbit stayed in our little town for 20 days.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 4 2013, 5:26am

Post #4 of 96 (1918 views)
Shortcut
I'm always amazed by the number of views vs the number of votes [In reply to] Can't Post

I sometimes wonder if people worry they can be tracked by submitting a vote... very strange.

(This post was edited by SirDennisC on Jan 4 2013, 5:28am)

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 4 2013, 5:49am

Post #5 of 96 (1874 views)
Shortcut
I can answer that question [In reply to] Can't Post

I am often interested in the discussion around a poll, but not the poll itself. I hardly ever vote in these, simply because I can't be bothered. Terrible, I know.

I will answer the question though: I've seen it twice. The first time was with all the bells and whistles, the second time in 2D. I loved it both times, but when I go again it will be for the 2D version. I'm not sure if I can articulate exactly why, but I found the 2D a more satisfying experience.

PS: Who is the scary moon-faced dude with grasping little stick arms?

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 4 2013, 6:15am

Post #6 of 96 (1863 views)
Shortcut
{whining} not yet :( [In reply to] Can't Post

I would really, really like to see it on the big screen, whatever format, but I'll probably have to wait for the DVD. But then again, considering what I've read about bird poo in Radagast's hair, etc. maybe the small screen isn't such a bad thing? Tongue

(This post was edited by zarabia on Jan 4 2013, 6:16am)

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 4 2013, 7:02am

Post #7 of 96 (1847 views)
Shortcut
Why, precious? [In reply to] Can't Post

Why must you wait to see Bagginses?

zarabia
Tol Eressea

Jan 4 2013, 7:33am

Post #8 of 96 (1842 views)
Shortcut
Mostly because I'm a worrier :P [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a full-time care giver for my dad who is bed-bound. My dad wouldn't mind me being gone for a few hours to see a movie; I go two or three time a week to run errands and am gone for roughly the same amount of time, but I know if I weren't doing something active, I'd be sitting there worrying.

Starling
Half-elven

Jan 4 2013, 7:40am

Post #9 of 96 (1845 views)
Shortcut
Ah [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I can understand that. It would be hard to immerse yourself in the movie if you were feeling some anxiety about your Dad.
What a lovely thing you are doing. I hope you are getting enough support for yourself. Smile

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 4 2013, 8:12am

Post #10 of 96 (1871 views)
Shortcut
I'm just hitting refreshing SirD [In reply to] Can't Post

To specifically aggrevate you more.

TongueSly

Alcarcalime
Tol Eressea

Jan 4 2013, 10:58am

Post #11 of 96 (1859 views)
Shortcut
Once, so far. [In reply to] Can't Post

We are going today to see it again. We would have seen it again sooner if it hadn't been for the snow. When we were going to see the LOTR movies, we didn't let snow bother us, but then, we were a decade younger!

To answer your other question: I sometimes vote just to see what the vote totals are because I am actually not that interested in the topic.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jan 4 2013, 12:29pm

Post #12 of 96 (1856 views)
Shortcut
Professionals will tell you... [In reply to] Can't Post

(and I have a part-time job doing the patient accounts and office management for some private-practice psychologists, so this is from them)...that the well-being of the mental health of caregivers is of utmost importance to ensure they can most effectively tend to the needs of their charges. Smile

In other words: give yourself a "mental health break" and ask someone to stay with your dad for a few hours while you go see the movie - and afterwards, you can tell him all about it! Cool

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jan 4 2013, 1:16pm

Post #13 of 96 (1842 views)
Shortcut
heeheehee love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not that I'd do anything like that of course WinkLaugh

kiwifan
Rohan

Jan 4 2013, 1:39pm

Post #14 of 96 (1824 views)
Shortcut
You really should go [In reply to] Can't Post

I wholeheartedly agree with what Dernwyn wrote on this head! If he's not in immediate danger of dying suddenly at any moment now, and if you have a trustworthy person to substitute for you for the four hours or so that it will require, you really ought to do this for your own sake. It will do you good and perhaps give you a little boost of positive energy, and that will have a positive effect on your caring for your father.

And never mind the bird poo! There are some things I really don't like at all about this movie, but I've seen it four times so far and always left the cinema with a smile on my face and a feeling of glowing inside. Despite its flaws, the film makes me happy! It's just so enchanting to be back in Middle-earth!

imin
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 1:41pm

Post #15 of 96 (1840 views)
Shortcut
Seen it twice [In reply to] Can't Post

Second experience was far better - down to much better visuals and sound from IMAX and much lowered expectations - well i knew what i was going to see the second time, allowing me to just turn brain off in boring parts and fully engage with the interesting parts.

Have you seen it yet SirD?

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 4 2013, 3:15pm

Post #16 of 96 (1860 views)
Shortcut
well, every time I check the thread for replies and updates on the poll... [In reply to] Can't Post

I up the thread views.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 4 2013, 5:04pm

Post #17 of 96 (1828 views)
Shortcut
How did you get the whistling smiley? // [In reply to] Can't Post

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 4 2013, 5:44pm

Post #18 of 96 (1828 views)
Shortcut
I can't count the number of times [In reply to] Can't Post

on these boards and in RL that I said I was looking forward to seeing it... but no, not yet. Unimpressed

Oiotári
Tol Eressea

Jan 4 2013, 5:55pm

Post #19 of 96 (1805 views)
Shortcut
Thrice thus far [In reply to] Can't Post

At the midnight premiere in 2D
then a couple days later in 3D
then about a week later in 3D HFR

If I see it more times in the theater, it will in all likelihood be in 2D, because I prefer it (though HFR got rid of the blur of close 3D objects that really bothers me)

Sam20
Lorien

Jan 4 2013, 9:14pm

Post #20 of 96 (1791 views)
Shortcut
Hobbit viewing [In reply to] Can't Post

Once so far, but finally I made up my mind for a second viewing this time in 2D. I intend to go on Tuesday where the tickets are sold at lower prices in my local theater. I was not sure about this second viewing, I was thinking that one might be enough but the main reason is to see it in 2D.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Jan 4 2013, 9:15pm)

Hamfast
Rohan

Jan 4 2013, 11:06pm

Post #21 of 96 (1808 views)
Shortcut
5 times.... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I must say that I want to go again. It will be a looong wait for the blu ray release.

SirDennisC
Half-elven

Jan 5 2013, 1:10am

Post #22 of 96 (1785 views)
Shortcut
If I'm not mistaken [In reply to] Can't Post

this is one of few polls that you were actually able to choose one of the options as stated -- apart from polls with "other" as an option. Assuming you voted, of course. Laugh

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 5 2013, 1:41am

Post #23 of 96 (1785 views)
Shortcut
yes, I voted [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen it twice. so... "Yes, more than once."

Magpie
Immortal

Jan 5 2013, 1:42am

Post #24 of 96 (1785 views)
Shortcut
oh, Kel and her emoticons [In reply to] Can't Post

She must have dozens in her personal collection. :-)

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Jan 5 2013, 1:47am

Post #25 of 96 (1793 views)
Shortcut
Heh, I've had that one for years [In reply to] Can't Post

if you want a copy just right-click it Wink

Like Magpie said, I've got heaps of em CoolHeart

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.