Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thranduil and Legolas

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jan 1 2013, 10:37pm

Post #1 of 12 (1544 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil and Legolas Can't Post

Do you think Thranduil will be as good or a better fighter than Legolas?

YaznegSouth40
Rivendell

Jan 1 2013, 10:57pm

Post #2 of 12 (843 views)
Shortcut
I believe ..... [In reply to] Can't Post

that Thranduil is the better overall fighter...whereas Legolas the better archer! What do you think?

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jan 1 2013, 11:08pm

Post #3 of 12 (737 views)
Shortcut
Yeah [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
that Thranduil is the better overall fighter...whereas Legolas the better archer! What do you think?

I think Thranduil will be a great sword fighter and more of a leader (obviously) than Legolas.

Mahtion
Rivendell

Jan 2 2013, 12:16am

Post #4 of 12 (645 views)
Shortcut
Indeed [In reply to] Can't Post

Thranduil fought in the Last Alliance and obviously has much more experience than his son. He was shown in his promo pic having a elvish sword and it makes sense that he will be an accomplished and/or flashy swordsman. Legolas will always be the better archer unless Tauriel bests him or maybe trains him. We could see a less experienced Legolas but could a mere 60 years make much difference to an elf that has lived at least one millennium?

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jan 2 2013, 2:07am

Post #5 of 12 (640 views)
Shortcut
There's supposedly a scene where we see them sparring, so we'll find out... [In reply to] Can't Post

Though it's unknown whether this will simply be practice, or there will be a serious dispute between them (such as that they're both in love with Tauriel).

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Kimtc
Rohan

Jan 2 2013, 2:48am

Post #6 of 12 (576 views)
Shortcut
Didn't PJ promise no Tauriel/Legolas romance? [In reply to] Can't Post

I really hope there isn't one. I hope she's just there for "girl power," not a love story (praying the Kili connection is just him making puppy eyes at her).

In Reply To
Though it's unknown whether this will simply be practice, or there will be a serious dispute between them (such as that they're both in love with Tauriel).

Captain Salt
Tol Eressea

Jan 2 2013, 3:42am

Post #7 of 12 (519 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it was said in jest (as if the Leggy rumors weren't bad enough, now here comes Thrandy as well)! :P // [In reply to] Can't Post

My Top 5 Wish List for "The Hobbit"
5. Legolas will surf down Smaug's neck
4. Bilbo will be revealed to a Robot
3. Naked PJ cameo as Ghan-Buri-Ghan
2. Use of not only 3D, but smell-o-vision, plus the inclusion of axes coming out of the seats and poking the audience when appropriate
1. Not only keep the claim that Thorin & Co. ran amok in Mirkwood "molesting people", but depict said incident in vivid detail!!!!!

Kimtc
Rohan

Jan 2 2013, 4:45am

Post #8 of 12 (539 views)
Shortcut
So does this mean we'll have "Thrandy" moments? [In reply to] Can't Post

Will she skateboard down Smaug's back? Or plug a spider with three arrows while riding it like a bull? All the while casually tossing her elven locks? Fun!

Mahtion
Rivendell

Jan 2 2013, 5:26am

Post #9 of 12 (472 views)
Shortcut
Did you mean Tauriel? [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Will she skateboard down Smaug's back? Or plug a spider with three arrows while riding it like a bull? All the while casually tossing her elven locks? Fun!

Thranduil isn't a she and he's Legolas' father, the Elvenking of greenwood the great.

swordwhale
Tol Eressea

Jan 2 2013, 7:52am

Post #10 of 12 (427 views)
Shortcut
um, what was that??? [In reply to] Can't Post

Crazy... what am I doing here, it's three in the morning...

Oh, Thrandyuil...

I suspect he's got a few centuries on his son, so he'd have some mad skills. And we've got ten years of effects advancement to show those skills on film... digital... HFR.. whatever.

I only hope we seee as much character development and quirkiness with the Mirkwood Elves (my favorite place on Middle Earth) as we did with the awesome company of Dwarves.

Go outside and play...

DanielLB
Immortal

Jan 2 2013, 10:11am

Post #11 of 12 (432 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

He was probably involved in a lot more battles than Legolas. But then again, he is the Elvenking. I can imagine him just sitting on his Elk ordering people about.

Sly

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Kimtc
Rohan

Jan 2 2013, 12:38pm

Post #12 of 12 (334 views)
Shortcut
Ha! I did--brain doesn't work when I post late! [In reply to] Can't Post

I had mentally moved on to Tauriel in a discussion of romantic subplots and started conflating the "T" names. I may have been thinking that he is prettier than she is, too!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.