Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
How did Prof. Tolkien write?

yorkey

Jan 1 2013, 10:06pm

Views: 346
Shortcut
How did Prof. Tolkien write? Can't Post

Did Professor Tolkien write with pen on paper, or did he use a typewriter? Or, did he prefer Microsoft Word 2010?

Just wondering. Considering the sheer magnitude of what he wrote, it must've been incredibly tiring to write with pen and paper.

Subject User Time
How did Prof. Tolkien write? yorkey Send a private message to yorkey Jan 1 2013, 10:06pm
    Generally pen and paper, I think Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jan 1 2013, 10:26pm
    That would depend - geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 1 2013, 10:32pm
        I knew you wouldn't let me down, geordie Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jan 1 2013, 10:41pm
            You're welcome geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 1 2013, 10:45pm
        That was really interesting Starling Send a private message to Starling Jan 2 2013, 12:09am
            You're welcome. What's more - geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 3 2013, 6:37am
        geordie, didn't he write on anything he could get a hold of, silneldor Send a private message to silneldor Jan 2 2013, 1:59am
            I remember reading that, too zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jan 2 2013, 3:28am
            Yes, John Rateliff geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 2 2013, 7:25am
            A bit more - geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 3 2013, 4:02pm
        A window on his world. Ethel Duath Send a private message to Ethel Duath Jan 2 2013, 5:14pm
            I don't know - geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 2 2013, 6:03pm
    Here's that page of Tolkien manuscript - geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 1 2013, 10:47pm
        Depending on where anyone lives, entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jan 1 2013, 10:57pm
            Someday! Someday... *sigh* // grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jan 2 2013, 4:03am
                Me, too. geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 2 2013, 7:27am
                Gramma, you have no excuse entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Jan 2 2013, 5:22pm
            I went there. Rane Send a private message to Rane Jan 3 2013, 2:51am
        There appear to be rust stains SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Jan 2 2013, 1:09am
            the exhibition catalogue geordie Send a private message to geordie Jan 2 2013, 7:21am
                Now that you mention it, a debt is owed SirDennisC Send a private message to SirDennisC Jan 2 2013, 6:55pm
        Oh wow! Love the drawing, too! // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Jan 2 2013, 3:35am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.