Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Action scenes
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Joe-Mathews
Rivendell

Jan 1 2013, 5:20pm

Post #26 of 28 (157 views)
Shortcut
Flashback fighting [In reply to] Can't Post

Don't forget, there is no end to the possible fighting action if you add a flashback or two -- or twelve.

Gandalf faced the Balrog only once, but the Balrog made it into three separate scenes in the movies. (In Moria for 'real', in Frodo's dream, and in Gandalf White's recount to Aragorn Gimli and Legolas.)

'There is some woe that lies upon you... Why will you not tell me more?'
'For that woe is past,' said Galadriel; 'and I would take what joy is here left, untroubled by memory. And maybe there is woe enough yet to come, thought still hope may seem bright.'

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jan 1 2013, 8:19pm

Post #27 of 28 (129 views)
Shortcut
Bolg [In reply to] Can't Post

Guarantee Bolg is still in these movies and still is the cause of Thorin's death. Azog helped add some drama and action to the first movie and he will probably meet his end in DOS. Beorn will still kill Bolg.

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jan 1 2013, 10:27pm

Post #28 of 28 (153 views)
Shortcut
The way I picture it... [In reply to] Can't Post

Azog and Bolg are both present for the Battle of the Five Armies. Azog and his retinue/ bodyguard confront Thorin and co, and begin to fight. Thorin and Azog begin to battle but Fili and Kili intervene, but are ultimately killed. Enraged Thorin presses on (the other dwarves are dealing with Azog's orcs), but ultimately becomes slightly reckless as emotions overwhelm him. Azog mortally wounds him. As he goes in for the kill Dain appears to protect Thorin and decapitates Azog. Dain stops fighting and attempts to tend to Thorin, Bolg arrives, smashes into Dain who is taken by surprise and knocked down. Bolg hears a roar behind him, he turns around to see Beron approaching quickly. Bolg stands his ground only to be krumped very quickly. Beron carries Thorin to safety along with Oin (cause he's a sort of apothecary) who attempts to save him.

Both Dain and Beron can have their moments but Thorin loosing to Azog again could possibly feel like de ja vue. Some might also feel that Thorin needs to have a moment as well rather than being defeated.

That's my 2p.

Yes, my username is terrible.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.