Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I few things I can't remember

Fellow

Dec 30 2012, 12:17pm

Views: 605
Shortcut
I few things I can't remember Can't Post

Hi all,

Only seen it once, and it's such a sensory overload there's a few things i don't remember...Do you know the feeling after just one viewing?

1. Do we see Bilbo becoming aware of the invisibility when wearing the ring? When he watched Gollum in the 'Bilbo's pitty' scene, i thought to myself: Does he even know he is invisible? If so, when did he find out, was there a reaction shot or explanation that i have just totally missed??

2. They don't explain Azogs hunt, right? Whether he is just out for revenge, hired by Necro or whatever is still in the dark, or did I again miss something crucial?

3. The intro. First up the "my dear frodo" stuff, then the Erebor prolouge, then Bilbo starting the (semed a little forced to me) "in a hole in the ground...". Then at some point Frodo enters. That's how it plays out right? I am asking because i simply cannot make this connect logically to FOTR EE, with bilbo's "where to begin...ahh...concerning hobbits"...so maybe there is something I don't remember correctly? Basically: is My dear frodo or Concerning Hobbits the first sentence in his book????

Some of you probably know the film by heart now:-) So feel free to help my memory along....

Fellow
...Going on an adventure...

Subject User Time
I few things I can't remember Fellow Send a private message to Fellow Dec 30 2012, 12:17pm
    I've seen it twice and irodino Send a private message to irodino Dec 30 2012, 12:44pm
        Azog The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Dec 31 2012, 7:46am
            I think it might. I think Gandalf, in the film context, either AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 31 2012, 11:28pm
    Some answers arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Dec 30 2012, 12:48pm
        this is a lot of "maybes". ryouko Send a private message to ryouko Dec 30 2012, 1:45pm
            "the area"? arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Dec 30 2012, 2:22pm
                Still more maybes ryouko Send a private message to ryouko Dec 31 2012, 2:39am
    Concerning Hobbits Mooseboy018 Send a private message to Mooseboy018 Dec 30 2012, 5:40pm
        "Frodo, the door! Sticklebats, where is that boy?" morgul lord Send a private message to morgul lord Dec 31 2012, 12:25am
            The forgetfulness of old age. Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 31 2012, 1:08am
            yeah, I wondered about that too. Nira Send a private message to Nira Dec 31 2012, 1:56am
    If you look closely at invisible-Bilbo when Gollum first misses him N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Dec 31 2012, 7:41am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.