The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Looking for pic

Elranthir

Dec 28 2012, 9:19pm

Post #1 of 6 (369 views)
Shortcut
Looking for pic Can't Post

Hey folks,

I have just signed up to this forum and this is my first post so I hope I'm doing it all correctly. First of all merry Xmas everybody! Cool

The reason for my post is as follows:
I'm looking for a special picture to frame and hang it up at home. I have found a great one in the net but unfortunately it has a very disturbing 3D effect which can not be removed (see attached). It seems to be a production scene from FOTR in the prancing pony.
Has anybody happened to see this scene in 2D anywhere in the net? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!Smile
Elranthir
Attachments: Hobbits.png (33.3 KB)

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 28 2012, 9:38pm

Post #2 of 6 (298 views)
Shortcut
do you have a larger image? [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't tell much from that image. Are you sure it's the Prancing Pony and not the Green Dragon, for example?

Who is the fifth person in the photo?

If you are going to print this yourself, you'll have to find an image three times larger than the size you want to print it and, for the best results, use photo editing software to set it to 300 dpi without resizing it.

If you print an image from the web, as is, you will not get good results.

You might take a look at this image:
http://www.framecaplib.com/...es/rotk/rotk2438.htm

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Elranthir

Dec 29 2012, 1:01am

Post #3 of 6 (314 views)
Shortcut
Re: do you have a larger image? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for your quick response.Smile

You are right, this picture seems to have been taken at the Green Dragon at the end of ROTK. The guy in the background is most probably one of the production team.

The original picture is about 4 times larger, I have just reduced the size quick and dirty in order to meet the upload requirements.

I have planned to have the image printed at a gallery nearby so I hope they will do a good job for the money I give them... Wink

Anyway, thank you for the hint, much appreciated.

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 29 2012, 5:05am

Post #4 of 6 (312 views)
Shortcut
They will still need a large image [In reply to] Can't Post

All the money in the world can't make a low rez image look good printed.

If you are looking for one with the production guy, you're probably out of luck.

But if you want just the four hobbits, I'd do a google image search using lots of different search terms. You can set google to search for 'large' images which will weed out small ones.

I did a little searching this morning with a couple of different search terms and wasn't having fantastic luck. Well, I wasn't having any luck. I finally went to the screencap library to find the link I posted because they have 'largish' images. (although the size for print would be one third the size for screen)

At one time, NewLine had their press images online for anyone to access. When WB took over, they made it accessible only by password. I had saved a few images but not a lot and nothing from that scene.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Aruakar
The Shire

Jan 8 2013, 3:42am

Post #5 of 6 (315 views)
Shortcut
3D Picture [In reply to] Can't Post

I remember PJ telling us in one of the V-Logs that he would have shot LotR in 3D if he had had the ability to. But he said they took 3D photos back then, and showed us this picture as an example. So I´m not entirely sure there is an 2D version of this image available to us :-(

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by..."
-- Robert Frost --

Elranthir

Jan 8 2013, 5:01pm

Post #6 of 6 (293 views)
Shortcut
Re: 3D Picture [In reply to] Can't Post

That's exactly the source I have taken the picture from. I just thought / hoped that there might be a 2D version somewhere in the net that I have not thought of or don't have access to respectively.

Maybe I simply send a message to PJ and ask him if he could take a look in his archives. Looks like the most promising option to me... Wink

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.