Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Happy (almost) 2013! It's an (almost) new year's Fiesta!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 28 2012, 4:56pm

Post #1 of 94 (352 views)
Shortcut
Happy (almost) 2013! It's an (almost) new year's Fiesta! Can't Post

Wow! It's the end of 2012 already, and what a 2012 it's been! We've had the opening of the first Hobbit Movie (and the announcement that there are two more to come), the TORn Hobbit special edition magazine, a staff member (MrCere) resident on the set (look for his upcoming reports, as everything he has permission to report on has to do with the next two movies), trailers, conventions, interviews...whew! Better yet, in 2013 we have the next Hobbit movie to look forward to, more conventions, more interviews as well as the upcoming oscar party in L.A. on the night of the Academy Awards: The One Expected Party.

The champagne is flowing freely in the champagne fountain and all libations are on the house today, so grab your favorite and let us know what your plans are for the weekend, for new year's eve and beyond!

*kicks juke bosx* a rousing rendition of "Auld Lang Syne" by Mariah Carey fills the room.

Happy weekend and Happy New Year everyone!! CoolHeartSmile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 28 2012, 5:06pm

Post #2 of 94 (203 views)
Shortcut
Happy (almost) New Year everyone! [In reply to] Can't Post

May it bring you good luck with a new beginnings, and I hope it is filled with peace, joy, health and prosperity to all.

Smile

I am totally ready for 2013. 2012 has been an excellent year (topped off with a brilliant Middle-earth film), and now I am counting down the days until I go on my very own adventure.

Happy New Year!

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 28 2012, 5:10pm

Post #3 of 94 (170 views)
Shortcut
Nice sentiments, Daniel [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish you all that too, as well as a wonderful adventure when you walk out your door. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Dec 28 2012, 5:17pm

Post #4 of 94 (178 views)
Shortcut
It's been a great year, indeed! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

A celebratory Winter Usual, please, Altaira; thanks, and I hope you have a great weekend and a great New Year! :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Eventides' Website: ListenUpReviews.com - Rockin' Choices In Entertainment!
"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 28 2012, 5:18pm

Post #5 of 94 (177 views)
Shortcut
An almost happy new year! [In reply to] Can't Post

Does this mean I can have some almost-champagne tonight? Tongue (Seriously---I have some hard cider in the fridge, left over from Christmas.)

Right now, though, I'll just grab a peppermint latte to try and wake myself up. We're actually having winter here in North Texas, with snow on Christmas Day and now a dark, misty, and cold day, zzzzz.... Fortunately I don't have any deadlines, other than self-imposed ones, although I can be a pretty tough boss at times Smile

Tomorrow we're joining a friend who we first met at opening day of The Two Towers, nine years ago, to see The Hobbit again, this time in 3D HFR.

Here's to all the wonderful moments of 2012, and here's to 2013---may it have many, many more happy moments than sad ones!

Hugs to all my TORnsibs HeartEvil

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 28 2012, 5:20pm

Post #6 of 94 (178 views)
Shortcut
The same warm sentiments to you, Daniel [In reply to] Can't Post

And may you stay warm on your upcoming adventure! Here's to 2013 and some excellent adventures for us all Smile

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 28 2012, 5:21pm

Post #7 of 94 (161 views)
Shortcut
You've helped to make it a great year on TORn, Evey [In reply to] Can't Post

Happy new year to you! Smile

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 28 2012, 5:23pm

Post #8 of 94 (169 views)
Shortcut
*pours generous dollop of miruvor into hot chocolate* [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm glad you've had a great 2012, Evey, and I hope 2013 is even better for you and yours! Smile

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 28 2012, 5:27pm

Post #9 of 94 (169 views)
Shortcut
Plenty of 'almost' champagne around here [In reply to] Can't Post

It all depends on how good your imagination is, and I suspect yours is right up there with the best of them! Laugh

How very cool that you made a friend at the Two Towers and have kept in touch. Enjoy seeing the movie in 3D HFR. We loved it!

*hugs* SmileHeart

Eledhwen
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 28 2012, 5:27pm

Post #10 of 94 (176 views)
Shortcut
Happy New Year! [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally I'm not sure where the year's gone - I seem to have packed an awful lot into it. Hope everyone enjoys the last few days of 2012, and here's to a wonderful 2013! *Raises glass of champagne*

Storm clouds

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Dec 28 2012, 5:28pm

Post #11 of 94 (155 views)
Shortcut
Oh right, it is Friday [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm more lost than usual as to what day it is over this holiday season! Looking forward to the new year as well. Finally got to take the g'son to see The Hobbit and we both loved it, although he was a little freaked out by Gollum. I'm hoping for a return viewing but there are so many movies out right now that I want to see and I know I will not get to them all, let alone repeat viewings.
The other side of the family is coming over tomorrow so we'll have some more Christmas for a couple of days.

Champagne sounds great, Altaira, thanks!

"There are some things that it is better to begin than to refuse, even though the end may be dark."

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 28 2012, 5:34pm

Post #12 of 94 (160 views)
Shortcut
Yes, it'sbeen a fast and busy year here, too [In reply to] Can't Post

*clicks Eledhwen's glass* Here's to 2013---may the speed and the business be all good! Smile

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 28 2012, 5:35pm

Post #13 of 94 (151 views)
Shortcut
I've lost track of the days this week, too [In reply to] Can't Post

I had to have a serious session with my calendar yesterday to get re-oriented Crazy

Enjoy the movie season, and happy new year! Smile

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Post #14 of 94 (162 views)
Shortcut
Same to you, Eledhwen! [In reply to] Can't Post

2012 did breeze right by, didn't it? Here's to a wonderful 2013 for you! Smile

*clinks glasses*

Ginger
Lorien

Post #15 of 94 (176 views)
Shortcut
Do you still stock hard lemonade? [In reply to] Can't Post

I should be taking care of sending invoices to be paid but looked at the time and thought I'd stop by for a quick drink.

Happy weekend and New Year to all!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 28 2012, 5:38pm

Post #16 of 94 (152 views)
Shortcut
Holiday season bearings can be challenging [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I've forgotten a few holiday season Fiestas. Blush Luckily, my great substitute bartenders always stepped in.

Have a wonderful 'more Christmas' this weekend leading into a wonderful New Year's Eve and 2013!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 28 2012, 5:51pm

Post #17 of 94 (142 views)
Shortcut
For you? Of course, Ginger! [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice of you to stop by, my dear. Something tells me those invoices aren't going anywhere, so taking a few minutes off can't hurt. Wink

Happy, happy new year!!

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 28 2012, 5:57pm

Post #18 of 94 (169 views)
Shortcut
Happy Altaira and all [In reply to] Can't Post

Just got back from dropping son at a ski center in NY for the 1st run of the year for boarding. He is going to be a sore puppy at his track meet tomorrow.Sly

We will see Life of Pi new year's eve.

Cheers!!

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 28 2012, 6:00pm

Post #19 of 94 (148 views)
Shortcut
Happy sil to you too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Lol! LaughWink

Wishing you and your family a nice new year's weekend, sil, and a brilliant 2013! Heart

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Dec 28 2012, 6:04pm

Post #20 of 94 (152 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! :) [In reply to] Can't Post

And a Happy New Year to you as well, Lily! :)

"I stepped out of my body to let God slide in; although I'm still dressed in flesh that I spiritually died in. Alive in Christ a new creation started breathin', Life exists and through this came completion. ... I'm not that person anymore (more!)! That's what blood was shed for! No longer a failure, livin' life more abundantly, therefore you'll never see me livin' less than victory."
John Reuben.

"Desperation, needing You; every last breath I scream for You. Shatter me into a million pieces, make me new. ... Break me, mold me, make me what You want me to be; I am Yours, for You to use, so take and replace me with You."
Family Force 5.

"Under a light in Bethlehem, I was sifting through the sand; the saline burned my eyes, I was looking for Your hand. I gave up on myself, and left my pride disarmed; I cried out 'I'm alone!' and found myself in Your arms. 'Rest in Me, oh, My love; I have loved you before the world began. Rest in Me, oh, My love; you'll never wander too far to reach My hand.'"
Showbread.

Eventides
Tol Eressea

Dec 28 2012, 6:04pm

Post #21 of 94 (150 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I hope the same for you as well! :)

John Reuben.

Family Force 5.

Showbread.

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 28 2012, 6:08pm

Post #22 of 94 (149 views)
Shortcut
Happy new year, sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

A wonderful, healthy, active 2013 to you and yours. Smile

Ginger
Lorien

Dec 28 2012, 6:11pm

Post #23 of 94 (130 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

And unfortunately those invoices and all the other stuff on my desk doesn't seem to be going anywhere else either!

*drops strawberries into tip jar for the champagne*

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 28 2012, 6:12pm

Post #24 of 94 (162 views)
Shortcut
Ooops [In reply to] Can't Post

cranial vapor lockTongue. 2 hours of twisty roads i forgot me coffee to bootUnimpressed...Laugh

Ginger
Lorien

Dec 28 2012, 6:14pm

Post #25 of 94 (145 views)
Shortcut
Happy New Year sil! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure the ski resorts here in New York are happy with the snow we just received (we had a foot overnight on Wednesday).

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.