Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
In which Magpie gives Denny's one more try...

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 27 2012, 7:29pm

Views: 321
Shortcut
In which Magpie gives Denny's one more try... Can't Post

Some of you might remember that I had, in the past, had such poor experiences with Denny's restaurants that I had vowed to never step foot in one again.

The question arose: would I go back on that vow to give the Hobbit meals a try?

Well, my husband had a procedure that require a 24 hour fast and when he was done he wanted breakfast so I suggested Denny's.

I ordered the Hobbit Hole breakfast (I think that's what it was called) and when it came, I asked... hey, am I supposed to get a trading card with this?

The answer was, No... the waitress had never heard of any trading card and no one had ever asked for one.

I responded, uh... yes. There are supposed to be trading cards. Look it up on the internet. But that's okay, I guess.

She said she'd ask her manager and came back with the answer that this location had opted to not get the trading cards to give out. So they'd never had any.

The meal wasn't terrible. It was luke warm and never made me go 'yum'. The bacon was half the width shown in this picture. They were out of ketchup.

The waitress was pleasant and the coffee was hot.

I won't be going back. :-/

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Subject User Time
In which Magpie gives Denny's one more try... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 27 2012, 7:29pm
    That breakfast looks awful - geordie Send a private message to geordie Dec 27 2012, 7:41pm
        I've had awful. Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 27 2012, 8:10pm
    At least the waitress was pleasant Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 27 2012, 7:43pm
        to be fair... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 27 2012, 8:07pm
            To be honest... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 27 2012, 9:24pm
    Denny's has never been my top choice to eat at, Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Dec 27 2012, 8:30pm
        hey... I loved my Burger King toys! Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 27 2012, 9:52pm
            I don't eat at Burger King, but Aragalen the Green Send a private message to Aragalen the Green Dec 27 2012, 10:25pm
            Our Burger king let us buy the toys without the meals. Aunt Dora Baggins Send a private message to Aunt Dora Baggins Dec 28 2012, 12:51am
    No trading cards? dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Dec 28 2012, 1:32am
        french toast with sausage... no Middle-earth name... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 28 2012, 2:20am
    I actually really enjoyed the Hobbit menu.... Randraug Send a private message to Randraug Dec 30 2012, 1:05am
    The Dennys vary hugely in quality... Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jan 1 2013, 7:20pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.