Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
How PJ shrunk The Hobbit

aifeme
Rivendell

Dec 24 2012, 10:04pm

Post #1 of 5 (1221 views)
Shortcut
How PJ shrunk The Hobbit Can't Post

Don't know if it was posted, but...a little vague, but still gives some idea:)
http://fstoppers.com/...m=&utm_campaign=

(This post was edited by aifeme on Dec 24 2012, 10:05pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 24 2012, 10:07pm

Post #2 of 5 (735 views)
Shortcut
I'm not surprised McKellen was upset [In reply to] Can't Post

If it was called the "slave set"!

Very interesting, mind. I found it seamless in the film. Only one or two moments where it was obvious (either CGI, or scale doubles).

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 24 2012, 10:30pm

Post #3 of 5 (593 views)
Shortcut
Those are very interesting diagrams. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for posting the link. I hope they include something like that in the "making-of" docos. I'd read Sir Ian's description of it and his disappointment with the process, and I can understand how isolating it must have felt. After seeing him on stage interacting with other players in a live performance, I imagine that aspect of the shoot couldn't have been enjoyable for him. What a trooper.

ryouko
Lorien

Dec 24 2012, 10:45pm

Post #4 of 5 (535 views)
Shortcut
Really neat! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for sharing the link! I know that PJ mentioned it in his Vlogs, but it's cool to see it laid out so that you can actually see how it's connected. I remember reading about how Ian was rather downcast at being separated from everyone else. But I seem to recall that PJ, seeing how upset Ian was, tried to do the rest of the film shoots with Ian there, so that he didn't feel so isolated.

All in all, excellent acting by all the cast in those scenes. And which scenes were those? I guess the one in Bilbo's house was one such scene (though it's rather hard to tell). What were the other scenes?

tolktolk
Lorien

Dec 24 2012, 11:30pm

Post #5 of 5 (534 views)
Shortcut
Graham Norton Show [In reply to] Can't Post

Martin Freeman gave a simplified description of this process on the Graham Norton TV show (and if you watch the video you will see the show had their own high-tech version!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XWDdctK1yw

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.