Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
What a Dragon thinks about the Movie - "The Hobbit" Part 2 (final post)

tolkienreborn
Bree

Dec 23 2012, 12:48am

Views: 420
Shortcut
What a Dragon thinks about the Movie - "The Hobbit" Part 2 (final post) Can't Post

Well I wrote up a whole thing about it.. but yeah the server for some odd reason crashed - sorry for double posting in advanced. (lost the previous post)
Hopefully this answers all the questions in my first post - Just want to make sure people read my response in full and going into further details.

I wanted to say that first off yes I am a Dragon - but not the way dragons are written in Tolkien books or others.
Guess think of it as a Human looking creature but isn't from your world and that world is different or similar in some ways to earth.

Now regarding why I don't like the hobbit is mostly cause it is mainstream - It shows an "Evil Dragon" and the Hero's Journey is the same plot that you see in most stories. Yes most Books the Dragon is evil.. yes some blame tolkien for being a christian. But I wouldn't hold it against him just yet.
I will explain further.. but first.

Here are some examples of stuff I do enjoy:
a book called
"Dragons at war" by Gordon r dickson
The Bazil broketail series.

An anime movie called "Dragon Century" please look these up and enjoy and let me know what you think if you havn't seen them already.
They arn't your typical stories.

Now regarding the religious text stuff since some people on this forum wanted to get into discussing Tolkien being christian.
Most people who study ancient text religious stuff will understand this.
Eve wasn't the first women created. Plus many other creatures were created by "God" technically before mankind otherwise why would they be in the bible? - That including Dragon, Angels, and Demons.
Now from what i've read - Lilith was the first women created for Adam.
Now I hope some women are reading this very carefully, the reason why adam didn't take her is because Lilith refused to become subservient to Adam.
She then went after an Archangel named Samael - who could take on the form of a Serpent and mated with him.
Samael is also technically the serpent in the Adam and Eve Story.
Course many will argue this was Satan, but for now lets just call it a Serpent or Dragon (Evil) oh yes so evil...for tricking Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, or you can look at it this way. Keep an Open mind beyond this part - unless you wish to eat the blue pill. *Quoting from the movie the matrix*

Now this is what I would have asked Tolkien and I am curious what all you will say to this response.
"What if the snake never told Eve or tempted her?"

Now look at this from an Alien or Artificial viewpoint. If mankind never gained knowledge they would still be stuck in a place considered to be perfection.
But is it really perfection or to some this could be considered Hell.

Cause you see how can you know anything without no knowledge or sense things or understand emotions when there is no death or happyness.
I get into this very much in my book, because I love to study how the Spirit (Soul) takes on different forms.

You see the problem is this... if the Serpent never asked or maybe was trying to help mankind learn the truth.
You would have never been born or free.. Mankind would still be stuck (Trapped) in that Program or Artificial Ball. I like to call it.. cause I don't know to me.
The Garden of Eden sounds like an Artificial Simulation or small place where perfection isn't really what it seems.

Now I would have loved to see Tolkien face or hear what he would have to say to that.

Now regarding a True Story -

Once upon a time back in 1952 in Russia there was a Lonely Mountain. Not the type you would think would be in fairy tales.. this mountain was called
"Death Mountain"
Nine experience hikers - went up into this mountain region and had to stay the night because of the strange weather.
10 days went by and the crew never returned. So the Soviet government sent a team to find them. But what the investigators found was unlike anything they have found before.
The Soviet investigators determined only that "a compelling unknown force" had caused the deaths
Access to the area was barred for skiers and other adventurers for three years after the incident.
In my opinion something attacked from either inside or outside the tent, giving the hikers no choice but to flee without the necessary items for survival (boots clothing even their skis which would have allowed for a faster escape. Most the hikers seem to have ran into the cold snow with socks on or bare feet. The bodies were discovered near a large cedar remnants of a fire nearby, Three attempting to return to camp (no doubt for clothing to stem hypothermia and gain a real chance of escape) while four moved down a stream toward civilization (found some months later) The three attempting to return to camp suffered injuries that were not explainable through any known force, including aging, orange skin, and white hair. The incident remained secret until 1990 and still contains withheld information.
Further information from the cover up seem to indicate the weapon used on the people did not harm the tree's or the snow or ground around the bodies.

Now this incident makes smaug look like a puppy in my opinion. Cause the bodies further description indicated one was missing a tongue the others looked like they were torched by some weapon but like I said, the weapon didn't seem to harm nature only the targets.
No foot prints indicating a creature was running meaning whatever this thing was flying or wasn't touching the ground.

If you wish to look into it please refer to the - "Dyatlov Pass incident."
The Russian Government tried to cover it up but people saw the bodies and the investigators refused to write off fake reports and resigned.

Now do I have your attention? Do you see why I am angry?
I hope I covered both subjects you were arguing about - Religion can be a touchy subject as well as the body (avatar) or the way a creature looks.
Also discussing strange stories which maybe have truth to them after all or even real monsters lurking underground or in the sky.

Frankly I think if the world was filled with people questioning the human flesh and looking beyond it - you wouldn't have racism or other silly discussions.
Plus if everyone looked extremely different - would racism be an issue? Especially if you could understand the person you are hurting or feel the pain you give them?
Now that would make an interesting world I must say..

Anyways back to writing and opening up holes I shouldn't ... follow the white dragon. ;)

Subject User Time
What a Dragon thinks about the Movie - "The Hobbit" Part 2 (final post) tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Dec 23 2012, 12:48am
    Namarie.../// Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Dec 23 2012, 12:57am
    Uh huh Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Dec 23 2012, 1:03am
        Reasons tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Dec 24 2012, 2:35am
            Yes, but Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Dec 27 2012, 1:22am
                Eye of the Beholder tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Dec 27 2012, 11:31pm
                    I have to disagree with you on this point... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Dec 28 2012, 9:53pm
                        not true tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Dec 28 2012, 11:47pm
                    Alice in Wonderland is not a fantasy entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Dec 29 2012, 2:02am
                        They aren't mutually exclusive Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Dec 29 2012, 8:22pm
                        Tolkien's influences are hard to pin down, but they weren't just restricted to medieval sagas squire Send a private message to squire Dec 29 2012, 10:52pm
                        Not true sadly tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Dec 30 2012, 3:48am
                            Why do you come to a Tolkien website to look for non-Tolkien fantasy? Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Dec 30 2012, 9:27am
                                sorry for the confusion tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Jan 1 2013, 8:44am
                                    lots of people have recommended lots of dragon fantasy to you Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Jan 1 2013, 5:42pm
                                        They didn't follow the rules tolkienreborn Send a private message to tolkienreborn Jan 2 2013, 10:44pm
                Actually, all opinions are welcome here entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Dec 28 2012, 2:37am
                    Forgot about this Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Dec 28 2012, 3:43am
                        Any time you think there's a problem entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Dec 28 2012, 6:33pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.