Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Philippa Boyens talk extended edition, film 2 and 3 + more with Collider.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Dec 22 2012, 6:39pm

Views: 2223
Shortcut
Philippa Boyens talk extended edition, film 2 and 3 + more with Collider. Can't Post

http://collider.com/...it-interview/217111/

Some of the more interesting bits:

But I’ve got one personal thing that I love that I wish was in there and you’ll see it, it’s a little thing between Bilbo and Elrond. It’s probably, within the context of the greater whole, the six films; it’s going to work really beautifully when you see Bilbo in Rivendell in Lord of the Rings.

On the length of film 2 and 3 compared to AUJ:

No, I think they’ll be around the same or slightly shorter ideally. It’ll be interesting though, we’ll see. I know from the rough cut of film two that at the moment you could say that it will be shorter.

Subject User Time
Philippa Boyens talk extended edition, film 2 and 3 + more with Collider. Carne Send a private message to Carne Dec 22 2012, 6:39pm
    Shorter films 2 & 3? Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Dec 22 2012, 6:45pm
        The back story and character intros for main characters are accomplished. Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Dec 22 2012, 6:47pm
            There are a slew of new characters, though... Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Dec 22 2012, 6:53pm
        Even if the whole of Mirkwood takes an hour LoremIpsum Send a private message to LoremIpsum Dec 22 2012, 7:00pm
            That's the thing, however... Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Dec 22 2012, 7:05pm
                All the best parts of Mirkwood Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 22 2012, 7:29pm
            Mirkwood will be longer Valandil ed Imladris Send a private message to Valandil ed Imladris Dec 22 2012, 8:02pm
                And where... Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 22 2012, 8:04pm
                    you and Captain Salt are totally right Valandil ed Imladris Send a private message to Valandil ed Imladris Dec 22 2012, 8:33pm
                        hope they... hms_ocean Send a private message to hms_ocean Dec 22 2012, 8:41pm
                It seems likely there will be the bulk of the Necromancer/White Council story in Film 2 Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Dec 22 2012, 8:11pm
    last two films hms_ocean Send a private message to hms_ocean Dec 22 2012, 6:45pm
    What do people think of this? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 22 2012, 6:50pm
        I have no idea but I really missed seeing more Bilbo in Rivendell LoremIpsum Send a private message to LoremIpsum Dec 22 2012, 6:55pm
            This reviewer agrees with you! tolktolk Send a private message to tolktolk Dec 22 2012, 11:20pm
        Gotta be the Narsil scene. But also can't think of what the little thing could be to tie those scenes? // QuackingTroll Send a private message to QuackingTroll Dec 22 2012, 6:57pm
            PJ earlier? hms_ocean Send a private message to hms_ocean Dec 22 2012, 7:02pm
        Wouldn't Narsil be a good point to start a short talk? Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Dec 22 2012, 7:05pm
            Sauron hms_ocean Send a private message to hms_ocean Dec 22 2012, 7:13pm
            That would be perfect! :-) / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 22 2012, 7:47pm
    not possible! Valandil ed Imladris Send a private message to Valandil ed Imladris Dec 22 2012, 7:55pm
    Extended DVD brucewayne Send a private message to brucewayne Dec 22 2012, 8:55pm
        Noticed that... vexx801 Send a private message to vexx801 Dec 22 2012, 10:55pm
    I can see DoS being a similar length as AUJ, with TaBA making it to 3 hours!! sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Dec 22 2012, 11:12pm
    I am so glad that they will put the scene between Bilbo and Elrond namarie Send a private message to namarie Dec 23 2012, 11:31am
        films 2 and 3.......SHORTER?????? TheCoon Send a private message to TheCoon Dec 23 2012, 12:28pm
    I can see the final film possibly being shorter. But the second? What the hell? AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 24 2012, 7:50am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.