Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Finally got my tickets!

aifeme
Rivendell

Dec 22 2012, 12:03am

Post #1 of 18 (483 views)
Shortcut
Finally got my tickets! Can't Post

In six days, I will see The Hobbit:) Well, I've chosen 3D 24fps version, because I wanted to experience that with my siblings and they wanted to watch it on the biggest screen in my country, and Thursday's perfect for themCool Well, I was going to see 48fps version first, but well...WinkNext time 48fps it is.
Did anybody here watch AUJ in that order? How did it worked out? Does anybody regret they didn't see 48fps version first?
I'm asking because I don't really follow this forum recently because of spoilers.

(This post was edited by aifeme on Dec 22 2012, 12:12am)

Dwarvenfury
Lorien

Dec 22 2012, 12:11am

Post #2 of 18 (337 views)
Shortcut
nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you enjoy it!Wink

aifeme
Rivendell

Dec 22 2012, 12:14am

Post #3 of 18 (334 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so excited I can't think straightCool

demanon
Rivendell

Dec 22 2012, 12:34am

Post #4 of 18 (327 views)
Shortcut
Did [In reply to] Can't Post

48fps 3D first then 24fps 2D. I'm seeing it 3rd time this weekend again in 2D. Mabey my fourth time i'll try 48 again.

Jeremy
Rivendell

Dec 22 2012, 1:34am

Post #5 of 18 (313 views)
Shortcut
Kinda [In reply to] Can't Post

I saw 2D 24fps first and then 3D 48fps. I think that was the best order. My 2D theater and experience was definitely worse. The speakers were even quieter in the theater for whatever reason. Maybe theaters don't care about the 2D presentation less these days. So I had a lot to enjoy the second time I saw it.

Bladerunner
Gondor

Dec 22 2012, 3:29am

Post #6 of 18 (310 views)
Shortcut
If you have both options and are planning to see it twice anyway... [In reply to] Can't Post

I would suggest seeing it in 24 fps first, just in case you end up not liking the 48 fps.

By happenstance, I watched it in 24 fps first and then in 48 fps.
I enjoyed both; however, 24 fps does not do Erebor justice....

Brandybuckled
Lorien

Dec 22 2012, 4:03am

Post #7 of 18 (284 views)
Shortcut
Us too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congrats! We're finally getting to see it tomorrow (3D48fpsHFR+Atmos). Too busy with work to see it earlier, and now we're going to see it with the family of my son's best friend.

We're going to a ritzy new theater (an Arclight) that has comfy fancy assigned seating, so we already know we've got seven seats across the middle towards the front of the theater.

NAArP: Not An Ardent purist since Arda was dented

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 22 2012, 5:03am

Post #8 of 18 (315 views)
Shortcut
I saw 24fps 2d then IMAX 3D [In reply to] Can't Post

and the IMAX 3D was INCREDIBLE! I'm so glad I went, because I normally don't like 3D... but the depth of the film was great in 3D. I have to see it on a regular screen yet, but the 2D 24fps is very very good. There are some details in the 3D that are not as apparent in the 2D, but not enough to spoil anything for me :)

HAVE FUN!

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Bombadil
Half-elven

Dec 22 2012, 5:46am

Post #9 of 18 (287 views)
Shortcut
this second weekend is going to be insane! [In reply to] Can't Post

Word of mouth is going to pack the theaters.
Bomby watched it With HFR & Atmos.. then leisurely walked..in on 24 Frame Surround Sound and it looked like well?...
An Antiquated Archived version?

whitetree
The Shire

Dec 22 2012, 7:11am

Post #10 of 18 (266 views)
Shortcut
I saw it... [In reply to] Can't Post

...in 48 fps. I wanted to see it the way PJ wanted us to see it FIRST. My plan was to check out the 24 fps next, so I could actually compare for myself. But now that I've seen the HFR 3D version, I just want to see it that way again as many times as possible! Magical, beautiful movie...

totoro
Lorien

Dec 22 2012, 7:23am

Post #11 of 18 (277 views)
Shortcut
Saw it 3 times in 3D HFR [In reply to] Can't Post

Second time was best. I seem to have fully adjusted so that the viewing experience was no different the second and third times. I enjoyed in very much the first and third times, though.

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 22 2012, 8:05am

Post #12 of 18 (256 views)
Shortcut
Woop! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you enjoy it!

Sly

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Kendalf
Rohan

Dec 22 2012, 12:40pm

Post #13 of 18 (240 views)
Shortcut
I did [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Next time 48fps it is. Did anybody here watch AUJ in that order? How did it worked out? Does anybody regret they didn't see 48fps version first?
I'm asking because I don't really follow this forum recently because of spoilers.

I saw it in 3D at 24fps twice before going to see it in IMAX 3D at 48fps (I didn't want to be distracted by the shiny new experience first time through)...

...and have to say that that was the perfect way to do it. I'd let the tale affect me first and then allowed the technology to wow me later...

...which it most certainly did. I saw and heard all sorts of things the third time that I hadn't on either of the previous viewings.

PS By most accounts, whether you adjust to HFR and appreciate its clarity seems to be a lottery. I was completely at ease with it within two or three minutes; others here most certainly weren't. Fingers crossed, eh?

"Show...a little more respect...for faerie tales, Riskbreaker."

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 22 2012, 2:30pm

Post #14 of 18 (235 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad you like it :) [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the one (48fps) that I'm having trouble getting to. The closest theatre to have it is a 3-hr drive away *whimper* But I'm determined to visit every format!

gramma's The Hobbit: Unexpected Journey Line Party Report & Review

sample

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

whitetree
The Shire

Dec 22 2012, 7:01pm

Post #15 of 18 (219 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad, too... [In reply to] Can't Post

I was hoping that it wouldn't bother my eyes or anything. I haven't seen anything in 3D (in the modern era) and people had so much to say about the 48 fps...

But there is one theater only 45 minutes away - the only one on the list in Alabama! - so I was determined to see it that way. I'm so glad I did, it was fantastic.

Just thinking about it takes me right back there - I wish I could see it again right now!

Aragalen the Green
Gondor

Dec 22 2012, 8:59pm

Post #16 of 18 (215 views)
Shortcut
Was that a good or bad thing? [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you still enjoy it, or was it too antiquated?

I'm seeing it in 24 FPS on Christmas Day Blush

" Well well!", said a voice. "Just look! Bilbo the hobbit on a pony, my dear! Isn't it delicious!"
"Most astonishing wonderful!"

aifeme
Rivendell

Dec 22 2012, 10:13pm

Post #17 of 18 (209 views)
Shortcut
Thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

I know I willSmile

aifeme
Rivendell

Dec 22 2012, 10:18pm

Post #18 of 18 (231 views)
Shortcut
Yes!:) [In reply to] Can't Post

That was something I wanted to readCool Definitely going with my bro on January.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.