Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
The Two Towers 10th Anniversary!

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 20 2012, 4:57pm

Views: 459
Shortcut
The Two Towers 10th Anniversary! Can't Post

Ok, this thread is a few days late, but I thought we needed it Smile

It's been ten years since this movie first graced us on the silver screen. What were you doing when it came out? What were some of the things that just blew you away the first time, or (inversely) devastated you? Share whatever you'd like to!

I'll start off...

Let's see, I was in the 5th grade. I'd already finished reading the trilogy earlier that year - I began with the Hobbit when I heard about FOTR. Anyway, I was in 5th grade and my teacher decided that the week of the film's wide release she would show us Fellowship over the course of a few afternoons. I think we started on Monday and the movie was coming out on Wednesday. Unfortunately, we didn't finish the film until Friday (I was peeved Wink). But I went with my dad and sister to see TTT on Thursday afternoon after school. It was remarkable! Absolutely loved it. But my dad, who had not seen FOTR, kept bugging me with questions! Laugh I was getting annoyed; I just wanted to soak it all in on my own without distractions, lol.

Ok, so how about the rest of you?? Let's celebrate The Two Towers! Smile

Aiya Eärendil Elenion Ancalima! Hail Eärendil, brightest of stars!

Subject User Time
The Two Towers 10th Anniversary! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 20 2012, 4:57pm
    10 years? Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 20 2012, 5:27pm
        What was the huge controversy? DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 20 2012, 5:41pm
            Faramir being tempted by the Ring Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Dec 20 2012, 5:51pm
                Osgiliath Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 20 2012, 6:00pm
                being tempted and ... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 20 2012, 6:53pm
                    Knocking Golllum around Starling Send a private message to Starling Dec 20 2012, 9:32pm
                    I love your avatar! Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Dec 20 2012, 10:01pm
                        I just added the falling snow to some image I found Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 20 2012, 11:40pm
                            It is real gold, actually. Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Dec 20 2012, 11:48pm
                                I have a few that are off the beaten path Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 21 2012, 12:27am
                                    Neat! Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Dec 21 2012, 1:14am
    Ten years ago, wow gone fast imin Send a private message to imin Dec 20 2012, 6:01pm
    You guys are making me feel old... Kassandros Send a private message to Kassandros Dec 20 2012, 6:14pm
        Poor,Kassandros, Alcarcalime Send a private message to Alcarcalime Dec 20 2012, 7:06pm
    I was in a huge Tolkien crush Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 20 2012, 7:04pm
    10 years ago I was at the height of my LOTR movie fandom Starling Send a private message to Starling Dec 20 2012, 9:31pm
    Was 11 years old macfalk Send a private message to macfalk Dec 20 2012, 9:41pm
    My first TTT viewing was the best cinema experience for me. Kimi Send a private message to Kimi Dec 21 2012, 6:23am
    I was 16 when TTT came out. Jazmine Send a private message to Jazmine Dec 22 2012, 11:26pm
        Oh how horrible! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 23 2012, 2:46am
    I was here and at the movies! :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 23 2012, 1:04pm
        I've been waiting for you, Gramma Starling Send a private message to Starling Dec 23 2012, 8:42pm
        Saw It Opening Night...and Christmas Night... JRandomRohirrim01 Send a private message to JRandomRohirrim01 Dec 30 2012, 11:42pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.