Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
Unused scenes in the LotR Trilogy

revecus
The Shire

Dec 20 2012, 9:48am

Post #1 of 8 (1121 views)
Shortcut
Unused scenes in the LotR Trilogy Can't Post

Hey guys,

I am so SORRY if this has been discussed... and I believe it has...

But wanted to ask... just stumbled upon a photo of Galadriel and Arwen which is an unused scene, right?

Do we know how many unused scenes per movie PJ has shot? And is he ever going to use them in a special edition DVD?

Thank you!!!

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf?... See what?
Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: [smiling] Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: [softly] No... No it isn't.

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 20 2012, 10:45am

Post #2 of 8 (645 views)
Shortcut
Someone might have their own list of deleted scenes ... [In reply to] Can't Post

But this forum has a nice list of scenes that were never used.

If only we could see them!

Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

revecus
The Shire

Dec 20 2012, 10:49am

Post #3 of 8 (490 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Daniel [In reply to] Can't Post

So so so much

I wish we can see them in a Special Edition Anniversary!

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf?... See what?
Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: [smiling] Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: [softly] No... No it isn't.

Magpie
Immortal

Dec 20 2012, 2:55pm

Post #4 of 8 (572 views)
Shortcut
gramma carries a link in her footer to a Photobucket album full of pictures... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that were not in the movie. There are some pictures that were never intended to be in the movie (like Tom B from the Decipher card) but I think it's easy enough to tell what sort each picture is.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Mauricio
Bree

Dec 22 2012, 12:42am

Post #5 of 8 (521 views)
Shortcut
Here´s another scene: [In reply to] Can't Post

I think these are never before grabs from a scene the never saw the light of day:

In the original script for The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, the ginger-haired Faramir has a vision of Frodo's future, should the ring take hold of Frodo's soul. So Elijah Wood had to be done up as Frodo-Gollum. And now, here are the alleged results of that makeup monster.

ENJOY: http://io9.com/...ooked-like-as-gollum

elentari3018
Lorien

Dec 22 2012, 5:37am

Post #6 of 8 (471 views)
Shortcut
Frodo fan here! [In reply to] Can't Post

omg that would've been so cool!!!!
I wish we could've seen that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"By Elbereth and Luthien the fair, you shall have neither the Ring nor me!" ~Frodo

"And then Gandalf arose and bid all men rise, and they rose, and he said: 'Here is a last hail ere the feast endeth. Last but not least. For I name now those who shall not be forgotten and without whose valour nought else that was done would have availed; and I name before you all Frodo of the Shire and Samwise his servant. And the bards and the minstrels should give them new names: Bronwe athan Harthad and Harthad Uluithiad , Endurance beyond Hope and Hope Unquenchable.." ~Gandalf, The End of the Third Age , from The History of Middle Earth series

Rostron2
Gondor

Jan 5 2013, 12:08am

Post #7 of 8 (187 views)
Shortcut
This was the one... [In reply to] Can't Post

I always wondered about:

A line of dialogue during the death of Saruman, in which he reveals that Wormtongue poisoned Théodred, giving further context as to why Wormtongue kills Saruman and Legolas in turn kills Wormtongue

Brad Dourif alluded to this in an interview. I wonder why that didn't make it into the EE at least.

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jan 5 2013, 12:24am

Post #8 of 8 (320 views)
Shortcut
It's talked about in the EE director's commentary [In reply to] Can't Post

Check it out. I can't recall exactly what is said, but i know it's at least referenced.

There's a sad sort of clanging from the clock in the hall and the bells in the steeple, too.
And up in the nursery an absurd little bird is popping out to say coo-coo (coo-coo, coo-coo).

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.