Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
anyone else?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 4:13pm

Post #1 of 35 (584 views)
Shortcut
anyone else? Can't Post

Grow a beard for excitement over these movies? Actually it wasn't for the movies, was more for the ability to not shave my face in the winter. Just a thought though, I did feel quite happy with my facial fuzz whilst watching the bearded boys run around the screen.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 4:15pm

Post #2 of 35 (241 views)
Shortcut
I have about as much ability [In reply to] Can't Post

of growing a beard as a dead whale does. So no, unfortunately I did not. Frown

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

imin
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 4:15pm

Post #3 of 35 (234 views)
Shortcut
I would if i could! [In reply to] Can't Post

FrownFrownFrownFrown

The best i can do is basically a goatee which just looks dumb on me, lol.

If i could i would have rocked a massive gandalf beard, haha.

Kierkegaurdian
The Shire

Dec 19 2012, 4:16pm

Post #4 of 35 (220 views)
Shortcut
I have a nice beard going. [In reply to] Can't Post

Next year I will say it is for the Hobbit, but I didn't plan it this way. Smile

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 19 2012, 4:19pm

Post #5 of 35 (224 views)
Shortcut
I have a Kili beard ... and that's about it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not impressive at all.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2012, 4:20pm

Post #6 of 35 (216 views)
Shortcut
you could not shave your legs [In reply to] Can't Post

just saying not that I could handle being a dwarf since I'm not a fan of hairy women Angelic LOL

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2012, 4:23pm

Post #7 of 35 (212 views)
Shortcut
well after losing all my hair to cancer... [In reply to] Can't Post

no big deal I think I have it beat (fingers crossed)... anywho I'm as smooth as a baby's butt now after years of having a extremely long goatee. Heres to hoping my hair grows back sooner than later Wink

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 4:24pm

Post #8 of 35 (206 views)
Shortcut
hah [In reply to] Can't Post

I grew mine out in November as a part of the Prostate cancer awareness month. Then shaved it, but then was mad at myself for doing that so I let it grow out a again. I must say, this second time it has come in much faster, and thicker. I'm gonna let it go until my wife starts complaining about it. Cool

Azaghâl
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 4:25pm

Post #9 of 35 (208 views)
Shortcut
I did [In reply to] Can't Post

Started roughly 2 monthes before the premiere date, and have just shaven it of, a couple of days ago.
It ended up pretty good actually.

I am looking forward to doing the same thing in a years time. Wink

*Baruk khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!*

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 4:28pm

Post #10 of 35 (209 views)
Shortcut
wishing you health [In reply to] Can't Post

I had only ever seen my grandmother with grey hair or a died version of blonde until she lost her hair during chemo. When it grew back it all came in a beautiful auburn red color, then turned grey again. But seeing her red hair answered the riddle of where my father's red facial hair came from, and now mine I guess.

Elenorflower
Gondor

Dec 19 2012, 4:32pm

Post #11 of 35 (198 views)
Shortcut
well if its any help [In reply to] Can't Post

my 'pits' dont get waxed until Spring. Laugh

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2012, 4:35pm

Post #12 of 35 (188 views)
Shortcut
Just finished chemo [In reply to] Can't Post

how long should it take for me to start growing some hair? I really miss itFrown ohh well being bald is better than being sick or thinking I'm gonna die I guessWink

Arthael
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 4:40pm

Post #13 of 35 (181 views)
Shortcut
Yeah I've got a Kili beard [In reply to] Can't Post

And damn I look good ;) hahaha

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 4:41pm

Post #14 of 35 (177 views)
Shortcut
hmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it depends on what kind of chemo you were on, but pretty quick from those around me that I have seen. You can always take some vitamins that help in hair growth. I know they make them, some of the ladies I know take prenatal vitamins just for their hair and nails. I, however, have no idea what those vitamins would do to a dude. In all seriousness, though I don't actually know you, I am very glad to know you are doing better and on the mend.

imin
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 4:44pm

Post #15 of 35 (173 views)
Shortcut
Really glad to hear you are over the worst [In reply to] Can't Post

That's great news. Smile

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 4:46pm

Post #16 of 35 (174 views)
Shortcut
LOL!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Okay, reading that and using your avatar as my image of you just made me almost spit my coffee acrossed the room. Just something about imagining Kate say those words in her Galadriel voice just got me Shocked

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Dec 19 2012, 4:57pm

Post #17 of 35 (174 views)
Shortcut
I thought about it, but I wasn't brave enough. [In reply to] Can't Post

My daughter and I both have to shave our chins every day. We're not happy about it, but we could have worse problems. If I were living in a vacuum and The Hobbit were the only consideration, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But instead I made this, and wore it to the movie: link My husband and son both have substantial beards, though. When my son was in high school, he won $50 in a beard-growing contest :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Dec 19 2012, 4:58pm)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 5:08pm

Post #18 of 35 (160 views)
Shortcut
I'm not a fan of hairy women either [In reply to] Can't Post

And, fyi I'm a dude, but still can't grow a beard. Smile

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 5:10pm

Post #19 of 35 (160 views)
Shortcut
Are you finished with your chemo, then? [In reply to] Can't Post

ETA - oops, should have finished reading the thread. Glad you're done with the chemo. I've heard it's nasty stuff!

(This post was edited by Ardamírë on Dec 19 2012, 5:11pm)

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 19 2012, 5:40pm

Post #20 of 35 (146 views)
Shortcut
LOVE THE KNITTED BEARD!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm a very hairy individual, so I have never been one to judge anyone on body hair, as long as they are happy with who they are, I'm glad to know them.

I must find a way to get one of those!!

Eowyn of Penns Woods
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 6:35pm

Post #21 of 35 (129 views)
Shortcut
Minor nit-pick: Aunt Dora's bearded hat is mostly crocheted. *Mine* is knitted.;) // [In reply to] Can't Post

NABOUF
Not a TORns*b!
Certified Curmudgeon
Knitting Knerd
NARF: NWtS Chapter Member since June 17,2011

(This post was edited by Eowyn of Penns Woods on Dec 19 2012, 6:36pm)

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Dec 19 2012, 6:38pm

Post #22 of 35 (126 views)
Shortcut
They have something like it for sale on amazon: [In reply to] Can't Post

link. But I was too cheap to buy one, so I made my own. And as EoPW says, mine's crocheted. The one she knitted was a big inspiration for me, though.

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2012, 6:43pm

Post #23 of 35 (124 views)
Shortcut
It sucks [In reply to] Can't Post

I lost like 40lbs, felt sick to my stomach (whats left of it) alot, lost my dang hair LOL I have been better Unsure I pretty much feel ran thru a meat grinder but I'm alive and told should make a full recovery. I just feel naked after having hair and a goatee long enough to braid for several years Wink The dwarves actually made me miss it pretty bad after seeing all that glorious facial hairSmile

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 6:53pm

Post #24 of 35 (134 views)
Shortcut
I'm glad you're doing better! [In reply to] Can't Post

What kind of cancer was it? if you don't mind my asking...

I just graduated from nursing school and my dream is to one day work at the cancer center in town doing radiation and chemo.

Sinister71
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2012, 7:29pm

Post #25 of 35 (117 views)
Shortcut
I don't mind [In reply to] Can't Post

stage 1b stomach cancer, they removed a little less than 1/2 my stomach, after which I had to do the radiation and chemo. Thankfully nothing was found in my lymph nodes.My Dr has a very positive outlook so far. All I know is, I thank god every day we caught it when we did, and that I'm probably going to make a full recovery Smile minus a small part of myself... From what I have been told it could have been much worse.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.