The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Hello hello!

Varda Elentari
The Shire

Feb 17 2007, 11:45pm

Post #1 of 8 (20984 views)
Shortcut
Hello hello! Can't Post

I'm Katherine aka Varda Elentari. I joined TORn somewhere around 5 years ago now, but lately real life has taken over and I've been pretty scarce around the boards, so a lot of the newbies probably don't know me.

I'm originally from the great state of WA, but have been in Columbus OH for the last 8 years getting my undergraduate degree (biology major) and my MD (3 more months!!!) at Ohio State- go bucks!! I'll be doing my residency in internal medicine and then a hematology/oncology fellowship.

I met my future husband Matt (Pukel-man) on TORn close to 5 years ago and we've been married for a year and a half, proof that yes, TORn is indeed a dating service. ;-) We have two dogs- a westie named Henry (seen in my avatar) and a schunauzer named Petri.

I played four years of NCAA D-1 tennis at OSU and in my spare time I still play occasionally. I also like listening to classical music, playing the piano, working out, reading, and spending time with my family.

Here's a picture of Matt and I:

diedye
Grey Havens

Feb 18 2007, 2:52am

Post #2 of 8 (25982 views)
Shortcut
Do I know you?... [In reply to] Can't Post

You look strangely familiar....

Hmmm... oh now I remember.

Funny... didn't recognize you without the shower curtain.

Tongue

Luthien Rising
Lorien

Feb 18 2007, 9:57pm

Post #3 of 8 (20469 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Varda Elentari] Hello hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

That is the best *ever* pic of you two!

Lúthien Rising
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us. / We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Varda Elentari
The Shire

Feb 18 2007, 10:07pm

Post #4 of 8 (25820 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Luthien Rising] Hello hello! [In reply to] Can't Post

Aw! Thanks! I made him take it of us when we were at the zoo.

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Feb 19 2007, 4:33am

Post #5 of 8 (20645 views)
Shortcut
OSU [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm originally from the great state of WA, but have been in Columbus OH for the last 8 years getting my undergraduate degree (biology major) and my MD (3 more months!!!) at Ohio State- go bucks!! I'll be doing my residency in internal medicine and then a hematology/oncology fellowship.

Varda, I never realized you were at OSU. My aunt works there -- financial aid department, I think. It's a big school and I don't expect that you know her, but it's always fun to find real life connections!

Where's Frodo?

Varda Elentari
The Shire

Feb 19 2007, 6:08pm

Post #6 of 8 (25603 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Does she work in Lincoln Tower? I lived there my freshman year of college.

These days I try to avoid the financial aid office because the lines are always astronomical!

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Feb 20 2007, 3:01pm

Post #7 of 8 (18161 views)
Shortcut
I don't know [In reply to] Can't Post

I've never been out there for a visit because it's so far. I'll ask her, though.

Where's Frodo?

Drusilla Darling
Bree

Feb 23 2007, 3:44am

Post #8 of 8 (19508 views)
Shortcut
Hey! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's nice to see a familiar face from sort-of-back-when! I dunno if you remember me, I went by Ayaediran then. I've been away from the boards for awhile and didn't know you guys got married, so a very belated congrats to you both!

The user formerly known as Ayaediran

"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
~ Albus Dumbledore

deviantART -->kinda new at this, more to come I promise!

For even more geekdom: teh geekery (Anyanka_was_framed, at your service!)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.