Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
When will the 'Ultimate Edition' be released?

BornOutOfTheWest
Rivendell

Dec 19 2012, 2:29pm

Post #1 of 14 (1100 views)
Shortcut
When will the 'Ultimate Edition' be released? Can't Post

I have been wondering about this for a while now and I'm wondering when PJ will do this - he's mentioned it a while back now. I really want to see the 'Gil-galad scenes' from the prologue in FOTR and everything else PJ left out of the extended edition...

imin
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 2:59pm

Post #2 of 14 (539 views)
Shortcut
Once all the EE have come out for the hobbit? [In reply to] Can't Post

So you can have one mega box set with 1239876543 hours of extras, lol.

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Dec 19 2012, 3:12pm

Post #3 of 14 (530 views)
Shortcut
not for a long time ! [In reply to] Can't Post

i watched the return of the king trailer earlier, and there is so many little shots that didnt make the final cut, amazing reallly!

"You Tolkien to me?!" - Hobbit de Niro

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 19 2012, 3:15pm

Post #4 of 14 (573 views)
Shortcut
I doubt we'll ever get a full extended edition [In reply to] Can't Post

With as much footage as possible put back in. There'll be a DVD extra where PJ talks about the unused scenes, and why he chose not to use them.

I'd prefer a super-duper extended edition, rather than a DVD extra.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 4:09pm

Post #5 of 14 (485 views)
Shortcut
Yes, please! [In reply to] Can't Post

Give me all the deleted scenes!

"...and his first memory of Middle-earth was the green stone above her breast as she sang above his cradle while Gondolin was still in flower." -Unfinished Tales

LordotRings93
Rohan

Dec 20 2012, 12:22am

Post #6 of 14 (467 views)
Shortcut
Also wondered this [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm really interested in the scene where Faramir has a vision of Frodo turning Gollumesque. Also, the goblin attack on Lorien looked very interesting.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2012, 2:06am

Post #7 of 14 (465 views)
Shortcut
UE [In reply to] Can't Post

Christmas 2014 with an anniversary edition released every year thereafter. Limited release! Buy it while you can! Until next year!

imin
Valinor

Dec 20 2012, 2:29am

Post #8 of 14 (448 views)
Shortcut
yep [In reply to] Can't Post

and why not if they are making money out of it!

I think they will definitely do some kind of 10 year anniversary, 15, 20 etc.

With new never before seen footage for each one.

Mauricio
Bree

Dec 22 2012, 12:46am

Post #9 of 14 (428 views)
Shortcut
Well, this is as close as we'll get, at least for the time being [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm really interested in the scene where Faramir has a vision of Frodo turning Gollumesque. Also, the goblin attack on Lorien looked very interesting.

Not the scene, but here´s a little something especially for you Wink :

http://io9.com/...ooked-like-as-gollum

LordotRings93
Rohan

Dec 22 2012, 3:58pm

Post #10 of 14 (379 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Only say the third picture with Frodo cowering in the corner. Those others look amazing. If only there was footage to be seen, either behind the scenes or otherwise.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Kendalf
Rohan

Dec 22 2012, 8:02pm

Post #11 of 14 (372 views)
Shortcut
Not until 2015 at the earliest [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I have been wondering about this for a while now and I'm wondering when PJ will do this - he's mentioned it a while back now...

I think Christmas 2014 is too early, actually, as the Extended "There and Back Again" would be due about then and WB would be very keen to get fans buying that and then buying the box set at a later date.

So, summer 2015 it is, then...

"Show...a little more respect...for faerie tales, Riskbreaker."

Kendalf
Rohan

Dec 22 2012, 8:09pm

Post #12 of 14 (410 views)
Shortcut
Yep, the scenes will be discrete extras, not integrated [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
There'll be a DVD extra where PJ talks about the unused scenes, and why he chose not to use them

Agreed. There's no way we'll get Extended Extended Editions; for one thing, the very idea of asking Shore to score the films a third time is quite inconceivable.

PS I do hope, though that Jackson uses the Mega-Deluxe box set as an opportunity to re-do the colour-grading of TT and RotK so that they match the preceding four films in the set.

"Show...a little more respect...for faerie tales, Riskbreaker."

Asger
Bree

Dec 26 2012, 9:07am

Post #13 of 14 (337 views)
Shortcut
When The Hobbit EEs has come out, [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ will surely do the LotR in 3D for the cinema and new 3D-EEs for Blu-Ray with lots of new stuff (and even some old stuff cut out). He has to make a living, and what better way than to entertain us perpetually.

"Don't take life seriously, it ain't nohow permanent!" Pogo
www.willy-centret.dk

Kendalf
Rohan

Dec 26 2012, 12:10pm

Post #14 of 14 (415 views)
Shortcut
The EEs may be polished a little, but not extended further... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
PJ will surely do the LotR in 3D for the cinema and new 3D-EEs for Blu-Ray with lots of new stuff (and even some old stuff cut out).

I don't doubt the 2015 Ultra-Mega-Deluxe Box Set Collector's Edition will be available in 3D and will feature some new stuff (eg the now legendary bloopers and some deleted scenes) and maybe even have buffed-up CGI and a new, uniform colour-grading (hopefully!)...

...it's just that I really, strongly doubt it'll feature newly re-extended versions of the movies.

"I have found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.