Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Comments overheard at the TORn Retirement Village

Kelvarhin
Half-elven

Dec 19 2012, 2:31am

Post #1 of 11 (272 views)
Shortcut
Comments overheard at the TORn Retirement Village Can't Post

No, we're not retiring, just a little bit of fun, sparked by a comment Garfeimao made over on Facebook Laugh

We've all reached retirement age (yes I know some of us are already there, or almost Tongue) We're sitting around drooling
reminiscing about the good ol days, what do you think is being said?

*hugs & love*
Kel xHeart

Bag ENZ Home of the Hobbit *with thanks to cameragod ;D*

One by one they faded, and fell into shadow...

One book to rule them all
One book to find them
One book to bring them all
And in TORn bind them
In the land of TORnadoes...where the brilliant play

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Dec 19 2012, 2:50am

Post #2 of 11 (110 views)
Shortcut
"'Toothless bites, mouthless mutters,' eh?! If that's not [In reply to] Can't Post

ageism, I don't know what is, Precious!"

"Right! And what's that about 30 white horses on a red hill? What wrong with just six or seven? Grumblegrumblegrumblegrumble . . . "

AngelicEvil

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 19 2012, 5:27am

Post #3 of 11 (105 views)
Shortcut
Eh, what you say sonny? [In reply to] Can't Post

What til you are of my age, laughing are you wipper snapper, when you find what you used to all night, take you all night to do :-P,,,,,,

Wink

That's what my great uncle in Maine used to say and wink at the same time...at the time i had no idea what he was talking about. ...I still only know of about half of it .Angelic.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Dec 19 2012, 1:06pm

Post #4 of 11 (114 views)
Shortcut
Back when I was your age, we only had ONE Hobbit movie, and we liked it! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 19 2012, 8:57pm

Post #5 of 11 (84 views)
Shortcut
We 'ad to get oop at 11 at night, spend 27-hour day in cinema...// [In reply to] Can't Post

"123456!... password!... password1!... password2!... Gimli, do you know Durin's date of birth? Thanks. 140457!... mithril@!... mithril#!... maltbeer!... qwerty!... Legolas, do your elf eyes see any post-its lying around the base of the cliff?"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 20 2012, 12:16am

Post #6 of 11 (84 views)
Shortcut
Questions that need answering... [In reply to] Can't Post

And answered again, and again, and again.... Bless my beard, my short-term memory sucks eggssessss!!!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 20 2012, 1:40am

Post #7 of 11 (77 views)
Shortcut
Luxury! // [In reply to] Can't Post

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 20 2012, 6:56pm

Post #8 of 11 (71 views)
Shortcut
2D? We used to DREAM of 'aving 2D. [In reply to] Can't Post

We got to watch in 1D, 'alf a frame per second. If we were lucky!

"123456!... password!... password1!... password2!... Gimli, do you know Durin's date of birth? Thanks. 140457!... mithril@!... mithril#!... maltbeer!... qwerty!... Legolas, do your elf eyes see any post-its lying around the base of the cliff?"

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 20 2012, 8:29pm

Post #9 of 11 (74 views)
Shortcut
Oh, we used to dream of 'alf a frame a second. [In reply to] Can't Post

We didn't 'ave film, we 'ad old bits of plastic bag we'd draw Dwarf faces on and 'old up 't light.

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Annael
Half-elven

Dec 20 2012, 10:07pm

Post #10 of 11 (86 views)
Shortcut
plastic bags? we used to dream of havin' plastic bags! [In reply to] Can't Post

we 'ad to draw Dwarf faces on t'other! with charcoal out of t' fire!

The way we imagine our lives is the way we are going to go on living our lives.

- James Hillman, Healing Fiction

NARF and member of Deplorable Cultus since 1967

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Dec 21 2012, 12:36pm

Post #11 of 11 (190 views)
Shortcut
Fire? Well, well, aren't we posh!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.