Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Who in Middle Earth do others identify you with most?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Who in Middle Earth do others identify you with most?
Aragorn
Gandalf (the Grey)
Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Legolas
Boromir
Gimli
Faramir
Gandalf (the White)
Eowyn
Eomer
Gollum
Sauron
The Witchking
Saruman
Someone else...
View Results (51 votes)

Lossefalme
Gondor

Feb 27 2007, 4:34pm

Post #1 of 34 (1897 views)
Shortcut
Who in Middle Earth do others identify you with most? Can't Post

I know that we have discussed this before, but now we have a way to take an actual poll! I guess if no one responds I'll know that no one else cares.

If someone close to you had to choose which character listed you are most like, which would it be? Is it different than the character you percieve yourself as? Are you happy with the character that you embody most?

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 27 2007, 5:51pm

Post #2 of 34 (1479 views)
Shortcut
Pippin!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

He does foolish things, tends to ask the wrong things at the wrong time, has a sense of humor, proves there's much more to him then meets the eye, is loyal and caring. I suppose that sums me up (somewhat). I'm not sure anyone could pick out which character I resemble most (since most around me aren't into the Middle-Earthverse). Evil

Lossefalme
Gondor

Feb 27 2007, 6:00pm

Post #3 of 34 (1462 views)
Shortcut
Mr. Losse says (drumroll, please....) [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn! Weird. I just wouldn't have expected that. I am suprised, but quite pleased as I love Aragorn! I would have thought it would be one of the hobbits - perhaps Frodo?

Lossefalme
Gondor

Feb 27 2007, 6:02pm

Post #4 of 34 (1453 views)
Shortcut
Those aren't bad qualities to have! [In reply to] Can't Post

I just love Pippin and if you have his personality we would probably get along great! Thanks for responding, cahobbit.

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 27 2007, 6:26pm

Post #5 of 34 (1480 views)
Shortcut
You tell me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Good grief - I have no idea.

Probably Pippin (that's how I voted), because while he means well he tends to stick his big furry foot in it, and in the movies at least gives the impression of having no idea what's going on at any given time.

And because I nearly always type "Puppin".

diedye
Grey Havens

Feb 27 2007, 6:35pm

Post #6 of 34 (1458 views)
Shortcut
Now that's a loaded question... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd say most of us have a little of each character in us... but I'd say Gimli would be closest... at least in what people perceive me to be. Now what I actually am inside... well... that's a secret no one knows... and may never know....

SandWitch King
Rohan

Feb 27 2007, 7:34pm

Post #7 of 34 (1448 views)
Shortcut
Uh..................no one [In reply to] Can't Post

I can safely say, nobody has ever compared me or related me to anybody from Middle-earth. Costumers have suggested me to be Lurtz without any make-up, but that doesn't quite count.

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 27 2007, 7:51pm

Post #8 of 34 (1450 views)
Shortcut
Oh please [In reply to] Can't Post

CAhobbit
Rohan

Feb 27 2007, 7:52pm

Post #9 of 34 (1420 views)
Shortcut
Ha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Puppin. Perfect dog name!

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 27 2007, 8:14pm

Post #10 of 34 (1448 views)
Shortcut
Maybe he can be compared to Gollum... [In reply to] Can't Post

Since he's fishing for compliments ... Angelic

greendragon
Sr. Staff

Feb 27 2007, 8:53pm

Post #11 of 34 (1456 views)
Shortcut
Hmm - wouldn't it be easier for us to say who OTHERS resemble? [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't know with whom others would identify me! Er - Gandalf maybe? Not because I'm amazingly wise and magical!! Rather because I'm grumpy, intolerant of fools, liable to snap at people and I work to my own timeframe so I can claim to be 'never late'!! Also I have a flare for the theatrical and a love of making an entrance!

Of course it would be nice to think others saw me as a Goldberry-esque figure - but the reality is nearer my description above!

Interesting question Losse - thanks!

elvenhobbit
Rohan

Feb 27 2007, 9:42pm

Post #12 of 34 (1439 views)
Shortcut
I'm most like... [In reply to] Can't Post

Merry.

Always seen as a prankster and getting into trouble, but also a bit of a protector figure...and one who will be counted among a battle, against the odds.

now, and always,
-e_H-

Patty
Immortal

Feb 27 2007, 10:01pm

Post #13 of 34 (1445 views)
Shortcut
Really, I've no clue who they think I am... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd like to think of myself as a resident of Rivendell, but Arwen wasn't on the list, and I am female--can't be Elrond, even if I did have his wisdom.

SandWitch King
Rohan

Feb 27 2007, 10:08pm

Post #14 of 34 (1457 views)
Shortcut
I ruined my own post [In reply to] Can't Post

The Lurtz self-depracating joke distracted from the real point of my post. Smile

Nobody has ever said, "Ya know, you really remind me of ______________" in Middle-earth. Never once.

Well, now I have been compared to Gollum for fishing, but before that, never. So I am not mocking the question, but I couldn't begin to answer it. Do people really go around saying, "You remind me of Hobbit X" or "wizard D"? Really?

Farawyn
Rohan

Feb 27 2007, 11:53pm

Post #15 of 34 (1421 views)
Shortcut
Eowyn. [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't cook.

Lossefalme
Gondor

Feb 28 2007, 12:14am

Post #16 of 34 (1437 views)
Shortcut
I just called Mr. Losse and asked him. [In reply to] Can't Post

I was just curious and thought it would be fun for other people, too. No biggie.

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 28 2007, 2:19am

Post #17 of 34 (1459 views)
Shortcut
*whispers* [In reply to] Can't Post

I was kidding. Evil (I'll find a use for each of those smilies yet.)

I don't think Losse was thinking that people come up to any of us all the time and says, "Why, you remind me of Meriadoc Brandybuck!" Well, maybe they do to Dom Monaghan. I think the point was more "What do you think people think of you" in terms of LotR.

Or something.

Mar
Gondor

Feb 28 2007, 3:15am

Post #18 of 34 (1430 views)
Shortcut
I like to think of myself as Sam..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Steadfast, trustworthy and down to earth. Whether or not others experience me that way is another matter!
I suppose we prefer to see ourselves in a positive light....

SandWitch King
Rohan

Feb 28 2007, 7:41am

Post #19 of 34 (1479 views)
Shortcut
It is a GREAT topic [In reply to] Can't Post

I just think I am the kid on Sesame Street that is sitting on the stoop in one TV box while another kid is jumping rope, another is on a pogo stick and another is jumping for joy and the music plays, "Which one of these things is not like the other."

I am that kid but in your post. Smile

Lossefalme
Gondor

Mar 1 2007, 12:19am

Post #20 of 34 (1446 views)
Shortcut
Now that's quite an image...especially paired with your avatar! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Shadowfaxfan
Rivendell

Mar 1 2007, 11:46am

Post #21 of 34 (1422 views)
Shortcut
I like the idea and actually suggested some time ago that we send [In reply to] Can't Post

in photo's and have a contest to see who in real life, with no makeovers, resembled a movie character the most but didn't get a reply. I enjoy being reminded of the movie version of Middle Earth by things that I see through out the day. In our youth(1979) my husband and I resembled Arwen and Aragorn. Now days I look more like Gandalf's sister!!! And then there is the White Orchid Tree in the front yard that is in bloom now that reminds me of the White Tree of Gondor!!!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Mar 1 2007, 10:07pm

Post #22 of 34 (1420 views)
Shortcut
When my best friend was going through some rough times [In reply to] Can't Post

she called me her Sam. And she's been Sam to my Frodo when things have been grim for me. I'm certainly hobbitish, being short and portly - just wish I had some of that luxuriantly curly hobbit hair! (Not on the feet, though!!)

AltarielofLothlorien

Mar 1 2007, 10:32pm

Post #23 of 34 (1391 views)
Shortcut
Galadriel [In reply to] Can't Post

Spunkey, rebelious, quiet. I also look like Kate Blanchette!

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 2 2007, 12:18am

Post #24 of 34 (1404 views)
Shortcut
'Most' is the key word [In reply to] Can't Post

Sam i voted for. I believe i am more like him than the others but Gimli and Faramir are close to the heart also. Oh geez, actually it is hard to leave anyone out for one reason or the other.

EcossElf
The Shire

Mar 2 2007, 1:22pm

Post #25 of 34 (1409 views)
Shortcut
Who in ME do I identify with most [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with most people..I am combination of a few characters...but mostly I percieve myself as the Faramir charcter even though he is male...I am complex, deep, emotional, caring, loving, can be hard when I need to be but will torture myself about the hardness, hopefully intelligent, I do think I am more fun loving and optimistic than Faramir so would see a bit of Pippin there too. I can be quite stubborn so Gimli pops into view on occaision but I am also a lover of the wilds and woods and peace so am elven as well...I can be a tempremental so and so too so could be orc-ish at times....oh and stand on me I will bite, so could be Smaug as well...........yep complex is a suitable adjective...Faramir is the one.Blush

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.