Goblins in BOFA

Radagast's Lead Bunny
Rivendell

Dec 17 2012, 10:11pm

Post #1 of 6 (622 views)
Shortcut
Goblins in BOFA Can't Post

I'm under the impression that we won't see the goblins of goblin-town in BOFA

=> They are very pale and seem to not get out from their caves often as they do not seem to try to follow the company out of the caves even at night

=> They do not wear armor nor have weapons, I only saw a bowman but the other ones appeared to fight with their claws, in comparisons goblins of FOTR had armor and weapons

My conclusion is that during BOFA the goblin army will be comprised of the Gundabad orcs and not Goblintown army.

What do you think ?

Shagrat
Gondor

Dec 17 2012, 10:15pm

Post #2 of 6 (308 views)
Shortcut
I think you're right [In reply to] Can't Post

These don't appear to be sufficiently militarized enough to be there. But I would like to see some Moria Orcs alongside the Gundabad ones.

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Dec 17 2012, 11:58pm

Post #3 of 6 (229 views)
Shortcut
I hope you're wrong [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd rather see the force at the Battle of Five Armies be a mix -- Goblin-town warriors as the foot soldiers, Gundabad orcs as the commanders. It would provide more continuity between the movies, rather than Goblin-town being an isolated incident with no further connection to the story.

Yes, they didn't have much by way of armor or weapons but they were on their home turf and didn't need it. I would imagine that if they're marching off to war, they'd suit up with whatever they've managed to steal over the years. The book says the army came from all over the mountains so it would be cool to see Goblin-town, Gundabad, and Moria represented.

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Dec 18 2012, 3:41am

Post #4 of 6 (120 views)
Shortcut
probably a combo [In reply to] Can't Post

of goblins and dul-guldur orcs

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 18 2012, 8:02am

Post #5 of 6 (83 views)
Shortcut
The Goblin/Orc army will likely comprise of every single Orc along the Misty Mountains [In reply to] Can't Post

They won't just come from one location.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

steve2477
The Shire

Dec 18 2012, 7:41pm

Post #6 of 6 (60 views)
Shortcut
Armored Goblins [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be good to see the Goblins from Goblin Town all armored up for the BOFA.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.