Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
Line Party Administration Suggestion/Request

RosieCotton

Dec 16 2012, 10:52pm

Views: 220
Shortcut
Line Party Administration Suggestion/Request Can't Post

Obviously I'm late in posting this, but I'd like to know if there is a way to administer line parties in the same manner we had on the old website where we had a geographic Line Party group and not single events? I was the administrator of the Dallas LoTR Line Party group and we had over 300 members on our list where we could announce activities, contests and events. With the new site I had to recreate my login, which is fine, but we went from 300+ members to 12 just RSVPs for our Hobbit event (in fact, we had MANY more attendees, but that was our official count on our TORN.) I'm sure that that relatively high amount of RSVP's was heavily influenced by my reposting of the TORN event on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Tumblr and Pinterest, so most of those were actually my friends. From what I saw, we tied for the 2nd highest number of RSVPs (12) for a line party with the highest number of RSVPs (30) going to a Hollywood theater event. Those numbers are disheartening. Unsure

In anticipation of the next movie, I've already posted an event and advertised to those in line last Thursday, however the old format still seems the preferable method from an administration standpoint. Our previous mailing list had numerous well-attended pre-movie events (trivia nights, Hobbit dinner, etc) and 3 different premier day events (one for Ft. Worth, one for Dallas mid-night and one for Trilogy-Tuesday) run by a large network of local volunteers. We were able to solicit feedback from locals, send announcements for events, make requests for volunteers and so on. From what I see, I can 'friend' those interested in my Line Party event, but I can't send out group emails to local members or even make requests to be contacted by those wishing to volunteer without publishing my person email or phone number.

Is there any plans to implement this kind of set up before the next movie? I realize that the forums 'could' be used for this purpose, but it seems like there would be less traffic here than for those simply looking for events in their local areas.

Subject User Time
Line Party Administration Suggestion/Request RosieCotton Send a private message to RosieCotton Dec 16 2012, 10:52pm
    although there are a few people here who could convey your suggestions to those who need to hear it... Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 16 2012, 11:02pm
        thanks for the suggestion RosieCotton Send a private message to RosieCotton Dec 16 2012, 11:04pm
            Let us know if you get any response // Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 16 2012, 11:25pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.