Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What impact is this film's reception going to have on the next two films?

Crunchable Birdses
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 10:41pm

Views: 1229
Shortcut
What impact is this film's reception going to have on the next two films? Can't Post

You know the story now. RottenTomatoes is in the 60s; virtually every review (even the good ones) is moaning about the length of the film, (and the 48fps, but I think it's the length that the reviewers hate more than anything).

We are officially through the looking glass people - the unthinkable has happened, and a Peter Jackson Middle-earth film is getting a significant number of bad reviews, mostly whining about the length and/or the pacing, and it's only 2 hours and 40 mins! Less than any of the LotR films!

Does this give Warner Brothers the license to lay down the law? Are we going to get short-changed with the next two films? Will they be only two hours long each? What does this mean for the extra shooting that is scheduled for next year - is it even needed now?

Is this the death of 48fps?

Will this whole sorry situation cast a grey cloud over Peter Jackson's mood for the duration of the trilogy's production?

* crunch *

Subject User Time
What impact is this film's reception going to have on the next two films? Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Dec 13 2012, 10:41pm
    My 2 cents RalphDamiani Send a private message to RalphDamiani Dec 13 2012, 11:02pm
        technology elanesse Send a private message to elanesse Dec 13 2012, 11:58pm
            Glorified, yet, unavoidable RalphDamiani Send a private message to RalphDamiani Dec 14 2012, 1:56pm
    I think the reception that really counts... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Dec 13 2012, 11:15pm
    Almost nothing, one would imagine. Lacrimae Rerum Send a private message to Lacrimae Rerum Dec 13 2012, 11:19pm
    DoS should definitely be tightened up. sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Dec 13 2012, 11:23pm
        WB doesn't care about the critics. Notanelvishname Send a private message to Notanelvishname Dec 13 2012, 11:42pm
    Box office is all that matters Carne Send a private message to Carne Dec 13 2012, 11:40pm
    Such doom and gloom shadowdog Send a private message to shadowdog Dec 13 2012, 11:53pm
        I feel the same redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Dec 14 2012, 12:30am
            Thank you :) Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Dec 14 2012, 1:55am
                hehe redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Dec 14 2012, 2:00am
                Personally i think when the dust settles imin Send a private message to imin Dec 14 2012, 2:02am
                    2 viewings redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Dec 14 2012, 2:46am
                        I loved the movie The Preciousss Send a private message to The Preciousss Dec 14 2012, 7:35am
                            Mhhm redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Dec 14 2012, 11:39am
                                I can think of some things to cut imin Send a private message to imin Dec 14 2012, 11:54am
                                    Yeah I don't disagree redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Dec 14 2012, 12:12pm
                                        Cut out all the dol guldur stuff then :) imin Send a private message to imin Dec 14 2012, 12:44pm
                                            The bits where people stood around and talked were what the critics hated Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Dec 14 2012, 1:00pm
                                                yeah that is the only problem, haha imin Send a private message to imin Dec 14 2012, 1:13pm
                                                    My favourite part was the Bag End stuff too Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Dec 14 2012, 1:23pm
                                                        Good grief redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Dec 14 2012, 1:29pm
                                                            You're comparing... Ereinion Nénharma Send a private message to Ereinion Nénharma Dec 14 2012, 4:23pm
                                            Ahhh redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Dec 14 2012, 1:23pm
    the lengh wasn't the problem elanesse Send a private message to elanesse Dec 14 2012, 12:04am
        Yep morgenstern Send a private message to morgenstern Dec 14 2012, 1:06am
    Hmm well imin Send a private message to imin Dec 14 2012, 12:52am
    I don't think 48 fps will last at all... frodolives Send a private message to frodolives Dec 14 2012, 12:58am
    They may be shorter Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero Dec 14 2012, 9:19am
        wel... TheCoon Send a private message to TheCoon Dec 14 2012, 11:20am
    haven't seen the 48fps yet Valandil ed Imladris Send a private message to Valandil ed Imladris Dec 14 2012, 6:36pm
        Agree Crunchable Birdses Send a private message to Crunchable Birdses Dec 14 2012, 6:47pm
        This is the connective tissue I was talking about in my review DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 14 2012, 7:28pm
            we know of 3 more rivendell scenes already Valandil ed Imladris Send a private message to Valandil ed Imladris Dec 14 2012, 10:32pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.