Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Signed the book contract today!

Malveth
Rivendell

Dec 13 2012, 9:24pm

Post #1 of 11 (261 views)
Shortcut
Signed the book contract today! Can't Post

For those of you who have been following the saga, I signed the contract today for "Carrot Field", the epic sff-f novel I have been working on since 1994, and which has gone through many adventures in the publishing world since then. The publisher is small but the terms are incredibly fair. The book will eventually be available in three formats: Ebook, Hardcover POD (print on demand), and Trade Paperback POD.

It's been a long, long, long, long road, but at last this story (which has been rewritten around 100 times) will be presented to the world. It has certainly made this a very special and extra Merry Christmas, that's for sure!

When the book is available, I will PM everyone who has expressed interest on these Forums.

Kassandros
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 10:14pm

Post #2 of 11 (72 views)
Shortcut
Congrats! [In reply to] Can't Post

What's "sff-f" mean? I'm guessing "science fiction" and "fantasy" account for three of the letters, but not sure of the last.

all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us...

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Dec 13 2012, 10:16pm

Post #3 of 11 (69 views)
Shortcut
Good for you! Well done! // [In reply to] Can't Post

Malveth
Rivendell

Dec 13 2012, 10:23pm

Post #4 of 11 (89 views)
Shortcut
Typo... [In reply to] Can't Post

SF-F (science-fiction/fantasy) :P

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 13 2012, 11:35pm

Post #5 of 11 (113 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a fantastic Chrismas present!

And you have joined a small but doughty group of TORn members who are also published authors. Best of wishes for the book as you send it into the public arena! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 14 2012, 7:53am

Post #6 of 11 (60 views)
Shortcut
Well done [In reply to] Can't Post

That is great news. Smile

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 14 2012, 3:15pm

Post #7 of 11 (67 views)
Shortcut
That's awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Congratulations my friend! I just recently self-published mine as well so I know the feeling...somewhat. I didn't want to wait around on publisher. :-P

"Welcome to Novogard Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide." - Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric

Kimi
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 14 2012, 8:19pm

Post #8 of 11 (36 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations, Malveth! / [In reply to] Can't Post

The Passing of Mistress Rose
My historical novels

Do we find happiness so often that we should turn it off the box when it happens to sit there?

- A Room With a View

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Dec 14 2012, 11:20pm

Post #9 of 11 (36 views)
Shortcut
Many congratualtions! [In reply to] Can't Post

Please do let us know when it's available.SmileSmile

Malveth
Rivendell

Dec 15 2012, 5:49pm

Post #10 of 11 (30 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Everyone... [In reply to] Can't Post

I will definitely let all interested parties know when the book is available!

Your support over the past two years (yes, it's been that long!) has been a real encouragement and deeply appreciated.

Aethelwyne Bolger
Bree

Dec 18 2012, 2:49am

Post #11 of 11 (123 views)
Shortcut
Wow, that's so awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

Many congratulations to you! May it be a tremendous and well-loved success!Laugh

Aethelwyne Bolger. Because Bellawen Bolger and Arianna Greenleaf just aren't me!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.