The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Going to see my old friends—today!

Lil Shire-ling
The Shire

Dec 10 2012, 9:40am

Post #1 of 2 (230 views)
Shortcut
Going to see my old friends—today! Can't Post

It wasn’t all that long ago, it seems, that I, along with the rest of us, was engaged in a promise, a pledge, an assurance, a declaration of sort ... well, a tease... “Next December” is now here, finally... And I have a date with the dwarves later this evening, courtesy of an advanced screening at a local cineplex.

No, not these dwarfs!

Disney (1937) “Snow White And The Seven Dwarfs”

These Dwarves!

Yes, them!
MGM/New Line (2012) “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” Poster Parody (Barukurii/Deviant Art)

I’m not quite sure how or what I’m feeling, really. Kinda numb a bit, I guess. Just like preparing for an exam all you can in full anticipation, then the day eventually arrives... I’m just going to show up early, wait patiently in line, and get through the doors with the crowd when it’s time, then sit back and savor every frame as much as I could... Don’t want to be any more overwhelmed than I already am. It has been almost a decade, after all (unbelievably!), that I haven’t seen my old friends. And most of them will be there.

The trouble with catching an advanced screening, though, is, what do you do next for an encore? What else to see? Especially during the holidays?

Oh, I promise to keep mum afterward. At least until next week or so.

And back again
Rivendell

Dec 10 2012, 6:43pm

Post #2 of 2 (158 views)
Shortcut
Lucky you [In reply to] Can't Post

Enjoy the film and report back, please!

I will go there ... and back again.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.