Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
I'm going HOBBIT CRAZY!!

hobbithobbit

Dec 10 2012, 6:20am

Post #1 of 11 (934 views)
Shortcut
I'm going HOBBIT CRAZY!! Can't Post

Just saw the trailer again during the Skyfall previews. I'm sooooo excited I can't wait til Friday!!

What's everyone else doing leading up to the release? I've been google crazy and came across this auction coming up with some cool, cheap items: https://www.outbid.com/auctions/5395-the-hobbit-hole

Aragorn the Elfstone
Tol Eressea

Dec 10 2012, 6:27am

Post #2 of 11 (579 views)
Shortcut
At the Moment: Being irresponsible with my money... [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so excited for Friday that I just canceled my Amazon.com order of the Hobbit: Art & Design book and traded up for a signed copy off of WETA's official website at almost twice the price! Blush

I'm getting my Special Edition soundtrack in the mail tomorrow, so hopefully that will keep me satisfied until Friday, so I won't spend anymore money! Crazy

Tongue

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Dec 10 2012, 6:29am)

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 10 2012, 8:00am

Post #3 of 11 (512 views)
Shortcut
I'm waiting to get paid! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can only afford 1 ticket at the monment to see the film. Once I'm paid, I'll be going Hobbit crazy too. Wink

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

LordotRings93
Rohan

Dec 10 2012, 4:00pm

Post #4 of 11 (432 views)
Shortcut
Can't wait! [In reply to] Can't Post

Been playing a lot of LOTRO/War in the North to get myself in the Middle-earth mood. Also been spending some money on Hobbit merchandise, like LEGO sets. Although my Walmart STILL doesn't have The Hobbit toys from Bridge Direct in yet....Frown

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Dec 10 2012, 5:53pm

Post #5 of 11 (427 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

For better or worse, I will have seen the film three times by the end of this week!Laugh

"Radagast is, of course, a worthy wizard, a master of shapes and changes of hue, and he has much lore of herbs and beasts, and birds are especially his friends."-Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings.

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 11 2012, 12:29am

Post #6 of 11 (407 views)
Shortcut
I've been preparing for about 3 years! [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least when the movie was green-lit and especially once Peter took over the helm! I've had a little piggy bank that I've put change and about $5 a pay just for my tickets for going to UJ (already saving for films 2&3). I'm quite a gatherer/hoarder... so I've kept my eye open for treasure for months now.

This week... well... I'll admit to having a lot of twitching and spasm-attacks. I'm passing the time getting ready for hosting the line party at 12:01am on December 14th ;) Doing some posting here, etc.

The very neat thing is that when I was at the LotR Marathon last weekend, the theatre manager hunted me down between films to see how I was doing. They still call me "the Lord of the Rings lady". He asked what # of viewings the marathon was, and I told him it made my theatre viewings an average of 60 per film. I told him I wouldn't be doing that many for the Hobbit films because I'm paying off bills for retirement soon (I hope), and because the movies were more expensive to go to now. Then I chuckled and said, "I thought I should ask you if I could get my tickets at a bulk rate." and I laughed. He looked me dead in the eye and said, "I can do that."

"What?"

"Yeah... we can do that. How many viewings were you thinking? Matinee or evenings? Could you pay for them all up front?"

"Uh... Really?"

"Yep. Email me on Monday and we'll figure something out. I can let you know when you come for the movie on Thursday night."

"WOW! REALLY!? OK!!!" :D

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Ziggy Stardust
Gondor

Dec 11 2012, 1:22am

Post #7 of 11 (391 views)
Shortcut
What am I doing up to the release? [In reply to] Can't Post

I have to prepare for an exam, a piano jury and a guitar jury. Crazy That's for tomorrow. After this week though, exams and juries are over, and then The Hobbit is released!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd31wNIONac

Escapist
Gondor

Dec 11 2012, 1:28am

Post #8 of 11 (406 views)
Shortcut
Too much and not enough [In reply to] Can't Post

Road-tripping way too much in the snow-stormy weather

Writing final reports, finishing up projects and passing some torches

Waiting for news

Watching as all my close friends and family make their plans to see the movie - so far I have plans to see it 3 times ... if all goes well

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 11 2012, 11:31am

Post #9 of 11 (409 views)
Shortcut
I can't believe it's about to start in NZ! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Rolfina
Rivendell

Dec 11 2012, 1:48pm

Post #10 of 11 (390 views)
Shortcut
Awesome deal [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally I think they should sell you an "unlimited access" pass. Like... after 25 paid visits, every additional one is free.

HappyHobbitess
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 11:56pm

Post #11 of 11 (495 views)
Shortcut
aww, Gramma! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's so awesome! I love your stories about how the people at that theater recognize and know you. I think they must love having such a devoted fan giving them so much business.

Have a wonderful time tonight!

"Yes, but what about SECOND breakfast?"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.