The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
James Cameron vs. Dan Brown

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 27 2007, 1:04pm

Post #1 of 14 (9374 views)
Shortcut
James Cameron vs. Dan Brown Can't Post

Fight to the death! Which of these two is first to find out if he was right?

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

--J.R.R. Tolkien, Letter #43, to his son Michael

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Feb 27 2007, 3:11pm

Post #2 of 14 (5769 views)
Shortcut
Have to go with Brown [In reply to] Can't Post

on the basis that he didnt make TitanicWink

I meant," said Iplsore bitterly, "what is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."

-- (Terry Pratchett, Sourcery)

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 27 2007, 4:11pm

Post #3 of 14 (5779 views)
Shortcut
Brown [In reply to] Can't Post

Brown proves everything that Cameron thinks he knows is false. Carmeron assumes a fetal position. Brown goes in for the kill.

Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins.

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 27 2007, 4:17pm

Post #4 of 14 (5762 views)
Shortcut
Are you sure? [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean Cameron looks like he's kinda big, while Brown looks like a little girly-man.

I think Cameron would be like

While Brown would be like

Out of the darkness of my life, so much frustrated, I put before you the one great thing to love on earth: the Blessed Sacrament... There you will find romance, glory, honour, fidelity, and the true way of all your loves on earth, and more than that: Death: by the divine paradox, that which ends life, and demands the surrender of all, and yet by the taste (or foretaste) of which alone can what you seek in your earthly relationships (love, faithfulness, joy) be maintained, or take on that complexion of reality, of eternal endurance, which every man's heart desires.

(This post was edited by FingonOfPittsburgh on Feb 27 2007, 4:22pm)

Darkstone
Immortal

Feb 27 2007, 4:35pm

Post #5 of 14 (5743 views)
Shortcut
Yeah. [In reply to] Can't Post

It'd take Brown a while to slap him to death.

Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins.

Aerlinn
Lorien

Feb 27 2007, 4:48pm

Post #6 of 14 (5737 views)
Shortcut
I'd say it'd be a tie [In reply to] Can't Post

In the midst of the fight there would be a mighty rumble of thunder and a bolt of lightning from above, and when the smoke cleared there'd be just a few cinders and someone's sneaker lying off to one side. (There's *always* someone's sneaker lying off to one side.)

So: tie.

TheOneRing.net – where everybody knows your name!
And J.R.R. Tolkien’s middle names… and the name of his publisher’s son … and the name of Aragorn’s great-great-great- grandfather on his mother’s side… and what Frodo’s name almost was…

SandWitch King
Rohan

Feb 27 2007, 5:55pm

Post #7 of 14 (5785 views)
Shortcut
Bwhahahahahaha [In reply to] Can't Post

I think Cameron is aggressive. I tend to sterotype writers as soft, so I am going with the filmmaker.

Once upon a time I was MrCere. I still am but this name is for posting and being part of the community while that one is for official business. 8-)

diedye
Grey Havens

Feb 27 2007, 6:37pm

Post #8 of 14 (5799 views)
Shortcut
Dan Brown... [In reply to] Can't Post

Cameron would never admit he was wrong... even if he is an idiot...

Farawyn
Rohan

Feb 28 2007, 3:58am

Post #9 of 14 (5691 views)
Shortcut
Dan Brown [In reply to] Can't Post

He is saying Jesus may have had a family and that Mary was a disciple.
Cameron is saying that he has Jesus' bones.
Cameron makes a movie with the catchphrase: "I'M KING OF THE JEWS!"
Mel Gibson kills him.
Dan Brown wins.

"I have a perfect horror of words that are not backed up by deeds."
- Theodore Roosevelt, Oyster Bay, NY, July 7, 1915
Snark: The Other White Meat.
Disclaimer: The author of this message does not guarantee correct grammar, spelling or English usage. No responsibility can be accepted for the use of this message as a guide to written English.

Stapper
Lorien

Feb 28 2007, 9:21am

Post #10 of 14 (5729 views)
Shortcut
LOL / [In reply to] Can't Post

Belinda's law: The chance a computer crashes is proportional to the importance of the document you're working on

FOTR:50 links / Samwise's cookbook / TORn birthday calendar / 'Things you never (want to) hear people say' list

Idril Celebrindal
Tol Eressea

Feb 28 2007, 8:04pm

Post #11 of 14 (5719 views)
Shortcut
Stalemate! [In reply to] Can't Post

Unwilling to admit that they've both been taken in by clever forgeries, Dan Brown smacks James Cameron upside the head with a hardback copy of the Da Vinci Code just as Cameron bashes Brown's skull with the supposed sarcophagus of Jesus.

While they're lying dazed on the pavement, both are trampled to death by a mob of crazed fans venerating an image of the Titanic that appeared in a grilled cheese sandwich from the Louvre cafeteria.

With caffeine, all things are possible.

The pity of Bilbo will screw up the fate of many.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 28 2007, 9:26pm

Post #12 of 14 (5838 views)
Shortcut
WINNER! [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Unwilling to admit that they've both been taken in by clever forgeries, Dan Brown smacks James Cameron upside the head with a hardback copy of the Da Vinci Code just as Cameron bashes Brown's skull with the supposed sarcophagus of Jesus.

While they're lying dazed on the pavement, both are trampled to death by a mob of crazed fans venerating an image of the Titanic that appeared in a grilled cheese sandwich from the Louvre cafeteria.

Patty
Immortal

Mar 11 2007, 7:04pm

Post #13 of 14 (9551 views)
Shortcut
Okay, I read that as James Cameron versus James Brown... [In reply to] Can't Post

in that case, I'd say Cameron already won.

Time for new glasses.

Welcome to Rivendell, Patty Baggins

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 2:36pm

Post #14 of 14 (5148 views)
Shortcut
Dan Brown [In reply to] Can't Post

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.