Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Australia has to wait until 26 December (yoiks!)

Elijah B.

Dec 9 2012, 5:28am

Post #1 of 11 (564 views)
Shortcut
Australia has to wait until 26 December (yoiks!) Can't Post

So it turns out that, unlike most of the world, Australia won't get to see the Hobbit until 26 December (Boxing Day). Only Poland and Vietnam have to wait longer for the release.

This rather takes the gloss off a viewing, for me at least; after all the build up and anticipation from the movie promotion I don't feel in much of a hurry anymore to see the movie.

"The man who sets out to carry a cat by its tail learns something that will always be useful and which never will grow dim or doubtful" - Mark Twain.

(This post was edited by Elijah B. on Dec 9 2012, 5:30am)

Metal Slug
Rivendell

Dec 9 2012, 5:33am

Post #2 of 11 (274 views)
Shortcut
That's bad [In reply to] Can't Post

I feel for ya, I find December 14th to have been too late of a date. That is just ridiculous. I understand that international launches must be more difficult, but how hard can it really be? Shocked

Avnar
Lorien

Dec 9 2012, 5:54am

Post #3 of 11 (238 views)
Shortcut
This drives me nuts! [In reply to] Can't Post

They are releasing it on Boxing day for no other reason than money. Boxing day is the biggest day for cinema in Australia...

I am a Police Officer and requested this period for leave (well in advance) which was really hard to get off (due to it being the busiest time of year) when I heard that it would be released on the 14th. I was really looking forward to seeing the film with all my friends...now I will be back at work when it comes out Mad

Bummer!

Spencissimus
Lorien

Dec 9 2012, 6:02am

Post #4 of 11 (225 views)
Shortcut
I'm not too fussed about the extra wait [In reply to] Can't Post

The Boxing Day movie is a big tradition in my family, and I look forward to continuing it this year with the Hobbit. The only downside is missing out on a huge chunk of the first day of the Boxing Day test. This year, however, the Hobbit'll edge out the cricket Tongue

Olessan
Bree

Dec 9 2012, 6:27am

Post #5 of 11 (203 views)
Shortcut
Does the same to me. [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
So it turns out that, unlike most of the world, Australia won't get to see the Hobbit until 26 December (Boxing Day). Only Poland and Vietnam have to wait longer for the release.

This rather takes the gloss off a viewing, for me at least; after all the build up and anticipation from the movie promotion I don't feel in much of a hurry anymore to see the movie.

I was quite angry when I found out how late we'd be getting it; no doubt, it's the fault of Australia's terrible ratings board. There's absolutely no excuse for it to be thirteen days late. Today it's actually more than double the wait everyone else gets.
I talk with some friends in the U.S on a daily basis, and I've managed to convince them to say nothing about the movie for the fortnight difference between premiere days.
(And to add insult to injury, as far as I know there aren't even any midnight showings!)

Joe20
Lorien

Dec 9 2012, 6:39am

Post #6 of 11 (192 views)
Shortcut
I feel you pain. [In reply to] Can't Post

Cricket on boxing day... it's a tradition. But the Hobbit takes precedence Tongue

(This post was edited by Joe20 on Dec 9 2012, 6:40am)

alienorchid
Lorien

Dec 9 2012, 7:34am

Post #7 of 11 (197 views)
Shortcut
That's harsh.. [In reply to] Can't Post

..maybe you should take a trip to NZ, to watch TH and check out some sights! (If only it was that easy!)

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 9 2012, 10:05am

Post #8 of 11 (155 views)
Shortcut
In this day and age ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Why can't films be released on the same day, worldwide? I see no logical reason at all?

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Asy
The Shire

Dec 9 2012, 11:58am

Post #9 of 11 (121 views)
Shortcut
this ^ [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree! I think that when a film is released, each country should have the same release date. It's only fair! Frown That way, people won't get spoiled as easily as well.

Also, If you're on websites such as Tumblr and people from another country have seen The Hobbit earlier than you because they had an earlier release date, its spoiler heaven!

I'm quite grateful that the UK release is December 13th. However, some countries are not so lucky... Unsure

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Dec 9 2012, 3:11pm

Post #10 of 11 (108 views)
Shortcut
Don't forget China. ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Only Poland and Vietnam have to wait longer for the release.

titanium_hobbit
Rohan

Dec 13 2012, 10:21am

Post #11 of 11 (89 views)
Shortcut
it's now getting harder to avoid spoilers [In reply to] Can't Post

I just want to see the movie already!!

Hobbit firster, Book firster.

Have you explored all of TORN's forums?

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.