Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
It's the Friday before The Hobbit opens - welcome to Fiesta Friday!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 7 2012, 9:39pm

Post #76 of 108 (144 views)
Shortcut
Did not doubt it a bit [In reply to] Can't Post

Smile I am surprised how elated i am for you, sporting an ear-to-ear grin. It is a grand achievement indeed
I will raise a glass of wine to you tonight Annael:).

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Dec 7 2012, 9:45pm

Post #77 of 108 (157 views)
Shortcut
I'm up to my eyeballs in final exams. [In reply to] Can't Post

So just a quick hello.

Those of you who know Rocky Mountain National park may be interested in these photos and videos of Moraine Park: http://www.enjoyestespark.com/blog/?p=8036 And here's a map of the burn area, including the part that's contained: map. It finally snowed up there today, so that should help.

The east side of the park has been closed. I'm itching to get up there, but it will have to wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Jazmine
Tol Eressea

Dec 7 2012, 9:47pm

Post #78 of 108 (167 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations Dr! [In reply to] Can't Post

What a fantastic achievement!

Tim
Tol Eressea

Dec 8 2012, 1:02am

Post #79 of 108 (141 views)
Shortcut
Yes by this time next week I'll have it seen it once [In reply to] Can't Post

and if it's as good as I think it is... twice!

Midnight showing in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area at the theater my daughter works at. They just put in a new leather-seats auditorium and I'm gonna see it 3D/HFR. That's right, livin' on the edge. Pour me a milkshake, barkeep!

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: I... am an enchanter.
Arthur: By what name are you known?
Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

T_Meyers
Bree

Dec 8 2012, 1:12am

Post #80 of 108 (137 views)
Shortcut
Hey, TORn'ers... [In reply to] Can't Post

...What's my Friday been like? Well, I've watched TONS of Hobbit footage (mostly several times over), celebrated my 6 year wedding anniversary, and released my first book! Eventful Friday for me ;-)

"Welcome to Novogard – Where lands have been shattered from racial division. Where a powerful government has begun its encroachment onto unwilling societies. Where the magical and the technological collide." - Eric Elmoor and The Gauntlet of Godric

wendy woo
Rivendell

Dec 8 2012, 2:53am

Post #81 of 108 (155 views)
Shortcut
I made it! Too bad I have to serve myself, but I'll take what I can get!! [In reply to] Can't Post

Helping myself to hot cocoa. The weather is wet and cold here and something hot hits the spot! I'm glad to have this weather now instead of last weekend. Last weekend, we spent a good chunk of the day participating in the town Christmas parade. Everybody in the family marched. One kid in band, one kid in Scouts, I chaparoned the Scout and my husband marched along taking pics for the local paper. I bet we looked great!! The weather cooperated, that's for sure (low 60's all day and no rain). The bands sounded great, both junior and senior high, and the Scouts behaved. What a relief to have that over. This weekend I can finally start(!) my holiday shopping and begin my Christmas candy-making for the family (peanut brittle and marshmallow fudge this weekend). Next weekend, I'll make the chocolate caramels. MMMMMmmmm!! Evil

Congrats to all our ToRN sibs who are seeing the culmination of many years of hard work. Best of luck in the future!!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 8 2012, 4:14am

Post #82 of 108 (143 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations, Doctor! [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been a long road for you - but what a glorious destination!

May all your dreams continue to come true! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Dec 8 2012, 6:39am

Post #83 of 108 (126 views)
Shortcut
I'm in the midst of exams myself, [In reply to] Can't Post

and if I'm lucky, I might find my way out to the western parts of Canada this coming summer again. AND if I'm even more lucky, I could find myself isolated somewhere in the wilderness as the Rockies (though I highly doubt it). Tongue

FOTR 10th Anniversary Music Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33xJU3AIwsg

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Dec 8 2012, 6:43am

Post #84 of 108 (130 views)
Shortcut
Just finished [In reply to] Can't Post

a night of hanging out with my brother (talking about the future and other life-provoking thoughts) while watching Pete's King Kong (extended on blu-ray). Just figured I'd drop by TORn for a couple swift words before departing for the next while, as I do have exams to cover before The Hobbit premieres (and plenty of my own writing in between).

Have a good weekend, all! Smile

FOTR 10th Anniversary Music Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33xJU3AIwsg

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 8 2012, 8:11am

Post #85 of 108 (119 views)
Shortcut
Congratulations on your new house! [In reply to] Can't Post

We bought a house not so long ago - having some teething problems (it's a new build, so it's not surprising). I hope your move goes ok in January!

Lovely house as well.Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 8 2012, 8:13am

Post #86 of 108 (124 views)
Shortcut
Pfft! If?! [In reply to] Can't Post

It *will* be good! What are you on about. LaughTongue

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 8 2012, 11:18am

Post #87 of 108 (142 views)
Shortcut
Just received my free RealD cinema glasses in the post! [In reply to] Can't Post

They're not the Dwarven style ones - they're just green with The Hobbit written on them.

Still, for a freebie, I can't complain.

imin
Valinor

Dec 8 2012, 12:11pm

Post #88 of 108 (120 views)
Shortcut
you bought your house?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can remember you saying you moved house, but i cant remember you saying you bought it, holy cow!

To buy a house in the UK at our age is literally incredible! Well done mate! I will join you in home ownership in probs 5 years time haha.

imin
Valinor

Dec 8 2012, 12:14pm

Post #89 of 108 (106 views)
Shortcut
Thank you [In reply to] Can't Post

and well remembered on wondering where i will be going!

I should find out on Jan 9th and will let you guys know on a friday fiesta, just so you can all know where to avoid going, haha!

Hope you have a good weekend Smile

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 8 2012, 12:19pm

Post #90 of 108 (122 views)
Shortcut
We cheated ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Shared ownership is such a massive help. So we didn't buy outright, instead we own a certain percentage of the property.

We had massive problems with our previous landlord. Renting can be great if you get the right price and the right landlord. I imagine renting is quite cheap up north?

imin
Valinor

Dec 8 2012, 12:23pm

Post #91 of 108 (146 views)
Shortcut
Oh i see [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounds like quite a good idea, i have a couple of friends who have done that as well, just to get their foot on the property ladder, renting just seems like such a waste.

Rent in Sheffield is certainly cheaper than London for example but it is still very expensive, especially the student half of the city (which up until the other day i needed to live in), overseas students and southerners pushed up the prices of rented houses!

Up in Cumbria where i plan on moving back to rent is more reasonable - in fact in some parts in really good - i saw advertised a 3 bed semi house, with garage, gardens for only 500 a month! in London that would cost probably 4 times as much!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 8 2012, 7:48pm

Post #92 of 108 (188 views)
Shortcut
What is a semi-house? [In reply to] Can't Post

Is it one that shares an internal wall with a separate dwelling?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

imin
Valinor

Dec 8 2012, 10:32pm

Post #93 of 108 (102 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

like a terrace does but only a semi-detached house only does it on one side as its semi detached, lol.

I should have said semi detached but knew Daniel would know what i was going on about, sorry for confusion!

Starling
Half-elven

Dec 9 2012, 4:43am

Post #94 of 108 (118 views)
Shortcut
I lived in one of those [In reply to] Can't Post

It was fab. Cool

sherlock
Gondor

Dec 9 2012, 2:27pm

Post #95 of 108 (101 views)
Shortcut
Just checked [In reply to] Can't Post

Flixster again but they still don't have the movie times or tickets available. I'm seeing it in 3D Friday afternoon with my best friend. I will see it again in 2D with my granddaughter but I'm not sure when.

Today I'm going to see a local production of A Christmas Carol with my granddaughter. She's already dressed in her new outfit even though we don't leave for hours.

Happy Hobbit watching all!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 10 2012, 12:56am

Post #96 of 108 (92 views)
Shortcut
*heart pitter-pats* [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I DO know what you mean, my friend :) You got me all wound up with that walk through those magical days :D That Ballroom was one of the most magical times I've ever had... and to share it with you and so many in that family photo feels like it was just yesterday. Rekindled fersher :D

Can you believe this!? I'm still pinching myself!

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 10 2012, 1:27am

Post #97 of 108 (87 views)
Shortcut
Reading to the kiddies [In reply to] Can't Post

was something I did with my kids and g'kiddies... and it was great for all of us. I couldn't help my change my voice for different characters. :D

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 10 2012, 1:28am

Post #98 of 108 (75 views)
Shortcut
It's hard to realize [In reply to] Can't Post

it's finally here!! *twitch* :D Hope your weekend has been GREAT!

sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 10 2012, 1:52am

Post #99 of 108 (96 views)
Shortcut
I'm nervous about the 3d & 48fps, too. [In reply to] Can't Post

But we'll know very soon :D

Has it already been a year? Wow...

Time to make some new memories ;)

sample

Unused Scenes

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 10 2012, 2:16am

Post #100 of 108 (83 views)
Shortcut
It's going to be fascinating [In reply to] Can't Post

to see The Hobbit in so many different formats. My first one will be the 24fps, too. I laughed when I saw how many different geeky people you're going to see this with. Then I realzed there's a wonderful common denominator in all of this ;)

I hope you've been having a great weekend!

sample

Unused Scenes

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.