Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
legolas4tauriel

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Dec 6 2012, 6:15pm

Post #1 of 15 (952 views)
Shortcut
legolas4tauriel Can't Post

just got my little 3 year old nephew the bilbo and gollum 2 pack movie toys (he cant say his B's yet so him saying bilbo is quite funny)

but its good to see he has latched onto them so young, must be something inherent about the characters!

Anyway... i noticed tauriel and legolas come as a pair in the toys, also i couldnt work out if the bunch of arrows accessory was actually a bunch of roses lol there probably arrows but got me thinking , could this be a little love thread going through the movies? makes sense now i think about it.. thoughts?

for quickbeam often laughed, he laughed if the sun came out from behind a cloud, he laughed if they came upon a stream or spring:

(This post was edited by jimmyfenn on Dec 6 2012, 6:21pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 6 2012, 6:24pm

Post #2 of 15 (554 views)
Shortcut
Tauriel's love interest is ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Kili, as confirmed a while back now. Unless she is the cheating type, I doubt she is into Legolas as well. Plus, it has nothing to do with the plot. So I hope not!Tongue

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Dec 6 2012, 6:25pm)

Tim
Tol Eressea

Dec 6 2012, 6:26pm

Post #3 of 15 (478 views)
Shortcut
So far the rumors are hot and heavy [In reply to] Can't Post

of it being Fili and Tauriel. Shocked

We'll have to wait a bit to find out, since the don't appear in this first chapter. Bleh.

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: I... am an enchanter.
Arthur: By what name are you known?
Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

KieranDhesi
Bree

Dec 6 2012, 6:27pm

Post #4 of 15 (482 views)
Shortcut
PJ also confirmed no connection with Legolas [In reply to] Can't Post

When he cast he said there would be no connection

http://www.theonering.net/...and-barry-humphries/

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Dec 6 2012, 6:43pm

Post #5 of 15 (431 views)
Shortcut
seriously!! [In reply to] Can't Post

seriously a dwarf and an elf, thats totally screwed up!

it could be all misdirection ..

for quickbeam often laughed, he laughed if the sun came out from behind a cloud, he laughed if they came upon a stream or spring:

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 6 2012, 6:57pm

Post #6 of 15 (403 views)
Shortcut
What about Galadriel and Gimli? [In reply to] Can't Post

I think it's sweet.

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 6 2012, 6:58pm

Post #7 of 15 (383 views)
Shortcut
Fili or Kili? I'm confused now! / [In reply to] Can't Post

Arthael
Lorien

Dec 6 2012, 7:35pm

Post #8 of 15 (376 views)
Shortcut
I thought the rumor was [In reply to] Can't Post

That Kili has a thing for Tauriel. There's no indication if she feels anything back, or that it will be an actual "romance." And even then, wasn't it a comment the actor made possibly in jest? That what I remember when I asked the board about the validity of the rumor a couple months ago. It's still nothing more than a rumor. Not exactly something I want in the Hobbit....but at the same time, when I think about it, it's really not that big of a deal if it shows up. A Gimli/Galadriel crush would be kinda cute, and I'm sure they could get a lot of light-hearted laughs about Kili swooning over her while she remains stoic elf warrior.

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Dec 6 2012, 9:17pm

Post #9 of 15 (285 views)
Shortcut
We have been through this before.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Aidan Turner joked about a romance between Kili and Tauriel...
I don't have the exact quotes, but it was obviously a joke, but I imagine it may have some truth to them. And then I am referring to something similar to Gimli's admiration of Galadriel Smile

Vocalist in the semi-progressive metal band Arctic Eclipse

Tim
Tol Eressea

Dec 6 2012, 9:25pm

Post #10 of 15 (265 views)
Shortcut
Probably Kili not Fili [In reply to] Can't Post

The names are similar.

Arthur: What manner of man are you that can summon up fire without flint or tinder?
Tim: I... am an enchanter.
Arthur: By what name are you known?
Tim: There are some who call me... 'Tim'...?
Arthur: ...greetings, Tim the Enchanter.

Arthael
Lorien

Dec 6 2012, 9:27pm

Post #11 of 15 (250 views)
Shortcut
I know [In reply to] Can't Post

I just said all that. Glad we're all on the same page!

I really hope they can introduce a woman and have her NOT be some one's love interest! Is that so hard to sell? *feminist rant over*

"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go."

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 7 2012, 8:24am

Post #12 of 15 (142 views)
Shortcut
If they are in love [In reply to] Can't Post

Then it does give Kili's death even more of an emotional punch. It could work ... But it's not necessary.

totoro
Lorien

Dec 8 2012, 6:04am

Post #13 of 15 (105 views)
Shortcut
You mean like when the dwarf dies in SW & the Huntsman? nt [In reply to] Can't Post

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 8 2012, 8:42am

Post #14 of 15 (113 views)
Shortcut
I've not seen the film [In reply to] Can't Post

If its cheesy, then I don't want it in. But it might work if done properly.

totoro
Lorien

Dec 9 2012, 7:53pm

Post #15 of 15 (114 views)
Shortcut
Give me a little credit [In reply to] Can't Post

If it was cheesy and full of suckitude, I would have been insulting you. I thought it was just fine for what it was. A dwarf had a crush on a kid way out of his league. She thought it was cute. It made the other dwarves extra sad when he died. I think it would work the same way in TABA. The cheese factor would vary somewhat and I am sure how much one would like it would depend upon their lactose intolerance.

In Reply To
If its cheesy, then I don't want it in. But it might work if done properly.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.