Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD #2, Week of Dec. 3 -- Two minor characters walk into a room...

weaver
Half-elven

Dec 6 2012, 5:03pm

Views: 417
Shortcut
SCOD #2, Week of Dec. 3 -- Two minor characters walk into a room... Can't Post

I thought I'd feature two of the smaller shining stars from the LOTR films in this second post. I could not decide between them, so you get them both!

First, we have Wormtongue:

And then, Gamling:

Questions for you! Pick one, all or just comment at will!

1. Looking at this shot of Brad Douriff (sp?), it strikes me that he could have also done a great job playing Gollum. The guy is so great at being creepy. Are you a Brad fan and what did you think of his interpretation of Wormtongue?

2. Gotta love Wormtongue's lace hankie -- I know they talk about the choice of this costume prop for him somewhere in the commentaries -- anyone recall the specifics?

3.The shot of Gamling is from an EE scene I've rarely watched -- do you recognize it, and did you like this moment between Gamling and his King before they go to Helm's Deep? Gamling seems more challenging of Theoden here...which is kind of an interesting contrast to the later scene where he puts Theoden's armor on him and says he'll follow him anywhere. Are these two scenes meant to be bookend moments? Any comments on them?

4. What details do you notice in the 2nd shot? I like the way Gamling's framed in the doorway like that, and the clarity of the shot, so you can see a lot of the costuming, set and prop intricacies -- it's like Theoden is having to face his heritage and the spirit of his people here or something...like history is judging him, if I can put it that way....

5. Any other thoughts or comments on our two Minor Men of the Hour?

Thanks to all who replied or lurked! Now, you can go back to waiting for The Hobbit! :)

Weaver

Subject User Time
SCOD #2, Week of Dec. 3 -- Two minor characters walk into a room... weaver Send a private message to weaver Dec 6 2012, 5:03pm
    Brad Dourif Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Dec 6 2012, 5:09pm
    Wormtongue as a sort of male Miss Havisham zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Dec 7 2012, 7:47am
    Chucky, Chucky, Chucky..... One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Dec 8 2012, 6:34am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.