Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Colbert out-Tolkiened Boyens???!!!

Stubaan
The Shire

Dec 6 2012, 6:38am

Views: 435
Shortcut
Colbert out-Tolkiened Boyens???!!! Can't Post

Did anyone else watch Tuesdays episode of The Colbert Report? He and Freeman discussed how Colbert won a Tolkien quiz-off against Boyens while visiting the set in New Zealand.

I know Colbert is a fan, but this is astounding. Boyens has a professional career based on Tolkien's work.

I didn't think it was possible for me to like Colbert more than I already do.

Subject User Time
Colbert out-Tolkiened Boyens???!!! Stubaan Send a private message to Stubaan Dec 6 2012, 6:38am
    I don't think a trivia quiz is the best way of testing someone's knowledge of Tolkien ;-) / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 6 2012, 7:55am
    How did Colbert say it? grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 6 2012, 10:24am
        I like when he showed that pic sherlock Send a private message to sherlock Dec 6 2012, 6:09pm
            That was hilarious! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Dec 7 2012, 6:35am
        he said it wrong Stubaan Send a private message to Stubaan Dec 6 2012, 10:40pm
            He does the same with grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 7 2012, 5:58pm
                These names are pronounced differently in lots of other media, as well Magpie Send a private message to Magpie Dec 7 2012, 9:37pm
        :D It must have been geek heaven for him. // zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Dec 7 2012, 6:52am
    It probably depends on the questions FantasyFan Send a private message to FantasyFan Dec 6 2012, 2:00pm
    I can believe it zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Dec 7 2012, 6:48am
        Did you notice... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Dec 7 2012, 6:56am
            No, I didn't zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Dec 7 2012, 7:55am
                It may not... Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Dec 7 2012, 8:06am
                    Map of Mordhattan Tweezers of Thu Send a private message to Tweezers of Thu Dec 7 2012, 1:29pm
                        Thanks for listing all of the landmarks! zarabia Send a private message to zarabia Dec 8 2012, 2:51am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.