Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Staff members of this magnificent site who have seen the movie, come hither and answer our questions. Pretty please!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Dec 8 2012, 12:29am

Post #126 of 129 (360 views)
Shortcut
You say too much {NT} [In reply to] Can't Post

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

MrCere
Sr. Staff

Dec 8 2012, 12:32am

Post #127 of 129 (364 views)
Shortcut
To be more direct [In reply to] Can't Post

No, it doesn't feel as wildly different as "Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull." I happen to think the 2nd Indiana Jones movie doesn't fit either.

Hobbt, considering the source material, meshes better IMHO. It also has built in excuses such as focusing on different races and being from a different era.

I have no choice but to believe in free will.

The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie
The cake is a lie

My blog

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Dec 8 2012, 1:39am

Post #128 of 129 (345 views)
Shortcut
Temple of Doom [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't stand Temple of Doom. Tried to watch it a couple of years ago for the first time since the eighties and could barely make it through the opening musical number. Didn't make it much further thanks to her shrill screaming and that annoying kid. And Crystal Skull is even worse. Didn't make it much past the refrigerator sequence. The Last Crusade is alright, though i was really disappointed when i saw it in the theater when it came out, and i've never felt the need or desire to watch it again.

To write all that is really depressing, because Raiders of the Lost Ark is literally in my top 5 films of all time, and pretty much has been since it came out (still have my stub). People think that George Lucas lost it with the Prequels, or even the Special Editions. He actually lost it in 1984.

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Dec 8 2012, 4:53am

Post #129 of 129 (333 views)
Shortcut
One of the Hobbit Extended Editions - [In reply to] Can't Post

- how does it end - the eagles fly through the night, or do they arrive at the carrock.

First, why did so few believe me when I said this was the end of the movie months ago? Sometimes (only sometimes) I do know what I type about. To be perfectly honest, this isn't clear to me but I do know they landed and I guess it was the carrock. My mind was a whirling at this point so I wasn't focused on that.

- may show the part of the story set in the Eagles' eyrie.

From the makers of 'The Lord of the Rings' comes the sequel to Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy -
'The War in the North, Part I : The Sword in the Tomb'.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.