Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
To those who have seen it...a favor to ask
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Ave Moria
Rivendell

Dec 5 2012, 8:56pm

Post #1 of 56 (1804 views)
Shortcut
To those who have seen it...a favor to ask Can't Post

Could you guys be a little more forthcoming with the spoilers? I think it's pretty clear people have questions and would love them answered. Instead I see one person after the other posting how they were so lucky to see it, etc, but then they won't elaborate. No disrespect intended, but it's pretty clear most people want spoilers here provided a warning is posted, and besides, aside from the deviations, we all know the book, so how spoiled can we really be?

Anyway, it's just getting a little frustrating. It's all well and good for you to decide that we shouldn't be spoiled, but let those that do desire it get their fix.
Otherwise don't bother posting, because frankly it's pretty annoying to keep seeing people post about how amazing it was, and not elaborate. Give us a break, you know why we're here. Because we want to know things about the film, that's the entire point of the forum.

It's a bit like saying to a group of starving people "Hey! I found a juicy cheeseburger over here, and MAN was it delicious!"

"Can we have a taste?"

"No, sorry, I just wanted to tell you how good it was, but I won't describe the flavor or let you have a taste. I'm full though. Just FYI."

:)

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 5 2012, 9:01pm

Post #2 of 56 (799 views)
Shortcut
Haha! [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

Carne
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2012, 9:04pm

Post #3 of 56 (834 views)
Shortcut
Well, I could spoil the very last scene for you if you're interested [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Balrogslunch
The Shire

Dec 5 2012, 9:07pm

Post #4 of 56 (707 views)
Shortcut
its called patience ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

you just have to wait another 9 days or so ;) .......expectation is the most fun part (same for christmas too) :)

Avnar
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:09pm

Post #5 of 56 (723 views)
Shortcut
One thing to keep in mind... [In reply to] Can't Post

Half of the people claiming to see it -haven't.

If I had seen it and people wanted to know things about the film I would answer. I was asking a poster who claimed to have seen the film some questions and the answers I got were nothing that ANYONE who had watched all the trailers, t.v spots and read reviews couldn't have answered... And anyone that was asking specifics just got ignored.

Oh, and if anyone here was going to a "special screening" do you think they wouldn't have got on here beforehand going "I'm going to see the hobbit in 3 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sorry mate -it's the truth.

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 5 2012, 9:09pm

Post #6 of 56 (702 views)
Shortcut
Couldn't hold out, I'm afraid. [In reply to] Can't Post

I had my Christmas dinner last week.

(Happy new year, by the way!)

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 5 2012, 9:12pm

Post #7 of 56 (717 views)
Shortcut
If you want [In reply to] Can't Post

I can tell you about my nightmare involving the Witch-king if you want. I won't skimp on the details. Much better than fake claims. Wink

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 5 2012, 9:13pm

Post #8 of 56 (708 views)
Shortcut
Anyone remember that guy Marty? [In reply to] Can't Post

Back in 2003 there was a guy called Marty who posted in certain forums (possibly not this one) answering a deluge of questions about The Return of the King with concise but accurate answers.

Where are the Martys this year?

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2012, 9:13pm

Post #9 of 56 (687 views)
Shortcut
until the 12th [In reply to] Can't Post

you can not post spoilers i believe

Glóin the Dark
Rivendell

Dec 5 2012, 9:15pm

Post #10 of 56 (666 views)
Shortcut
In the "subject" lines of posts. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm sure they're allowed in actual posts (at least as long as they're clearly signposted).

Dlanor da Great
Rivendell

Dec 5 2012, 9:17pm

Post #11 of 56 (653 views)
Shortcut
Agreed. Patience is a virtue :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 5 2012, 9:19pm

Post #12 of 56 (641 views)
Shortcut
Correct! Refer to the sticky post about spoilers at the top of the board [In reply to] Can't Post

Nice to know someone reads it. Laugh

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

nobofthepony
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:21pm

Post #13 of 56 (627 views)
Shortcut
LOL...thank you! I couldn't agree more! [In reply to] Can't Post

Some kind soul write us a script from memory.

Or at least give us some particulars! Spoilers help some of us adjust expectations :)

nobofthepony
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:22pm

Post #14 of 56 (626 views)
Shortcut
I remember Marty, may the hair on his toes never fall out // [In reply to] Can't Post

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 5 2012, 9:22pm

Post #15 of 56 (646 views)
Shortcut
There's only been a handful of people who've seen it so far [In reply to] Can't Post

...and all of them have been very forthcoming with answering questions. It might be helpful if you read back a few days instead of looking only at Page 1 of the board. You can also set your display so you can see more than 15 posts at a time on page one. For more information, refer to the "Spoilers and High Board Traffic" sticky post at the top of the board, and welcome! Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

nobofthepony
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:25pm

Post #16 of 56 (654 views)
Shortcut
Could you spoil the first hour? [In reply to] Can't Post

We all know the last scene...but what seems to be getting mixed reviews is the first hour spent in the Shire. I'm sure it must be flashback-heavy...is it really as tedious as some reviews are making it?

Ave Moria
Rivendell

Dec 5 2012, 9:26pm

Post #17 of 56 (609 views)
Shortcut
Wow, Marty! [In reply to] Can't Post

That brings back crazy old memories! I used to post here under another name back then, and I remember this guy!

nobofthepony
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:27pm

Post #18 of 56 (605 views)
Shortcut
What mythical threads do you speak of? [In reply to] Can't Post

Because I've been scouring this site for spoilers for weeks and the most we've gotten is that it is an "awesome/great/killer" movie. Then the details are usually about the frame rate.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2012, 9:28pm

Post #19 of 56 (632 views)
Shortcut
I haven't seen it myself [In reply to] Can't Post

Just been talking to people who have and picked up a few spoilers from them.

I think there's two flashbacks during the first hour.

(This post was edited by Carne on Dec 5 2012, 9:28pm)

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 5 2012, 9:29pm

Post #20 of 56 (638 views)
Shortcut
Ask and you shall receive (link inside) [In reply to] Can't Post

it *just* fell to page two an hour or two ago - that's why it's a really good idea to check back at least a page or two with how fast the board is moving.

Link

nobofthepony
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:30pm

Post #21 of 56 (610 views)
Shortcut
Lol...that was cruel. I thought I was finally going to get an answer! // [In reply to] Can't Post

nobofthepony
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:33pm

Post #22 of 56 (610 views)
Shortcut
sounds like an "awesome" movie, but once the questions started getting asked, he bailed // [In reply to] Can't Post

Avnar
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:34pm

Post #23 of 56 (621 views)
Shortcut
Really? [In reply to] Can't Post

There is nothing in that thread that is specific. Every answer that poster gives I have already heard about as rumor or seen in one of the trailers/t.v spots.

He/she ignores all specific questions. I don't buy it...

Unsure

Altaira
Superuser / Moderator

Dec 5 2012, 9:38pm

Post #24 of 56 (582 views)
Shortcut
?? are we reading the same thread? He/she was here for two hours [In reply to] Can't Post

Did you actually read through the entire thread? He/she stayed on for two hours and answered many people's questions. You can't expect someone to stay up 24 hours a day answering questions, or come back to TORn immediately the next day just because you want them too. Tongue

Avnar
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:41pm

Post #25 of 56 (583 views)
Shortcut
Exactly! [In reply to] Can't Post

How hard would it have been for someone to actually answer the following questions in one short line...

-azog?

-Azanulbizar (sp?)

-talking purse?

-the comedy?

-bolg?

-the nine?

-radagast?

-altered history?

-Thror?

-Thrain? etc etc etc

But instead we get this

"I've see the film!!!!!" -poster claiming to have seen film

"Is Bolg in it?" -poster with question

"Haha -you'll love it!" -poster claiming to have seen film

"Um...er...thanks" -poster with question

Mad

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.