Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
To those who have seen it...a favor to ask

Ave Moria
Rivendell

Dec 5 2012, 8:56pm

Views: 1765
Shortcut
To those who have seen it...a favor to ask Can't Post

Could you guys be a little more forthcoming with the spoilers? I think it's pretty clear people have questions and would love them answered. Instead I see one person after the other posting how they were so lucky to see it, etc, but then they won't elaborate. No disrespect intended, but it's pretty clear most people want spoilers here provided a warning is posted, and besides, aside from the deviations, we all know the book, so how spoiled can we really be?

Anyway, it's just getting a little frustrating. It's all well and good for you to decide that we shouldn't be spoiled, but let those that do desire it get their fix.
Otherwise don't bother posting, because frankly it's pretty annoying to keep seeing people post about how amazing it was, and not elaborate. Give us a break, you know why we're here. Because we want to know things about the film, that's the entire point of the forum.

It's a bit like saying to a group of starving people "Hey! I found a juicy cheeseburger over here, and MAN was it delicious!"

"Can we have a taste?"

"No, sorry, I just wanted to tell you how good it was, but I won't describe the flavor or let you have a taste. I'm full though. Just FYI."

:)

Subject User Time
To those who have seen it...a favor to ask Ave Moria Send a private message to Ave Moria Dec 5 2012, 8:56pm
    Haha! Glóin the Dark Send a private message to Glóin the Dark Dec 5 2012, 9:01pm
    Well, I could spoil the very last scene for you if you're interested Carne Send a private message to Carne Dec 5 2012, 9:04pm
        Could you spoil the first hour? nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:25pm
            I haven't seen it myself Carne Send a private message to Carne Dec 5 2012, 9:28pm
                Lol...that was cruel. I thought I was finally going to get an answer! // nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:30pm
    its called patience ;) Balrogslunch Send a private message to Balrogslunch Dec 5 2012, 9:07pm
        Couldn't hold out, I'm afraid. Glóin the Dark Send a private message to Glóin the Dark Dec 5 2012, 9:09pm
        Agreed. Patience is a virtue :-) Dlanor da Great Send a private message to Dlanor da Great Dec 5 2012, 9:17pm
        Just nine days? Lucky things ;D Olessan Send a private message to Olessan Dec 6 2012, 12:09am
    One thing to keep in mind... Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 9:09pm
    If you want DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 5 2012, 9:12pm
        Did your nightmare have a prologue? How was the first hour...did it drag? Would you say there was ample space for the development of characters? nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:52pm
            No prologue, and the first hour certainly didn't drag! DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 5 2012, 9:55pm
                Thanks, but to keep asking questions would be pathetic. I'm just practicing for getting some real spoilers // nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:59pm
                And the most important question The Prancing Pony Send a private message to The Prancing Pony Dec 5 2012, 10:00pm
        Hey, in your nightmare... Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 9:59pm
    Anyone remember that guy Marty? Glóin the Dark Send a private message to Glóin the Dark Dec 5 2012, 9:13pm
        I remember Marty, may the hair on his toes never fall out // nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:22pm
            Wow, Marty! Ave Moria Send a private message to Ave Moria Dec 5 2012, 9:26pm
                I too have fond memories of Marty posting on that other forum! Foromir Send a private message to Foromir Dec 5 2012, 9:43pm
                    It's a ghost town now! N.T Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 9:45pm
    until the 12th Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Dec 5 2012, 9:13pm
        In the "subject" lines of posts. Glóin the Dark Send a private message to Glóin the Dark Dec 5 2012, 9:15pm
            Correct! Refer to the sticky post about spoilers at the top of the board Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Dec 5 2012, 9:19pm
    LOL...thank you! I couldn't agree more! nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:21pm
    There's only been a handful of people who've seen it so far Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Dec 5 2012, 9:22pm
        What mythical threads do you speak of? nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:27pm
            Ask and you shall receive (link inside) Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Dec 5 2012, 9:29pm
                sounds like an "awesome" movie, but once the questions started getting asked, he bailed // nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:33pm
                    ?? are we reading the same thread? He/she was here for two hours Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Dec 5 2012, 9:38pm
                    Exactly! Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 9:41pm
                        Something tells me that thread was the inspiration for this one! // nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 9:45pm
                        You nailed it! Ave Moria Send a private message to Ave Moria Dec 5 2012, 10:02pm
                        He actually privately messaged the answers to my questions. Username4242 Send a private message to Username4242 Dec 5 2012, 10:06pm
                            What did you ask and what was the answer? Throw us a bone! // nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 10:11pm
                                SPOILERSPOILERSPOILER. Username4242 Send a private message to Username4242 Dec 5 2012, 10:13pm
                                    I'll answer your other question... Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 10:16pm
                            I've seen the film. Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 10:12pm
                                Will Howard Shore be returning to score the film? // nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 10:20pm
                                    Howard Shore? Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 10:25pm
                                Easy questions Glóin the Dark Send a private message to Glóin the Dark Dec 5 2012, 10:30pm
                                    No problem! Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 10:39pm
                                        Wow! You're good! nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 10:46pm
                                            Both! Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 10:51pm
                                                ((slow clap)) // nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 5 2012, 11:04pm
                                            I saw it in my mirror dubulous Send a private message to dubulous Dec 5 2012, 11:28pm
                                                You all are too much! Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Dec 6 2012, 1:12am
                                        Woah there! Glóin the Dark Send a private message to Glóin the Dark Dec 6 2012, 7:05pm
                        Hee hee. indeed...someone really needs to just write up a summary of the entire film...oh please? :P // Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Dec 6 2012, 3:24am
                Really? Avnar Send a private message to Avnar Dec 5 2012, 9:34pm
                    I disagree Altaira Send a private message to Altaira Dec 5 2012, 9:44pm
    To be fair, at least one of those people has been considerate enough to reply personally AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 6 2012, 12:18am
    Oddly enough many of the staff of this web site have seen the movie Tim Send a private message to Tim Dec 6 2012, 12:25am
        Very true. AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Dec 6 2012, 12:37am
        Many? No entmaiden Send a private message to entmaiden Dec 6 2012, 12:28pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.