Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Brief but telling Christopher Lee interview

HiddenSpring
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 7:06pm

Post #1 of 9 (1523 views)
Shortcut
Brief but telling Christopher Lee interview Can't Post

For those of us who wondered how Saruman would be portrayed in these films, this is an interesting one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKvkaEipcN0

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 5 2012, 7:15pm

Post #2 of 9 (675 views)
Shortcut
Other cast interviews here [In reply to] Can't Post

Link.

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Eruonen
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2012, 9:54pm

Post #3 of 9 (383 views)
Shortcut
link [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKvkaEipcN0

He still looks and sounds good. I am just glad he was able to shoot his parts.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Dec 5 2012, 10:21pm

Post #4 of 9 (347 views)
Shortcut
He's incredible! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sir Christopher Lee is on of my favourite actors in the world. He is in almost everything I loved to see (e.g. James Bond, LOTR, Star Wars) when I was a child. Although he's 90 he did and still does incredible things and I am so glad that he returned as Saruman the White - which is one of my favourite roles/performances of him. Perhaps it is one of his favourite too... he's a huge Tolkien-Fan. I'm really looking forward to this White Council scene and his sarcasm against Radagast the Brown.

The critics praised his performance in LOTR and some reviews did mentioned his great performance in the White council scene! I hope that we see more of him in the future and that he'll live long enough to shoot some more scenes for the pick-up shots next year (in London obviously). I want more Saruman. I want more Sir Christopher Lee. Please! Angelic

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Lacrimae Rerum
Grey Havens

Dec 5 2012, 10:35pm

Post #5 of 9 (359 views)
Shortcut
Although that is only in reference to the first film...... [In reply to] Can't Post

HiddenSpring
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 10:40pm

Post #6 of 9 (321 views)
Shortcut
I think we'll definitely see him again [In reply to] Can't Post

He said he had shot material for both films back when they were two.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Dec 5 2012, 10:49pm

Post #7 of 9 (289 views)
Shortcut
Only 6 days! 6 bloody days! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes I know that... I think there are two scenes with the White Council. One is in AUJ and one in DOS or TABA. But I hope that Peter, Philippa and Fran are going to write a third scene with him. I really want to see him and Radagast together on screen. It would be even better if all three Istari meet at the end of TABA with a small hint of Sarumans turn perhaps... that would be great.

But for now... I can't wait to see him again on screen. Only 6 days! 6 bloody days! Sly

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

elevorn
Lorien

Dec 6 2012, 3:15pm

Post #8 of 9 (91 views)
Shortcut
Lee!! [In reply to] Can't Post

He is one of the best actors I have ever had the priviledge of watching on screen. His intelligence and countenance just carry so much weight. When he speaks I listen, like I do with Sir Ian. If he says it is done well, I take that for face value as truth.

"clever hobbits to climb so high!"
Check out my writing www.jdstudios.wordpress.com

davidlean
The Shire

Dec 6 2012, 3:32pm

Post #9 of 9 (100 views)
Shortcut
An Istari summit meeting... [In reply to] Can't Post

...would be a great scene. Perhaps it could be shot next year when McKellen and McCoy probably still are in London.

An outdoor scene depicting Saruman searching Anduin for the One Ring could also look great. Maybe they could invent some means of transport worthy of Saruman, a bit like Radagastīs bunny sleigh, perhaps slightly mechanized to hint at Sarumanīs interest in mechanics.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.