Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
In exactly one week I will have seen it

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2012, 8:47pm

Post #1 of 13 (526 views)
Shortcut
In exactly one week I will have seen it Can't Post

with 30 friends and returned home, had breakfast, gotten into bed, and been unable to sleep because I have been in Middle-earth again, and so will get up and have second breakfast, I think blueberry pancakes with chocolate chips and maple syrup, then, hopefully, sleep. It will be a good day. What do you plan on doing afterwards?

A friend, who is truly the biggest fan in Wellington, maybe all of New Zealand, maybe in the whole world, was handed a ticket to the premiere a couple of hours before the screening, incredibly lucky dog. He is a fan, yes, but one who will express strong opinions either way. He will give me no details, but his reaction was "I was 'in' Middle-earth. It was beautiful, enchanting and absolutely the coolest experience." That's just another total stranger's opinion to you, but I trust his evaluation and thought some of you might be reassured while criticism flies around (which I haven't read because I'm hiding.)

So I'm planning on those pancakes and then dinner later in the day with 60 friends who will see a later screening, and I won't give them any details either, but will wave them off on their own journey to Middle-earth. If I sound a bit fey and too gooey, that's how I'm feeling right now - just a bit floaty and content that the wait is nearly over and with every confidence that the heart of Tolkien's stories - friendship and courage - is waiting for us again.

Happy trailsSmile

DeadRabbits
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 10:29pm

Post #2 of 13 (219 views)
Shortcut
I'm gonna watch it with 120 of my closest friends... [In reply to] Can't Post

... and then we're all gonna go over to my place for milk and cookies. Can't wait!

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

MediaMalable
Bree

Dec 4 2012, 10:31pm

Post #3 of 13 (210 views)
Shortcut
Beautiful Post [In reply to] Can't Post

These are my feelings exactly! When you speak of dreaming of Middle Earth, I know exactly the feeling.

The moment in Fellowship where we first hear Galadriel's voice over black was the beginning of a truly incredible journey to another world for me, and I'm sure for so many others. For 9 years I've been waiting to go back!

In a week I get too! Thank you Peter.

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2012, 10:54pm

Post #4 of 13 (201 views)
Shortcut
Just [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink. Whether they eat like hobbits or dwarves, you'll need loooots of cookies.SmileSmileSmile

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2012, 11:35pm

Post #5 of 13 (178 views)
Shortcut
It was the same for me. [In reply to] Can't Post

When Fellowship ended, I realized I had hardly moved in my seat for the length of the film. I expect it to be the same next week.
Thank you, Peter, indeed.

Carne
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2012, 11:40pm

Post #6 of 13 (171 views)
Shortcut
Bought tickets for myself and 7 friends for December 14th [In reply to] Can't Post

Cost a total of $214! Crazy

Luckily they'll have to pay me back...

Xanaseb
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2012, 12:41am

Post #7 of 13 (146 views)
Shortcut
:D awesome Lissuin :) // [In reply to] Can't Post

--I'm a victim of Bifurcation--

Join us over at Barliman's chat all day, any day!

(This post was edited by Xanaseb on Dec 5 2012, 12:41am)

flameofudun
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 4:53am

Post #8 of 13 (121 views)
Shortcut
My feelings exactly! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am going opening day with 30 other fans, then going home having some 'nice crispy bacon' before bed, going to sleep, waking up, playing my lotr video games, then going to see it again with my close freinds!!! Awesome!
I am so excited! The world of tolkein is one that will continue to grow and thrive forever, and it warms my heart every time I go there!

The Preciousss
Bree

Dec 5 2012, 7:47am

Post #9 of 13 (93 views)
Shortcut
Going with 4 friends and wife [In reply to] Can't Post

on December 12th, paid only 13€ per ticket (3DHFR), lucky me;)

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 5 2012, 7:55am

Post #10 of 13 (106 views)
Shortcut
120?! [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you booking the entire theatre then?

It's just me and my partner going. I'm tempted not to take her ... she'll just be huffing all the way through it. Evil

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

DeadRabbits
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 9:42am

Post #11 of 13 (113 views)
Shortcut
Actually, no... [In reply to] Can't Post

... I was kinda tired yesterday and tried to make some sort of lame joke.

Actually, I'm first going to see it with my sister and my nephew next Sunday (the movie is not yet rated in Sweden, so I hope it's rated 11 - otherwise my nephew won't be able to join us). Then I will see it with my girlfriend and maybe a couple of friends. 3D HFR the first time, and maybe 2D 24 fps the second time - my girlfriend isn't very much into this 3D HFR new tech stuff, she just wants to see the movie.

Now now Bill, you swore this was a battle between warriors, not a bunch of miss nancies, so warriors is what I brought

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 5 2012, 9:52am

Post #12 of 13 (83 views)
Shortcut
Sarcasm falls flat on its face on the net ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2012, 11:39pm

Post #13 of 13 (83 views)
Shortcut
Oh no, [In reply to] Can't Post

I got it. Laugh
I know when I'm being "out-numbered", Dead Rabbits,TongueWink

(This post was edited by Lissuin on Dec 5 2012, 11:41pm)

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.