Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
I'm kind of surprised

sauget.diblosio
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2012, 11:32am

Views: 385
Shortcut
I'm kind of surprised [In reply to] Can't Post

...that they did review screenings in 48 fps. Seems like an unwise move to me. Why would you potentially hinder these important early reviews with a "controversial", unproven new technology? A lot of these reviews are overly concerned with it's presentation, and not the movie itself or the story. Reviewers are understandably distracted from the movie, and focusing way too much of their attention on this mostly trivial, to the general audience anyway, technical matter. I really think this is going to bite them in the you-know-what-- most people would never even have heard of 48 fps otherwise. They just want to know if the movie's any good, and are gonna be scared away by this scary new technology that they would have to go way out of their way to see anyway. Makes no sense to me at all.

Subject User Time
How is The Hobbit possible with '' too much'' CGI ? Gusev8 Send a private message to Gusev8 Dec 4 2012, 9:57am
    The only review Gusev8 Send a private message to Gusev8 Dec 4 2012, 10:09am
    to everyone hyperventilating over reviews...Relax... nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 4 2012, 10:56am
        agree with all you are saying Balrogslunch Send a private message to Balrogslunch Dec 4 2012, 11:12am
            I'm kind of surprised sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Dec 4 2012, 11:32am
                completely agree... nobofthepony Send a private message to nobofthepony Dec 4 2012, 11:36am
                    I hope DOS Wordofmask Send a private message to Wordofmask Dec 4 2012, 1:46pm
                        It's the way forward DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Dec 4 2012, 1:59pm
                a point to remember..... Balrogslunch Send a private message to Balrogslunch Dec 4 2012, 11:40am
        Thank you Lindele Send a private message to Lindele Dec 4 2012, 4:34pm
            Reviews seemed balanced sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Dec 4 2012, 5:23pm
                Yeah, its' about 75% on the tomatometer totoro Send a private message to totoro Dec 5 2012, 4:41am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.