Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
*Spolers* Bunch of Hobbit Clips...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Joe20
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 6:06am

Post #1 of 62 (3479 views)
Shortcut
*Spolers* Bunch of Hobbit Clips... Can't Post

http://www.youtube.com/...flow=grid&view=0

I only watched the Goblin Town one and it was... Unimpressed

(This post was edited by Joe20 on Dec 4 2012, 6:11am)

shadowfaux
Bree

Dec 4 2012, 6:08am

Post #2 of 62 (1390 views)
Shortcut
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILERS! [In reply to] Can't Post

Please edit so unsuspecting folk don't watch!! There's like 6 new minutes of continuous final footage there!

Joe20
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 6:11am

Post #3 of 62 (1259 views)
Shortcut
Done [In reply to] Can't Post

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2012, 6:15am

Post #4 of 62 (1256 views)
Shortcut
Looks great!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't watch all of them - but what I did watch looked fantastic! Smile

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Dec 4 2012, 6:19am)

shadowfaux
Bree

Dec 4 2012, 6:16am

Post #5 of 62 (1262 views)
Shortcut
Wilhelm!!! (Spoiler) [In reply to] Can't Post

--- By an orc??? Who would have thought?

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Dec 4 2012, 6:16am

Post #6 of 62 (1311 views)
Shortcut
"You must be Mr. Boggins." [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh

duats
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2012, 6:19am

Post #7 of 62 (1294 views)
Shortcut
Hmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Martin Freeman looks great.

But that Goblin Town sequence... Yeesh.

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Dec 4 2012, 6:26am

Post #8 of 62 (1254 views)
Shortcut
a little silly [In reply to] Can't Post

Despite its silliness, I enjoyed it. I thought it was fun yet suspenseful at the same time, and I was annoyed when it ended. I wanted more!

duats
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2012, 6:32am

Post #9 of 62 (1157 views)
Shortcut
Eh [In reply to] Can't Post

It's not that I don't enjoy action sequences. I just prefer them to be a bit more... grounded and with a sense of weight.

This looks more like the brontosaurus stampede in King Kong than, say, the battle of Amon Hen in FoTR. I'm not getting a sense of danger of suspense here. It's just one flashy stunt-piece after another.

shadowfaux
Bree

Dec 4 2012, 6:33am

Post #10 of 62 (1171 views)
Shortcut
Comparable ... [In reply to] Can't Post

perhaps comparable to a legolas stunt - or more like 10 of them strung together. At least they didn't all resort to tossing each other over the chasms!

I can certainly see how a viewer could lack any concern at the thought that one of them might die - FOTR has such a different tone in that sense where 2 members of the fellowship "die", and Frodo nearly dying (judging only on this clip so far and the reviews I read). I expect the tone will darken through the next two films leading up to the bo5a.

I can't wait to see the whole thing!

jimmyfenn
Rohan

Dec 4 2012, 6:36am

Post #11 of 62 (1107 views)
Shortcut
wow , i sneaked one! [In reply to] Can't Post

what in durins day is this!

for quickbeam often laughed, he laughed if the sun came out from behind a cloud, he laughed if they came upon a stream or spring:

Mooseboy018
Gondor

Dec 4 2012, 6:44am

Post #12 of 62 (1085 views)
Shortcut
That's true. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hopefully the final fight with the wargs will be more in line with some of the more ground stuff in LotR.

Apexman13
Bree

Dec 4 2012, 6:48am

Post #13 of 62 (1194 views)
Shortcut
The goblin town sequence... My goodness [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm shocked Peter put the wilhelm scream in there. So out of place.

Did the camera really just go into first person gandalf ? Frown

The other clips were great though

Spencissimus
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 6:49am

Post #14 of 62 (1061 views)
Shortcut
I really liked it! [In reply to] Can't Post

It was a fun scene showing some nifty ingenuity that I think is suitable for the dwarves. A good balance of comedy and exciting action!

But yeah, I can see how it might not be for everyone.

Joe20
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 6:52am

Post #15 of 62 (1082 views)
Shortcut
I caved and watched the rest... [In reply to] Can't Post

They were much better. Really loved the Nobody Home one.

Istaris'staffs
Rivendell

Dec 4 2012, 6:52am

Post #16 of 62 (1077 views)
Shortcut
All the clips were excellent [In reply to] Can't Post

except that Goblin town sequence. First off, the transition from actual dwarf and wizard to CGI was apparent, but then again I'm looking at it close up in HD. But that was just over blown to me. If you had one of those moments in the sequence, than yeah that'd be cool but they're just plowing through them without any issues. Not that impressed.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2012, 6:54am

Post #17 of 62 (1020 views)
Shortcut
Me too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Looks like it will be a great sequence! Smile

Watching these clips (not all of them, mind you - I'm saving Riddles in the Dark for the 14th) has taken the sting out of the mixed critical response. By all accounts, it looks like we're in for a great time with An Unexpected Journey. Smile

"All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds awake to find that it was vanity; But the dreamers of day are dangerous men. That they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible."
- T.E. Lawrence

(This post was edited by Aragorn the Elfstone on Dec 4 2012, 6:55am)

Brandalf85
The Shire

Dec 4 2012, 6:56am

Post #18 of 62 (1096 views)
Shortcut
Goblin town [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't mind it really. It's not going to make me hate the film. It would have been cool to see the book version where they're running through the dark tunnels as they're being chased in the dark. Ah well. Like everything else, I'll adapt.

Aragorn the Elfstone
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2012, 6:56am

Post #19 of 62 (1063 views)
Shortcut
It's a tradition! [In reply to] Can't Post

I love hearing the Wilhelm scream. It's a rite of passage! Tongue

- T.E. Lawrence

duats
Grey Havens

Dec 4 2012, 7:00am

Post #20 of 62 (1114 views)
Shortcut
That's one of my problems with it [In reply to] Can't Post

The dwarves are just chucking the goblins around as if they were weightless rag-dolls. It looks effortless to a fault.

(This post was edited by duats on Dec 4 2012, 7:02am)

Gusev8
Bree

Dec 4 2012, 7:11am

Post #21 of 62 (973 views)
Shortcut
Good choice, I saw the part of Riddles in the Dark and it will be scary and very cool =) .// [In reply to] Can't Post

Feste

Dec 4 2012, 7:40am

Post #22 of 62 (946 views)
Shortcut
Oh dear... [In reply to] Can't Post

I will reserve damning judgements until I see the complete film, but that Goblin Town sequence looked like it was conceptualized, written, and filmed by a group of giddy boys on a sugar high. Perhaps I'm being too hasty, but that scene was utterly bewildering to me. If I'm going to completely understand this film, it looks as if I will require someone to pause the film every few seconds and explain what just happened through diagrams and slow motion replays. I don't mean that in a good way. It looks like standard Hollywood fare. I'm breaking the vow I made at the start, so I shall stop here.

On a brighter note, Martin Freeman looks brilliant!

waaimasjien
Bree

Dec 4 2012, 7:43am

Post #23 of 62 (940 views)
Shortcut
Agreed [In reply to] Can't Post

I was going to say the sequence was 'so Moria', but while it does very much refer to it (chanting, a fellowship running through the dark) these guys seem a bit overpowerful. In Moria we saw a desperate fellowship that had a hard time getting past loads of monsters, but the action here is very over the top (especially the goblins on the swinging lines that instead wrap around the falling bridge).
But we'll see how it plays out within the rest of the film. It's less serious after all.

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 4 2012, 7:52am

Post #24 of 62 (913 views)
Shortcut
Before I click ... and potentially ruin the entire film for myself [In reply to] Can't Post

How many clips are there (and what kind of length)?

Thanks. Smile

Want Hobbit Movie News? Hobbit Headlines of the Week!

Nine Finger Frodo
The Shire

Dec 4 2012, 7:58am

Post #25 of 62 (881 views)
Shortcut
6 clips.. [In reply to] Can't Post

Ranging from 40 seconds to a minute.

I loved the Goblin Town sequence, it's full of action and swooping shots that will be great in 3D. I don't know why people immediately start comparing this to the Moria sequence of LOTR, didn't we all agree we shouldn't be doing that in the first place?

I also watched the Riddles in the Dark clip and I think the CGI of Gollum is simply marvelous, so much better and smoother than 10 years go. Also pay attention to Bilbo's clumsy way of handling Sting, it really feels he has never seen battle before and doesn't know what he is doing!

Stairs of Cirith Ungol

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.