Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Have you stopped reading new information about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Have you stopped reading new information about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey?
Yes. I don't want to know anything more until I see it.
Somewhat. I still read a little bit of the new information, but try to hold back.
No. I want to know everything about AUJ and I want to know it now!
Actually, I've already seen AUJ. I'm a lucky beggar, aren't I?
View Results (44 votes)

Kassandros
Rohan

Dec 3 2012, 8:27pm

Post #1 of 33 (1345 views)
Shortcut
Have you stopped reading new information about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey? Can't Post

I've decided to stop reading the Hobbit forum as of now, becuase the spoilers have become too much.

How does everyone else feel?

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Dec 4 2012, 12:26am)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 3 2012, 8:56pm

Post #2 of 33 (647 views)
Shortcut
I'm going to try. [In reply to] Can't Post

It'll be difficult since I'm such a spoiler lover, but it's for the best. I don't want to know the whole film line by line before I see it. I'd like some sort of surprise.

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 3 2012, 9:05pm

Post #3 of 33 (629 views)
Shortcut
I'd like to say yes ... [In reply to] Can't Post

But the answer is no. And I won't stop either.

I love spoilers. Laugh

Elberbeth
Tol Eressea

Dec 3 2012, 10:13pm

Post #4 of 33 (604 views)
Shortcut
I never started -- I want it to be fresh and new.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Lissuin
Valinor

Dec 3 2012, 10:32pm

Post #5 of 33 (641 views)
Shortcut
2 things I've decided: [In reply to] Can't Post

1) not reading ANY reviews or tweets, good or bad
2) no more tv spots - really. I saw something in the last one that hinted at a story line I hadn't anticipated and it unsettled me. (Don't ask, Daniel. Wink It's just me and it's not huge.) I'd rather see changes to the story in context where they will make more sense.

Vangalad
Lorien

Dec 3 2012, 11:38pm

Post #6 of 33 (613 views)
Shortcut
Somewhat... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I'm having a hard time! Most recently I wanted to resist seeing the tv spot with Smaug... I resisted for more than 40 hours......... but alas it was futile Tongue

Sam20
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 12:28am

Post #7 of 33 (613 views)
Shortcut
news information [In reply to] Can't Post

Somewhat. I've watched some behind-the-scene stuff and tiny glimpses of the film with the production blog 9 and TV spot 6, 7, 8 recently but that's all. 12 days till the AUJ's release and I feel I don't really need more information. Not that there isn't some available out there... I restrained myself listening to the soundtrack...

(This post was edited by sam90 on Dec 4 2012, 12:28am)

Kassandros
Rohan

Dec 4 2012, 1:13am

Post #8 of 33 (589 views)
Shortcut
I've listened to the soundtrack four times already... [In reply to] Can't Post

I also looked at most of the leaked scans from the art book and watched the Smaug tv spot. But today, when reading descriptions from people who had seen it, I decided that I'd seen enough to make me very, very excited and I'm just gonna wait a week and a half and enjoy the film.

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2012, 2:09am

Post #9 of 33 (597 views)
Shortcut
I've pretty much avoided it all along [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't want to get caught up in the arguments and will they won't theys. I want to just go and be in the film not analyze it .... at least the first three times.

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 4 2012, 2:51am

Post #10 of 33 (618 views)
Shortcut
Ha! I am close to the same [In reply to] Can't Post

although the Jackson videos are a lot of fun. Always one really good laugh there. I do not think i have seen them all. Probably missed a couple.
Fresh and new i will buy. Forget the Hobbit forumSly.

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 4 2012, 7:48am

Post #11 of 33 (704 views)
Shortcut
I'm intrigued more than anything ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

But I think that's a good attitude to have. If one sees and/or reads a spoiler that is unsettling, or just sounds plain rubbish (however big or small), it's best to wait and see how it turns out in the film.

I simply wish I had more will-power. My current will-power is non-existant. Although, I haven't listened to the soundtrack at all (can I be proud of that?!) I'd love to go in with a clean slate. But that 'aint gonna happen!

Laugh

Kassandros
Rohan

Dec 4 2012, 3:32pm

Post #12 of 33 (610 views)
Shortcut
Soundtrack bothered me much less than the reviews, for some reason. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't like being told "This scene will be like this. This other scene will be like that". Takes all the mystery out of it and gets me judging it without having seen it. I really wish the movie was released this week. It feels like way too much time between when the film was finished and the embargo lifted and when most people get to see it. Everyone should see it at the same time. /grumpy

The soundtrack reassured me that I'd enjoy the movie at least for the audio. And the artbook reassured me I'd enjoy it for the visuals. Neither makes me feel like the movie has been spoiled for me. But reading the reports of people who've seen the movie makes me feel so.

*paces and waits for 9 more days and 13 and a half hours....*

(Why does North America get the film after everyone else??? Frodo's American. We should get it first! *grumps*)

imin
Valinor

Dec 4 2012, 4:45pm

Post #13 of 33 (599 views)
Shortcut
Yeah i have stopped now [In reply to] Can't Post

I actually stopped a little bit ago just so i didnt see all the tv spots. I also have not listened to any of the music as for me i really like hearing it the first time with the film - after that if the score is good - like with the lotr score i will go and buy it and listen some more.

For me some spoilers is good - or i guess what i prefer more is speculating but not really knowing - as we were all doing earlier this year.

I have however watched the vlogs and the two trailers so im not going in completely surprised

for me though its all part of the fun not knowing. I had no idea what was going to occur in FOTR other than what i had seen from the trailer and from the book - no spoilers for me!

I am guessing it has a majority of positive reviews but the only one that matters is my own. less than 10 days to go so im really looking forward to it!

Sam20
Lorien

Dec 4 2012, 5:20pm

Post #14 of 33 (552 views)
Shortcut
An Unexpected Journey [In reply to] Can't Post

Alas I couldn't help myself reading the short review by a TORn staffer who have attended the premier. Fortunalety there was not much of a 'spoiler' that I could regret having taking a look. It gaves only hint about waht could be and of her impression.

(This post was edited by sam90 on Dec 4 2012, 5:21pm)

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 4 2012, 5:45pm

Post #15 of 33 (544 views)
Shortcut
The one by Garfemaio? [In reply to] Can't Post

I read that one too. It said it was light on spoilers, so I read it too to get her impression. Thankfully, there weren't any spoilers that I could see - nothing that wasn't from the book, I don't think.

It was an encouraging review, and I'm definitely more looking forward to the movie because of it.

Misto
Lorien

Dec 5 2012, 10:05am

Post #16 of 33 (522 views)
Shortcut
I cut it down quite a bit [In reply to] Can't Post

I do still come on here every other day but I stay away from most Hobbit-related articles on the main site and threads on the boards. It's only a bit over a week left and as far as I'm concerned you can over-inform yourself on a film. So I'm just trying to relax and wait.

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Dec 5 2012, 4:29pm

Post #17 of 33 (561 views)
Shortcut
I usually hold it back... [In reply to] Can't Post

but I think it all depends on my mood. Wink

Hamfast
Rohan

Dec 6 2012, 3:40am

Post #18 of 33 (511 views)
Shortcut
I watched the first three vlog's with lust.... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I have been avoiding Hobbit news since.

But the journey is nigh my friends !

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 6 2012, 3:47am

Post #19 of 33 (495 views)
Shortcut
You've only seen the first three?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Holy cow! You have much better willpower than I do! I can barely get through these past few days without spoilers, lol.

Hamfast
Rohan

Dec 6 2012, 4:03am

Post #20 of 33 (509 views)
Shortcut
Yep... [In reply to] Can't Post

and I discussed my willpower regarding the soundtrack with grammaboodawg in the music thread a couple of weeks ago....the soundtrack will be in hand on Dec. 11th, and I won't even allow myself to take the shrinkwrap off until after I see the film !

I have a feeling the vlog's will be on the blu ray extras, and I want Pete's vision to reveal itself with zero media filter beforehand Smile

To keep me sane, I am currently on my umpteenth reading of The Hobbit.

I don't blame you for seeking out everything you can, it's exciting ! I will wake up Saturday the 15th and catch up with all the hype Wink

Ardamírë
Valinor

Dec 6 2012, 4:14am

Post #21 of 33 (539 views)
Shortcut
I've listened to... [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe a grand total of three minutes of the soundtrack. It's just not really something I'm interested in hearing beforehand.

I'd love to go into the film with no idea of what to expect, but there was no way I could do that. Cheers to you though for doing it! Looking forward to discussing with ya on the 15th!

DanielLB
Immortal

Dec 6 2012, 7:52am

Post #22 of 33 (602 views)
Shortcut
Care to share your will-power with me? [In reply to] Can't Post

Good on you Hamfast. You must be super excited? Smile

Hamfast
Rohan

Dec 6 2012, 3:23pm

Post #23 of 33 (547 views)
Shortcut
No worries Daniel.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I have plenty of will power to go around Smile

And yes, i'm incredibly excited for this experience ! The Hobbit was my first introduction to Tolkien, and my favorite of his books, and the film being made into a trilogy was fantastic news to me because now we are assured of getting the entirety of the book covered on film, as opposed to LOTR, where we missed out on Bombadil for example.

Ah yes....it is a great time to be a Tolkien fan !

JWPlatt
Grey Havens

Dec 6 2012, 9:34pm

Post #24 of 33 (504 views)
Shortcut
Fashion [In reply to] Can't Post

I stopped a while back, before it was in fashion here. If you're all just deciding now, it's way too late.

I look at thread titles and only go for what looks interesting and does not speak about the contents of the movie.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Dec 7 2012, 12:15am

Post #25 of 33 (509 views)
Shortcut
None of the above. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not actively avoiding nor seeking out information. If it comes up in my facebook feed, and if I have time, I'll watch a video. I don't mind spoilers, one way or the other. I don't frequent the Hobbit board, mostly because it's so contentious there. I was beside-myself excited in 2001, but this round I'm feeling more mellow. I'm looking forward to the movie, but I don't have that feeling in 2001 that my sister put so eloquently: "I guess I'll have to start living right, so I live long enough to see all the movies."

I'll probably get the soundtrack early, because my minister wants me to play my harp on Christmas Eve, and we have a tradition of me playing LotR music, beginning on Christmas Eve 2001, and I'd like to do a little Hobbit music if I can figure it out in time.

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Dec 7 2012, 12:17am)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.