Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Has PJ taken over directorial duties on The Dambsuters Remake?

malickfan
Gondor

Dec 3 2012, 2:41pm

Post #1 of 5 (255 views)
Shortcut
Has PJ taken over directorial duties on The Dambsuters Remake? Can't Post

The fact that we have heard virtually nothing since Stephen Fry's coments earlier this year, and Christain Rivers mysterious reappearance in the Last Hobbit blog (I thought he'd moved to america?) got me thinking Whether PJ would take over.

As he is directing Fry in the hobbit, and has a massive interest in the period I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped in to take over (He's been attached to it since 2004)-he has more time and money to spare than Rivers, and the studio would probabaly be keener for him to take over. In anycase I'm surprised we haven't heard more about this or the Rumoured film about the Gallipoli landings PJ is planning, he's stated his interest in the period, and I would find his take on such dramatically grounded material interesting.

Thoughts?

‘As they came to the gates Cirdan the Shipwright came forth to greet them. Very tall he was, and his beard was long, and we was grey and old, save that his eyes were keen as stars; and he looked at them and bowed, and said ‘All is now ready.’

Perhaps the most fascinating Individual in Middle Earth

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Dec 4 2012, 10:12pm

Post #2 of 5 (92 views)
Shortcut
All I have for you is old. [In reply to] Can't Post

I keep on the look out for Dambusters info, too, but there is very little. There was something last year about PJ still collecting vintage vehicles from the UK for it, trucks and such http://www.stuff.co.nz/...rs-before-Dambusters, and supposedly there is a full-size non-flying replica of a Lancaster bomber out in Wairarapa. (articles from 2008/2009 but of interest)http://www.stuff.co.nz/...looms-for-Dambusters
http://www.stuff.co.nz/...ight-to-Jackson-film

In an article from 2010, Stuff news said this:
"Jackson is a vintage aviation buff and owns a collection of 29 World War I and replica planes, about half of which are in flying condition. He also owns a plane building company, The Vintage Aviator, and is planning a film about the World War II Dambusters, for which some test shots of scale replica Lancaster bombers have already been filmed." Their website is interesting for WWI planes, but nothing on Dambusters.

http://dambustersblog.com/category/peter-jackson/ The Dambusters Blog tries to keep up.

I'll keep my ears open.

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 5 2012, 5:45am

Post #3 of 5 (97 views)
Shortcut
He was asked about Dambusters [In reply to] Can't Post

in the RadioNZ interview posted on the Home Page on Nov 28th. Here is a transcript of the question and answer, or you can listen to it here, beginning at 21:50.

Q: And here you obviously have the 3 Hobbit films to complete, but any other projects now on the horizon? There has been some talk about Dambusters, for example?

PJ: Oh sure, well, The Dambusters is a project that I've certainly been interested in for a while. I guess, if you could say anything, The Hobbit sort of came along and got in the way of that project a bit. So that's definitely there as a potential project on the cards, still very very excited about doing that and hopefully we will. At the moment we've got 2 years, pretty much, to get through these next 2 Hobbit films and...I kind of find, I don't particularly like having a long-term plan, so for instance I know that I've got 2 more Hobbit films and I know it's going to take 2 years. If I started to think now too much about what I was going to do in...what would that be? 2016...I'd kind of think it was a bit boring? Because you literally, then you're going through the next several years just trying to fulfill something that you've got a plan for. I think life's much more interesting if the unexpected happens. So, for all I know, the movie that we end up making after The Hobbit might be something that I don't know anything about now. And that's kind of...that's the fun of it. I'm not a guy really to have long-term 5 year plans, particularly.

Silverlode

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Dec 5 2012, 6:18am

Post #4 of 5 (115 views)
Shortcut
Thanks, Silverlode, I missed that. So we wait. [In reply to] Can't Post

"I think life's much more interesting if the unexpected happens." PJ

He must be thrilled with the last 2 or 3 years, right? Laugh

Lissuin
Tol Eressea

Dec 15 2012, 7:55am

Post #5 of 5 (168 views)
Shortcut
Empire Jackson interview with Dambuster news [In reply to] Can't Post

At 1:17 - http://www.empireonline.com/.../story.asp?NID=36033

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.