Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Nice articles on Deadline about the VFX for The Hobbit

Earl
Forum Admin / Moderator

Dec 3 2012, 12:56pm

Post #1 of 4 (995 views)
Shortcut
Nice articles on Deadline about the VFX for The Hobbit Can't Post

Interesting picture of the Stone Giants sequence and the story behind it in this one.

And a wee bit in this one.

(This post was edited by Earl on Dec 3 2012, 12:58pm)

sycorax82
Rohan

Dec 3 2012, 4:48pm

Post #2 of 4 (206 views)
Shortcut
Yet more evidence of 3D hampering good production [In reply to] Can't Post

They couldn't rain real water on the actors because it affects the 3D?? I wish this fad would just DIE!! Angelic

Seriously, 3D really should just go away so we can get back to filmmaking.

Snulleman
The Shire

Dec 3 2012, 6:53pm

Post #3 of 4 (150 views)
Shortcut
That's not what it says [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
They couldn't rain real water on the actors because it affects the 3D?? I wish this fad would just DIE!! Angelic

Seriously, 3D really should just go away so we can get back to filmmaking.

It doesn't really say it affects the 3D. The problem thay had is that water would enter the 3D cameras and stick
to the mirror(s) which would break the 3D effect, that's why they decided to add the rain in postproduction. I'm
sure future versions of 3D cameras will be "waterproof" to avoid the problem. In the beginning of 3D there were
a few movies that used 3D more or less as a gimmick but those times are mostly past. In my opinion 3D in the
hands of skilled filmmakers like James Cameron, Ridley Scott or Peter Jackson doesn't hurt the filmmaking
process, is just add another dimension. (Pun intended).

utku
Rivendell

Dec 3 2012, 7:12pm

Post #4 of 4 (158 views)
Shortcut
Speaking of Ridley Scott [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought beginning shots of Prometheus looked absolutely beautiful in 3D and it was just waterfalls and dry lands. I am more than ready to be blown away by the amazing scenery of New Zealand. Smile

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.