Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
It's time for some BS!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Dec 3 2012, 10:26am

Views: 258
Shortcut
It's time for some BS! Can't Post

T'is a Book Spoiler, fersher, of a leisurely and informative stay in Rivendell... for a moment of Tolkien-zen.

From A Short Rest: The Hobbit

... "And so at last they all came to the Last Homely House, and found its doors flung wide....
... ...They stayed long in that good house, fourteen days at least, and they found it hard to leave. Bilbo would gladly have stopped there for ever and ever—even supposing a wish could have taken him right back to his hobbit-hole without trouble....
... ...All of them, the ponies as well, grew refreshed and strong in a few days there. Their clothes were mended as well as their bruises, their tempers and their hopes. Their bags were filled with food and provisions light to carry but strong to bring them over the mountain passes. Their plans were improved with the best advice...
... ...Elrond knew all about runes of every kind. That day he looked at the swords they had brought from the trolls' lair, and he said: "These are not troll-make. They are old swords, very old swords of the High Elves of the West, my kin. They were made in Gondolin for the Goblin-wars. They must have come from a dragon's hoard or goblin plunder, for dragons and goblins destroyed that city many ages ago. This, Thorin, the runes name Orcrist, the Goblin-cleaver in the ancient tongue of Gondolin; it was a famous blade. This, Gandalf, was Glamdring, Foe-hammer that the king of Gondolin once wore. Keep them well!"
... "Whence did the trolls get them, I wonder?" said Thorin looking at his sword with new interest.
... "I could not say... ...but one may guess that your trolls had plundered other plunderers, or come on the remnants of old robberies in some hold in the mountains of the North. I have heard that there are still forgotten treasures of old to be found in the deserted caverns of the mines of Moria, since the dwarf and goblin war."
... Thorin pondered these words. "I will keep this sword in honour," he said. "May it soon cleave goblins once again!"
... "A wish that is likely to be granted soon enough in the mountains!" said Elrond."

sample

I really need these new films to take me back to, and not re-introduce me to, that magical world.

TORn's Observations Lists
Unused Scenes

Subject User Time
It's time for some BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 3 2012, 10:26am
    This line is Rivendell in a nutshell: dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Dec 4 2012, 2:02am
        I thought the same thing :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 4 2012, 2:25am
            Bomby so hopes they use those words exactly in the Movie/// Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Dec 4 2012, 7:10am
    It's time for some BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 4 2012, 3:13pm
        It's time for some MORE BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 5 2012, 10:43am
            It's time for yet MORE BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Dec 6 2012, 10:26am
                Tolkien's doing it again! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Dec 6 2012, 11:21am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.